Charleston Southern University Reviews

I loved attending Charleston Southern University. They gave me the opportunity to complete my degree to become a teacher with the help from professors that care about you and are willing to help you in any way possible!
I love this school! Even though it was not my first choice (it was my second) I do not regret it one bit. I love the environment and the people there. I enjoy how the professor and student ratio is 1:15 so the professors are able to form a relationship with the student and know their needs.
I like CSU however, there are a few things that could be fixed but it is like that at every university. CSU is a competitive university and if you are here to stay then this is the place for you
Start Your Review of Charleston Southern University
This up coming summer will be my 3rd semester here at CSU. I transferred from TTC a 2 year college here in Charleston, SC after graduating with 2 degrees. Being here so far has been amazing. The people are friendly and wonderful and well-knowing. I've had no issues thus far with getting settled in and I got the hang of the online format within the first week of me being there. I recommend this college to anyone from a new student to a transfer student to older adults.
Charleston Southern University is by far one of the best colleges in my area, for both commuters and residents. There is never any crime here, and everyone is amazing, nice, and respectful. I love this college with all of my heart.
Charleston southern university is a great place to come if you're a christian looking for a christian environment. It is exceptionally well for the academics. I would personally not live on campus, because the (male) dorms are very old. The internet is very spotty all over campus, and the cafeteria is not open 24/7 like other private christian colleges I've heard about. Girls are not allowed in the boys dorm and the times where the guys can be in the girls dorms are very limited. You have to attend chapel so many times to graduate from the school. They are very strict with the no alcohol and drugs on campus so much that they enforce it even on social media (pictures of either two on your social media accounts can cause you to be removed off campus. I am a christian but there comes a time when you don't need your parents hovering over you, and Charleston Southern is just another place where that happens.
Charleston Southern University is a wonderful institution. The professors are widely diverse and always available to lend a helping hand even if they are not teaching you. Like most campuses there is room for improvements such as the food and housing, but I made the best choice of my life attending Charleston Southern University. Go Bucs!
The Criminal Justice department at Charleston Southern is the best. The facility members in the department are very knowledgeable in their fields. The Criminal Justice department operates as one big supportive family. The Professors will help you help inside and outside of the classroom.
I would not change anything about CSU for it is surely the place that God intended me to further my education.
Charleston Southern University is a good school. Charleston Southern has great professors and offers many resources for your academics. It is also a small campus that is very easy to get around. I would like to see two things change about Charleston Southern: the student population and the athletics. I think Charleston Southern needs a bigger student population in order to create more diversity. It also needs a better athletics program.
It’s an alright college, but there isn’t much to do on campus. Campus life is pretty dead here. If you can, I would bring a car because there’s many things to do off campus. Also, if you’re looking for college here to be different than high school, there’s not much of a difference. This school is very cliquey, and sims cliques are hard to get into.
I will be starting my first semester at Charleston Southern University for the Spring 2018 term. So far, I have been completely satisfied with any questions regarding my class schedule or new campus. I look forward to the upcoming opportunity.
Big fan of the Christian environment! Small school population makes it easy to connect with people for bible studies, study groups, etc. Plenty of friendly places to hang out and study on campus.
The campus is very small. I liked that there were small classroom sizes that allowed us to interact directly with the professors, but there are few campus clubs that applied to my interests. The dining hall had a lot of healthy options available and I enjoy having the Chik fil A and coffee shop right on campus.
Small university with a BIG vision, I look forward to my time here. The Christian Atmosphere is not overwhelming, but you can tell that the staff works through God's word. They actually care about you and will take the time to help you acheive your goals.
Charleston Southern is an excellent school for students to consider. If you are considering majoring in Nursing, CSU is your best option. The ratio of student to teacher is remarkable. Any questions or problems you have, the professors will do anything to help their students. The campus is beautiful and opportunities are endless.
Great school to get your education at, while also becoming closer to the Lord. However this school treats its students like children! They are bunk beds in the dorms for grown people to sleep in. The dorm room is fit for one person, maybe two, but they shove three people in there. The dorms are old, molded, and have been there since the 1920s. Being a female, having to share a small room with two other girls is bad, but having to share a bathroom with five other females, is worse. Not only are the are the living accommodations horrible, but the food is just as bad. The food is unseasoned, inedible, and sad. The wifi doesn't always work, there's not enough parking, and there's not enough washers and dryers for three floors worth of residents. For the money I'm paying to attend this school, it's not worth it!
Start Your Review of Charleston Southern University
Eh! There's a reason why the enrollment here is so low. The academics here are pretty good and the cafe food is alright I guess, but that's about it. As for the location, the university is not even in Charleston it's in North Charleston but it's closer to goose creek and Ladson than anywhere else. The campus life sucks horribly! The dorms, especially the quads, are disgusting!! The bathrooms are horrible, which you have to share with four other people, the rooms are terribly small and they try to fit three people into a room, and there are literally spiders everywhere. The res life here is very very very strict and annoying and will check your room regularly and if things are not perfect you get a ticket. There aren't any open house hours and you can never have anyone of the opposite sex near your room ever, Family member or not! This school is definitely not worth the money they charge. Any intelligent person would take their chances somewhere else. Honestly!
Honestly at this point, I absolutely love this college. All the enrollment people have been so helpful! I am transferring into this college and when I enrolled into my previous college I barely heard anything back from them and had to hunt people down to answer one question! With Charleston Southern I have received at least one or two letters a week on reminding me of things I still need to do before I start in the fall.
This is a good place to go. I would recommend going here because you will truly excel academically. This place is a little pricey if your family doesn't make what's necessary. They have lots of clubs and activities and I really would recommend this college.