Chapman University Reviews

2,004 reviews
Chapman is a great school. It is located 10 minutes from Disneyland, and is also a relatively short drive away from both San Diego and Los Angeles. Academics are great, people are friendly, and there is little to complain about.
I graduated from Chapman with a BS in Health Sciences. This school was a great fit for me coming from a small town. I felt a great sense of community and made a lot of friends. There was a lot to do in the area. I successfully graduated and felt I learned a lot and felt prepared for my future in the work force.
Chapman is a great school for anyone looking for a smaller, more intimate learning experience. Small class sizes allow students and professors to have a close relationship and the school makes an effort to be inclusive and safe for all.
Start Your Review of Chapman University
I went to Chapman from 2011-2015 and it was the best time of my life! Stellar campus with proximity to the beach and mountains. Beautiful weather all year round and everyone is super nice with great school pride.
Chapman has fantastic facilities, clubs, programs, and engagement. The only thing lacking is diversity.
I love chapman it is such an amazing school! It has the most amazing campus and it is absolutely beautiful.
The classes and teachers are good, if you do your research. Orange County is very Republican, as are a lot of the students. If you're a liberal, prepare to debate!
Chapman is a beautiful campus, however very pricey. They are slightly stingy with their scholarships so be prepared to drop serious cash if you are planning to attend. Other than that, great school, good-looking people and a vibrant student community.
My time at Chapman has definitely been rewarding so far. Every person you pass by on campus always has a smile and is very friendly. As for classes, yes some courses are challenging. But each professor goes out of their way to make sure every student has resources available to them in order to improve their grade in class. There are multiple tutors, SI sessions, office hours, and even outside meetings if needed. Overall, Chapman is a warm and loving place to attend and I am looking forward to the rest of my time here.
I love the classroom size and opportunity to speak one on one with your teachers during office hours. This allows me to have a better understanding of the topics that we discuss in class if i wasn't too sure about them before, preparing me for the tests efficiently.
Best school ever. The kids are so intellectual, nice, and wonderful, the professors are incredible, the weather is perfect, the campus is beautiful, everyone wants you to succeed...what more could a person want?
As it being my first semester here at Chapman, I already feel integrated into the system by the welcoming and knowledgeable professors. The students greet each other at all times throughout the day and provide a friendly environment, one that makes you want to be active in the community while engaging in your studies.
What I love about Chapman is the welcoming feeling I get every time I step on campus. I have been able to develop some wonderful relationships with not only friends, but staff and faculty as well. Due to the smaller class sizes at Chapman, it's very easy to get to know the professors well and find time to meet with them outside of class for extra help. What I do not care for at Chapman is the high priced tuition. Since it is a private university, the cost of attendance is much higher than that of other schools on the west coast. However, they do offer financial aid which does help many students.
I liked the smaller class sizes and attention to tutoring hours. The campus itself is smaller than I initially thought and off campus housing is practically essential after the first year. Living prices in the area are extremely expensive which makes it difficult unless you consider renting a room with another person. Overall, sports are not popular here at all unless you are on the lacrosse team and there is little school spirit regarding the events. The student programming board does not do a good job of creating events for the student body which is very surprising since it is a private school that has more than enough money in order to create events for the student.
Great school with great People and I love the food! Although, something that I don’t appreciate as much is the diversity of the school, but that can be fixed easily.
So far, I've had a fairly good experience at Chapman. The school's a lot smaller than it seems coming in, and you tend to see the same people in all of your classes. One thing I really like about Chapman is that a lot of the professors have real life experience and many have been extremely successful in their respective fields. I'm currently studying accounting and finance and in just two years, I have had the opportunity to learn from a professor who was the CFO of an international company, a professor who ran his own Hedge Fund and Investment bank, a former partner at one of the Big 4 accounting firms, and someone who currently manages a portfolio of over a billion dollars for an investment firm based in Germany. There's tons of opportunities if you're willing to go out and look for them, my only disliking of the school is its size, but it's expanding rapidly. Chapman's a great school, but it may not be what you're looking for if you're looking forward to good sports and parties.
Chapman's small school size brings a tight-knit community of students and small class sizes that allow students to excel. Most professors are very knowledgeable in their field and ready to help. The campus is beautiful and it's in a great location. There are plenty of ways to get involved and meet people.
Start Your Review of Chapman University
Film school is one of the best in the nation. Alumni and adjunct professors have a lengthy resume which prove to be impressive. They have various majors which help everyone find their niche in college. On campus jobs and opportunities help students prepare for the real world. Parking is a nightmare no matter how many structures they open. I hope to see the cost of tuition drop substantially.
Chapman University is a great institution for scholars who want to live in California, have a small class ratio and . This has helped me in so many ways because I have been able to keep a close relationship with my teachers, get all the help I need, and attend their office hours. Everyone is unique, friendly, and even though we do not have the best athletic teams they are still treated like the best and play to the best of their abilities. In Chapman we strive for more, we look up for success, and we communicate with one another. This is a crucial tool in life that many fail to carry on, communication, the ability to talk to other and get to know them. This might seem so easy to do but in fact people lack communication skills and that is why there are problems not just between individuals but in the world. In Chapman we learn how to communicate and we open the door of opportunity to one another.
I enjoy the small, intimate classroom size and clean campus. The local area is also quaint and a good place for hanging out. However, I would add more parking structures (as parking spaces are limited) and bring more light in the surrounding neighborhoods, so it isn't so dark for night-class students.