1. Honolulu, HI
  2. 4 Year

Chaminade University of Honolulu Reviews

Professors know your name in a week due to small class size (average of 20 students per class. Very diverse students from all over the country and the faculty is really friendly and nice. The drop back is there are not many professors for one subject to pick from so sometimes you are stuck with one professor throughout the remaining of your college year.
Going to Chaminade University has been amazing so far. The diversity of students that attend this university makes the experience much more better. You get to know different ethnicities, other people's story(s), and how they got to where they are now. The thing about Chaminade that is amazing, is that you get that one-on-one opportunity with the professor; when you are struggling with a context, you can ask for help without disrupting the entire lecture. The Campus is such an amazing scenery, beside going up the hill, the campus captures such an landscape environment which displays not only nature, but also the urban parts of Honolulu. The area around Chaminade is perfect, it the right size; you have Subway, L&L, McDonalds, Taste Tea, Teaspresso, and many more places to go an eat. Also, you can catch a bus that goes to the famous hiking trail in Honolulu, Diamond Head. Since Chaminade is such a diverse school, the food that they serve must be diverse as well.
Well i did not start yet but I do work with a few chaminade graduates they are well educated and passionate to their patients. This is the kind of nurse I want to be!
I love the small school environment and how we are able to form connections with almost everyone on campus.
The class sizes are small, so it makes communicating with the professors a little easier. The campus has a beautiful view. Dorms are decent, could use a little upgrading. The campus is on a hill so its a workout going from the classrooms to the dorms.
Chaminade University provides a warm and friendly environment with professors and staff who are supportive of and responsive to their students. In terms of academics, my experience has been positive with good professors and curricula that educates and prepares students for their future careers.
Chaminade is a very reserved Univesity. The classes and professors are great. Some changes would be nice, such as more student involvement and activities on campus.
Amazing community and faculty. It's a calm campus that can be relaxing. The only downside is the limited courses students can choose from.
Because I haven't started classes yet, I can't give an accurate, honest perspective on the professors. However, my counselor is very helpful in aiding my online college journey. He responds to my emails in a timely manner, and answers my questions thoroughly and comprehensively.
I love the school I chose. Everything is great
We have good options for student jobs on campus
  • College Sophomore
  • Value
I feel pretty safe at night especially
I enjoy living on campus. Good community
  • College Sophomore
  • Housing
I am not very involved in sports
It's small class sizes and helpful professors help
All staff and student get emails when something is happening in the school so everyone knows what is happen. I think it's safe, but not everywhere is to safe. Just keep watch and know your surroundings.
You can find everything online and if you can you can always call them and they are more than happy to help.
  • College Student
  • Value
Dorms are wonderful. You can also get a town house or apartment. But traffic in Hawaii is bad.
I don't know much about clubs because I am an online student.
I haven't really attended or participated but it's good because it keeps the students active and a way for us to keep grades up because you need to have grade to play. I think soccer is the top sport at Chaminade.