Champlain College Reviews

Beautiful campus in a hidden gem of a town. Develop great relationships with your professors. The college gives a lot of real world opportunities, as well.
Though I do not attend Champlain, I did have the opportunity to tour there last week. From the start, I was put off as there was a large group of students (who ended up being our tour guides) talking loudly about how little effort teachers here put into their classes and how easy the workload is. I ignored these comments and entered their information session where I was almost immediately harassed by one of the admission counselors because I am from West Virginia. This was ironic, as much of the presentation was spent speaking highly about the diversity of their students. Several rude stereotypes were made about my family and I, which resulted in us leaving before the information session even ended. Needless to say, I will NOT be applying here, and I encourage anyone who is looking for a diverse, accepting college to look somewhere else.
Not a very diverse college. Very expensive. Limited majors offered. Only recommended if you are certain about what you want to do. There isn't much room to explore.
Review Champlain College
I love the opportunities that I have been given as a student at Champlain College. I have had first hand experience in the field since first semester of my freshman year and attribute my success in the Elementary Education field thus far to the combination of these field experiences and my coursework. I feel very safe on campus and the Burlington area. I would like more diversity in a student body but that often comes with a smaller school. Burlington is an amazing area, great for college students. I wish there were more sporting events at Champlain.
Wonderful school - it's easy to get to know your professors and they are very engaged and involved with students. My only major complaint is around housing for students who do not live close. The dorms close for all breaks (Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring breaks) so don't forget to add in the additional costs of flying back home if you don't live close. There are a few dorms that stay open but the school does NOT give priority to students who live far away. In my opinion if you are from the west coast you should get priority in these dorms - it's to far to fly home for Thanksgiving break! Also the dorm food is terrible! Champlain please do something about the awful dorm food!
Champlain is an amazing community. The school is pretty small so it's easy to get to know the people in your year. The classes are about as big as a high school class and it's really cool to get to know people in your classes. I think it's amazing that we get to start learning our major from the beginning of your first year. The school is extremely inclusive and diverse.
Champlain is definitely a school for certain crowds. If you're okay with that, you'll love the school. Major related classes are great, clubs are amazing because we get loads of funding, housing gets better the higher you are in years, and the city itself is wonderful. You don't feel trapped on campus and the people are extremely friendly all around.

Campus food is the only huge downside. You are required to have a meal plan if you live on campus (all freshmen and most lower class years), and it is expensive for what you get. The quality is poor in the main dining hall (required), so you are somewhat "forced" to venture out into the two other dining options (breakfast/ lunch only place or a very unhealthy place open until 11pm every night) or even get your own from supermarkets. If food was fixed, Champlain would be close to perfect.
No athletics and I didn't realize how much I missed sports until I attended this school. Most of the freshman housing is run don. Do not try to live in Sanders or North House. You will have to add 10 min walk to your schedule every time you need to get back to the dorm. Sophomore housing isn't bad but good luck getting it. Upperclassmen housing isn't even near campus, it's in the next town over. CPS cares too much about how much alc or drugs you have. The buildings are pretty, it's more like a neighborhood campus then a college campus. Also the hills are going to kill your legs. Burlington is beautiful, there's a clear view of the mountains in NY. There's a lot to do in the city, there's more to do in Burlington then there is to do on campus. The food gets old fast. Student life is very one sided, there's never really something for everyone. There's only video game clubs or drama clubs. Champlain is a great school for academics but other than that I'm considering transferring.
While choosing the right college for me to apply to, I decided to visit Champlain College to see if I could potentially apply. As a Vermont resident, Champlain College was one of my top choices because it is only a few minutes from my residency. During my research, I noticed that teachers care about students academics and are willing to take the time to give the student the necessary assistance.
I love the opportunity to take online classes. The classes are hard but the work is doable. The instructors are all positive and helpful.
I love Champlain. It is fun school with a great community. It is a business school, whether you're a business major or not you may feel like one at times.
The upside-down curriculum really gets you going during the first year. It helps you learn if your major is really right for you, and its easy to switch. The smaller sized campus helps you to feel at home - I never find myself in a room with no one I know. If there was anything I could change, it would be the fact the the campus is situated on an incline so that I have to daily walk uphill to my dorm.
I love all of my classes and professors.
Alot of businesses look for students from Champlain
It depends where you live. Some of the freshman dorms have been renovated and are nice, while others haven't.
We don't have greek life. If students want to attend parties they go to UVM which is just up the hill. They have greek life.
Champlain doesn't have any sports. We only have intramurals which are quite popular. We have a nice sized gym and fitness studio.
Review Champlain College
I have only been at Champlain for two semesters but I already feel like I am knowledgeable in my field of study. I have learned so much and feel incredibly confident in my abilities to go out into the real world and excel.
I find the TruEd Program to be great!
CPS, our campus security services are always around and have access to psychiatric professionals 24/7 if necessary.