Champlain College Reviews

Very great diversity and highly intelligent professors. The students here are kind and open minded. You can get into debates with any student and they will not get mad at you for having your own opinion. The classes are very fun and most teachers do not believe in testing which is really nice.
Would highly recommend Champlain College. I am a 100% online student so I am not speak on behalf of those that are on campus. Online instructors are very helpful. Tuition is very affordable if you are part of their TruED program. I am currently a senior and will be attaining a Masters in 2019 from Champlain as well.
great school, small classes. The professors are great easy to get to know. student life is as good as you make it. Not much for sports but UVM is next door
Dorms are really cool freshman year and beyond if you like dorms. I am in an apartment now. Thats more my style, but each their own
Start Your Review of Champlain College
The student health center is pretty awful. they don't seem like they know how to help someone who doesn't have a visible injury. The people there seem like they need to learn how to treat others and actually interact with people? of course it matters your experience, but through my own I give a warning of ignorance by a few teachers and students.
If you are thinking about coming to Champlain, you must understand what it is and what it is not. It was originally a business school. That coupled with the fact that it is a very small school overall makes for very small populations within majors. Most students are in some major related to gaming or information technology. So, if that is not your crowd, you may feel a bit out of place. All this aside, I have had some amazing COR teachers and Burlington is a wonderful place to be.
Burlington is a great college town. Saint Michaels and the University of Vermont are also in Burlington. Champlain college is a small school with an upside down curriculum. Classes are in small groups called round tables. Professors get to know all the students. Students can receive help from the resource center when needed. Internships with local businesses happen as soon as your sophomore year. A large percent of graduating seniors get jobs immediately following graduation. Champlain freshman live in Victorian mansions. The food is great and there are many clubs you can join. Ski passes to all the local mountains are sold at a huge discount. The town of Burlington is clean and very safe. Church street has many great restaurants and bars.
The community is very welcoming, you are bound to find friends that accept you for you, and the professors are always willing to help.
Champlain College is amazing! All of the instructors take time to help you if you are in need of it. They always answer any emails you provide them.
I love Champlain College. It is a great school and really feels like home. Once I stepped on campus for my first visit I fell in love. It is an amazing place with great people and wonderful academics. The upside-down curriculum is very interesting and helpful when choosing your major. The only down side is the lack of variety in food and dining hall times. I wish that they had more f a variety fr the pickier students like me and would stay open later and for longer hours on the weekend.
My experience with Champlain College has been most rewarding. The academics are challenging yet fun and apply to your specific major or interests. I would like to see the COR (general eds) be less of a role in the education as they are quite repetitive and surprisingly incredibly hard at times as well as more work than major classes most of the time. But overall I love the school and the community it's in.
I love the scenery of the surrounding area, and that it's so close to downtown Burlington. The only thing I would like to see change is more sports teams that can compete at the collegiate level - not just club teams.
Professors are very committed to your success and improvement. For media-related majors, Champlain is very good at finding industry professionals to pass on knowledge. Food is atrocious, though.
The atmosphere of Champlain College is so friendly, innovative, unique, and creative. I drove 12 hours and it was worth every second this is my dream college now I simply can't wait to start!
I've made a home for myself at Champlain. As a senior, I've spent my years meeting incredibly dedicated and passionate students and faculty, getting involved in various student leadership opportunities (there are so many ways to get involved!) and building my professional portfolio. Champlain's upside-down curriculum let me get right into my major my very first semester so I could determine whether or not I wanted to continue my career path. We've built ourselves a welcoming community on our tight-knit campus and with our small class sizes, every student has the opportunity to make a connection with each of their professors. I've loved going to Champlain and I'm a little sad that by the end of the spring semester, my time here will be over.
I'm very glad I made the choice to come to Champlain. When I was looking at some other schools across the country, I never felt any sense of community at any of those other schools. They were seemed so tightly wound that looking at Champlain was a breath of fresh air. I had someone once say to me that at Champlain, it's just the right size and friendly area that walking to class, you will see one person you know and can wave at, and one person who you've never met. Champlain is a prime example of a tight-knit community
Champlain College is a MUST to visit. The academics are amazing. My classes are small and have under 25 people in them. Because of that, my professors know my name and I have strong relationships with them. With the upside down curriculum, I have already taken nine classes that fit into my major as a second year. Student Life is constantly putting on events for all students to attend and they are always super fun. Living in Victorian mansions as a first-year really helped me build an awesome community in my hall, as well as on campus. The dining hall was just renovated and now offers more food options that are always delicious. Burlington is an amazing area with the amenities of a city and is very safe. Overall, I love Champlain College and it was a great choice to attend here.
As a senior at Champlain I've had four internships, spent a year abroad, held several leadership positions, and understand how to articulate all of these experiences into a professional resume and cover letter. Champlain makes it really easy for you to succeed as long as you put forth your best effort and professors and staff are always willing to help you out. If you want to attend a school that actually cares if you get a job after graduation, definitely give Champlain a visit!
Start Your Review of Champlain College
Champlain College is amazing. Let's start off with academics. All the professors know their students on a first name basis and are genuinely dedicated to teaching, making sure the students comprehend the content in the course, and helping students further their education.My first semester in my new major made me realize I had made the right choice for my career goals. The courses were exactly what I was looking for and we even got to work with real clients in the Burlington area. This brings me to my second point, job placement and connections. I know the reason I decided to go to college was to broaden my opportunity for employment. There are so many opportunities to network, get internships, or gain experience that will help you when looking for jobs post-graduation. My final point is the campus. Visiting Campus is a MUST! Burlington is the perfect setting for Campus, especially in the fall when the leaves change and it looks like an L.L.Bean catalog.
As a Game Design major, Champlain was the only real choice for me. All the other colleges that offered any type of game major were super broad and I didn't feel like I would actually learn what it meant to be a game designer. Champlain splits game development into the four separate categories, and I actually feel like I'm specializing in something. The classes are amazing, and all my professors are from the industry, so I know that I'm actually learning things right. I've also been encouraged to travel abroad to Montreal for a semester and I am so excited for it! I'll be able to have an industry internship while I take my classes up there, and all my professors have connections on top of connections for the industry. The food is good as far as college food goes, the only real downside is how crowded it gets. If you don't like what they serve there is always another place to get food on campus (which includes an Auntie Anne's!) I honestly love being here at Champlain.
I came into Champlain College as an undeclared freshman and my advisor worked closely with me to craft a class schedule that allowed me to test every major that I was interested in (which were all of them). Every one of my professors were genuinely interested in me and my studies. I have had 6 internships - the majority of which were brought to me by professors who thought I would fit well. This school is a tight-knit community where you actually know your peers and you can share a coffee with your professors. My on-campus job turned out to be a passion of mine - which I in-turn transformed into my minor all with the support of Champlain faculty. Our diversity on campus is low and our dining hall gets really crowded at lunchtimes. But all in all I love this school!!