Charleston Southern University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Affordable fixed or variable rates
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.50 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.53 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.53 responses
Most Popular Majors
Parks, Recreation and Leisure Studies42 Graduates
Business Administration and Management39 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration36 Graduates
Non-Profit and Public Management26 Graduates
Human Resources Management24 Graduates
Graphic Design21 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.61 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.63 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.39 responses
Charleston Southern University Reviews
Great school to get your education at, while also becoming closer to the Lord. However this school treats its students like children! They are bunk beds in the dorms for grown people to sleep in. The dorm room is fit for one person, maybe two, but they shove three people in there. The dorms are old, molded, and have been there since the 1920s. Being a female, having to share a small room with two other girls is bad, but having to share a bathroom with five other females, is worse. Not only are the are the living accommodations horrible, but the food is just as bad. The food is unseasoned, inedible, and sad. The wifi doesn't always work, there's not enough parking, and there's not enough washers and dryers for three floors worth of residents. For the money I'm paying to attend this school, it's not worth it!
Charleston Southern University is a wonderful institution. The professors are widely diverse and always available to lend a helping hand even if they are not teaching you. Like most campuses there is room for improvements such as the food and housing, but I made the best choice of my life attending Charleston Southern University. Go Bucs!
Honestly at this point, I absolutely love this college. All the enrollment people have been so helpful! I am transferring into this college and when I enrolled into my previous college I barely heard anything back from them and had to hunt people down to answer one question! With Charleston Southern I have received at least one or two letters a week on reminding me of things I still need to do before I start in the fall.