Charles R. Drew University of Medicine & Science Reviews

My advisor has taken time out of her busy schedule to meet with various people from our program to assuage their concerns regarding how things would proceed during the pandemic. she's been very knowledgeable and kind during these trying times.
Just starting here, but despite the pandemic-related concerns, Drew is doing a pretty good job of addressing everyone's needs and keeping everyone on track. Most of the faculty and staff are pretty nice too.
The professors here do not want there students to fail, and their doors are ways open literally for any and everything. The campus is extremely small, and it’s something that I enjoyed being here. The hospital, which is across the street is my place for food lol. There’s politics where ever you go, and instead of getting myself involved in drama, and things I had no control over I went to class, and then I dipped. Overall you’ll meet and make lasting friendships with some dope people.
Start Your Review of Charles R. Drew University of Medicine & Science
I enjoyed my classmates, Ms. Kelly-Parker and the knowledge that I gain. Some that can only be gain at a school that is focused based on healthcare in low income and disparities in the community it serves.
I love everything about this university. The diversity of students and faculty, the engagement of learning, the ability to succeed and ability to know my fellow students and professors.
Charles Drew is an excellent school that encourages diversity and equality! Being placed in the center of Los Angeles allows students to engage in the community.
This university advertises itself as a private university with a public mission, dedicated to improving the health disparities faced by under-served communities. When I first visited, I knew that they stayed true to their cause. As a historically Black, Latino, and Asian university, the diversity on this campus is like nothing I have ever experienced. They made me feel at home and made me feel that I can truly do my best and fulfill by dream of having a career in forensics. Their devotion to helping undeserved communities by providing resources to teach and train more students in the healthcare sector is something that is important to me as someone who has had many health issues.
I went to go for a tour. There determine and passion on what they do and teach. The staff is helpful and kind. The school helps you with all you finances.
It’s Diverse, student friendly services, have some caring faculty and staff, small class sizes, open to different cultures and beliefs
I went to go for a tour at Charles drew university. The teacher and students were so determined and passionate about then school. It’s a small college but the environment is so peaceful. There so helpful and are willing to help.
CDU is a very small personalized school where I feel connected to the campus and other students there. I don't feel lost in the crowd and faculty and staff recognize me and take the time to learn who I am.
Currently some classrooms need to be updated, but they are in the process of slowing renovating. Overall the campus is safe, student friendly, and convenient for long days in the classroom.
The school is small, but it provides students with everything they might need during their studying here. The professors are very knowledgable and understanding, they will try their best to help you prepare for your future career.
This school was a major disappointment. They care very little for their students. I have one semester left of school and cannot afford it. Instead of giving me options, I was told that helping me find aid was not their job. Funny, since the people I was in contact with worked in the financial aid office. I want to finish at a community college, but cannot because they refuse to release my official transcripts. I do not mind setting up a payment plan, but they want the money upfront. I told the head of the financial aid department that I would be stuck with loans and no degree. I was told again that that was not their problem.
I really that my University is strictly gear toward Medicine it makes everything a bit easier. All of out events are medical based, like Blood Drives, allowing Professional to come to our campus and speak with us. Research opportunities are great, we have a research area just for school to utilize. There is a hospital located right next to us so that's awesome as well.
Coming into Charles Drew as a Undergrad was a transition itself but my school isn't really undergrad savy. As undergrads we learned a lot on our own.
Post-Bac program are good, and they offer various networking relationships allowing advancement and possible job placement
Since I am majoring in Health Sciences, the University allow hands on experience and all the professor have done some sort of research in all area of studies. There are always some type of seminar or some events going on related to the health disparities and forum there. The University is always involved in the community health issues. They have ties with various hospital and medical clinics
Start Your Review of Charles R. Drew University of Medicine & Science
My experience at the school has been good so far. Since I am a older student, I have no time to play around with class, curriculum. All school can improve flexibility you have to take the good with the not so good
Online classes are okay, they are easy to manage and understand. The library and professor provide assistance as needed.
As school go, you come across some good professor and so excellent professors. At Charles Drew, it is not excluded from that range as well. Over all, the professor and courses will prepare you to succeed in the health care field. They have some excellent tutors and they class style is good.