Charter Oak State College Reviews

Completely online fully accredited Connecticut state school. Affordable tuition, financial aid available, and an excellent choice for those who are seeking bachelors or masters degrees while working full-time. All credits from CT Community Colleges and State Universities transferred.
I really like the Charter Oak experience. I enjoy being able to take all my classes online and despite never seeing students in person, you often become close with your classmates. I like the teachers that I have had and have found many of the courses rewarding.
The class I took was online. I only had an over the phone contact with the stuff. Every time I called everyone was great, pleasant and always helped me with anything I needed.
Review Charter Oak State College
Charter Oak State College was by far the best thing that happened to me while I was acquiring my Bachelor's degree. I am a working adult in the automotive retail industry who needed a 4 year degree to move over to the corporate side of the industry. Before transferring to Charter Oak, I was enrolled at a community college and working 12 hours per day. At that rate it would have taken me about 8 years to complete a 4 year program and I couldn't bear to think about it. Then I discovered Charter Oak, transferred my existing credits and was able to finish my 4 year degree within 3 total years. My academic counselor was amazing and understood how important it was for me to finish school in a timely manner since my career advancement depended on it. The institution is accredited and adult friendly. I would recommend this school to anyone, and if you choose to continue into graduate school like I did, all your credits will transfer without a problem. Thank you Charter Oak!
I believe this college is a great way to be independent while balancing work and school. Learning in an online classroom is tricky at sometimes, but if you really apply yourself, anything can be possible with the right attitude.
Charter Oak is an online transfer college with a liberal acceptance policy for credits. Considered one of the "big three," a nickname for three online colleges which allow students to test out of many--nearly all-- courses using CLEP and other credit-by-examination, it's a perfect choice for the non-traditional student.
I registered and paid to attend this school. As soon as I started digging a little deeper, I found out a lot of things that didn't sit well with me, so I withdrew immediately from the school. One thing I didn't like is that this school touts that they are so affordable, in reality they charge a lot of fees. If you don't go to school for a semester, you get charged for the semester you didn't attend, on top of the current semester you do attend. When I paid to attend, they never sent me a college email, I had to write a person there and let them know I never got one. Even though the school has a lot of online programs, and I am sure they have a lot of out-of-state students, there seem to be more scholarships for in- state students than any for out-of-state students attending( I found a school that offers online student scholarships). The school sure was quick to offer me loans to help put me in debt though.
This school has been the perfect choice for me, someone who holds down 2 jobs and lives far from any 4 year college campus. They have allowed me to compile credits from other colleges, standard tests like the CLEP, portfolio experience, independent study, and online courses. They have been great about keeping contact with me and encouraging me to keep going. The advisors are always available and helpful, their response time is great. The faculty are very professional and knowledgeable. This school has been a great experience for me. I would definitely recommend them to someone who is in a similar situation as I am. They are also well-priced.
It feels like a great and safe place to be at.
The quality of the stuff in the Pasco campus is great. There are very helpful. they care about you they don't treat you like a number.
Friendly stuff lots of information. By talking to them they made it very easy to find the information I need. Wither is on line or at school I have always had help with any question that I had. That what make it unique there is always someone available for me. If I could do it all over again I would choose this school again.
This college is more for the working professional more than anything else. In my program, all of my class mates were already employed. With that being said, I felt that the degree that I earned from COSC was incredibly beneficial and will help me throughout my career. I am very satisfied with my education at COSC.
Charter Oak State College (COSC) was incredibly convenient for me. First, they took my 100+ transfer credits and tried to apply them as best as possible to meet the concentration that I chose. Second, any general education courses that I was missing, I knew that I could easily use American Council on Education (ACE) certified courses or exams to either learn the material, or prove that I already knew it. This second point is huge for me. A lot of institutions limit the amount of transfer credit, first of all, but they also do not take ACE credit very readily, as is my experience with the California State University System. The third reason I liked COSC, is because all of my instructors worked in the field that they taught, and on top of that, EVERY member of the COSC faculty that I talked to was incredibly professional, courteous, and willing to answer any questions. Last of all, throughout my Public Safety Administration studies, I learned incredibly valuable information that I can and have already applied to my job with great results - this education is applicable and effective. I highly recommend COSC to anyone looking to maximize what they already know, and who want a good education in their field(s) of study.
I am currently taking a cornerstone seminar online. I felt that the assignments and due date were not very clear. I am computer literate but not fantastic. I felt it should have been more understandable.
I am not to sure on Greek life
I am glad i chose to attend this school. It works out well for my work schedule and being involved in mybson's life
The athletic groups are great. Not much time for me to participate but is well rounded
Review Charter Oak State College
So far so good. Need to register.
This is an online school
i like the fact that i can be anywhere and still enjoy and be in class