Champlain College Reviews

Champlain College is the place you want to go to if you are looking for somewhere quiet. The peaceful atmosphere creates a great environment for studying and being next door to the University of Vermont also provides many benefits.
Although I am just an incoming Freshman with one semester completed, I really appreciate the "Upside Down" curriculum. During my first semester, I have already participated in a group setting developing a game. The Core courses combine English, Social Studies and History to blend into a very interesting class. It is advantageous to my studies as a future Game Designer/Programmer to begin my studies upon walking onto campus instead of waiting until Junior year like most degree plans.
Awesome environment, nice, clean, and amazing people. I love the tours and the people there just had great energy and really brought happiness to the application process.
Start Your Review of Champlain College
My first time stepping on Champlain Colleges campus I instantly fell in love with the school. What I think is special about that is that amazement has never gone away. Our first-year residence halls are unique in the fact that they are Victorian-era mansions. They range in sizes from 14 students to 60. When you are an upperclassman you also can live in pod style housing in our Finney Quad or our brand new apartment housing in 194. The community at Champlain is amazing due to the small class and school size. You really have the chance to get to know everyone. Professors and students get a lot of 1-1 time and you get to know all of the professional staff on campus very well. There is always something to do on campus and travel options. Burlington has a really good scene for students to explore. We also are a hub between Boston and Montreal so it is easy to travel to those destinations.
Small school with an upside down curriculum especially computer related majors and business majors. Has some unique offers such as law BA and computer forensics. Beautiful campus in a diverse city.
Honestly, I have no negative comments about Champlain University. I think that the most important fact about an online college it's the platform and Champlain's online platform is very easy to browse through, organized and modern. Financial aid can also be troublesome but Champlain always makes it seem very easy to me. As of today, I wouldn't change anything about Champlain College! And I say it from the bottom of my heart. If there was anything bad about it, I wouldn't hesitate on saying it!
Champlain College only really cares if you are a Game major if you are in any other major you often get overlooked. The freshman dorms suck but the upperclassman dorms are great. The food is either awful or amazing. Burlington itself is great and is close to everything that it is amazing. The campus is on a hill so be ready for a hike. Most of the professors are great, with a few terrible ones. On-campus jobs are only for media-related majors, which sucks.
I have not officially started college yet but I have visited Champlain multiple times and I attended a summer camp there for cyber security (the camp was hosted by the professors who taught at the school). I stayed at the dorms there and the dorms are beautiful retrofitted victorian mansions, the campus is clean and beautiful, and Main Street is just a block away. The town is nicely sized and has everything you could ever imagine or need. They have the blue light system in regards of safety, the food is pretty good and there are plenty of clubs and student organizations.
Champlain College is a small community with big aspirations. Champlain constantly has events going on around campus so its really say to join the community. Their academics are what keep me at the s school due to their upside-down curriculum. The teachers want their students to succeed and students are not just a number in a classroom.
In some areas, Champlain Collge is amazing. For example, the major related classes are great and the way they prepare for the real world and industry you plan on going into is amazing. However, some aspects of the college need improvement. For example, the food, diversity, and core cirriculum.
All around I have loved my time at Champlain College. The campus sits in the beautiful Hill District of Burlington, VT. Champlain's unique approach to academics, places you in your major related courses on day one. The upside-down curriculum is great for those that know what they want to do, and helpful for those still deciding. Instead of declaring a major that you won't see until your final years, Champlain places you in classes to help you find the right fit. Not to mention the focus on community is another amazing aspect of the school. Your first year residence hall is a restored Victorian-Era mansion ranging from 14-60 students, when returning, you then move into a larger residence hall 50+. From Orientation to Graduation, the support of your peers, faculty & staff carries through.

Looking back on my decision to attend Champlain, I definitely would still choose Champlain.
Champlain is a great college that is very professionally focused. You start taking classes in your major from day 1.
I kinda wish the staff was more politically diverse as all of them seem to be to the left, and while that can be a good thing it really hinders dialog at times when a teacher ends up shaming a student due to their political stance.
I am currently a first-year at Champlain and I love it so far! One of the reasons I love it is the upside-down curriculum. As a game major, I had a class in my first semester that I was already making games in. I also love the college because it is so easy to get involved. I knew that I wanted to be involved in Esports and the management team found a role for me that fit my interests. So far my experience has been great! I have made so many amazing friends and I am excited for the next few years.
My college experience has been everything I expected it to be. One of the biggest draws for Champlain is the area that it's in. Burlington, Vt, is a college town and it's great in the way that it has lots of resources and there's always something to do. Champlain's upside-down curriculum helped me figure out what I wanted to do early on and because of the small campus, it's easy to get involved, get to know people, and gain leadership roles and experience.
I have really enjoyed my time here at Champlain so far. They were great with financial aid for me, and the classes are exactly what I wanted to take and will help me a lot in my future. The food isn't the best, but there's usually at least something to eat. Lots of different clubs here on campus.
Champlain College is phenomenal. Everyone there is so kind and including of others. I was nervous to start at Champlain, but my fears went away after the first week of classes. There are so many fun things to do on Campus like free Movie, Trampoline or Bowling night. Also the Professors see you as a person rather than just a number. They are invested in your success not only as a student, but as a person. I love Champlain and its a beautiful blue jewel tucked away in Burlington City , Vermont.
Start Your Review of Champlain College
Champlain College is a small campus with an excellent upside down curriculum and rad core class options. It could always be improved, but they listen to student input and are always striving for better.
I started here as a Computer Networking and Cybersecurity student and absolutely hated it, but because of the upside down curriculum, I was able to find that out during my first semester while taking major related classes. I was able to easily change my major after my first semester and now I am a Computer Science and Innovation major. I really like all of my professors and they do a great job of facilitating a good learning environment. However, I think Champlain has a LOT that they could do to improve the mental health awareness and environment on campus. The counseling center is in desperate need of an overhaul.
I have made many friends at Champlain College, have used the school's resources, and have taken advantage of its location in Burlington, Vermont. The school is really great at pointing students in the direction of obtaining a career after their 4 years at the college. Every year, there are career building requirements, career coaches you give aid in LinkedIn profiles and resumes, and internship opportunities. I feel on track to a successful career. Champlain also does a really good job at giving its students free ways to enjoy activities off campus, and the Student Activities board organizes things on campus for the students to enjoy. On the other hand, the food situation at Champlain is not the best, but has gotten better since I have started school here. There are also no "real" sports teams at the college except the rugby team.. so if you are looking for a pep rally type of place, this probably is not it. We do have club and intramural sports though!