Chaminade University of Honolulu Reviews

My experience so far has been very well. I've come across some very nice people and very knowledgable professors. However, I must admit it has been a journey transferring to this school. I highly do not recommend transferring to Chaminade if you are planning on graduating in exactly four years simply because not all of your credits are transferrable. But it is a very good school to attend from the beginning. Great academics, always have activities.
Chaminade University of Honolulu has small class, so you can get your questions answered. All faculty and staff is easily accessible, no waiting for an appointment to talk to a professor! Professors all come from unique backgrounds, and the students are there because they want to learn which makes any group projects actually fun.
I have just transferred to Chaminade from University of Hawaii at West Oahu and I love it! The teachers are very helpful, I have more class availability, and my program is almost all online! If I could change anything about the school it would probably just to have it be more affordable, it is the only thing rough about my school.
Start Your Review of Chaminade University of Honolulu
The college can be disorganized at times. The instructors have been hit or miss as far as class organization and quality of curriculum. The price to attend is high but they offer a great accelerated online program.
I'm in the graduate MSCP program at Chaminade and there is both lot's to like and lot's to be frustrated with at this university (would is the usual I think). First, the professors are either awesome or terrible with not much in between. Either the effort is there and they are passionate about what they are teaching or they basically show you videos all class and use textbook generated slides instead of taking the time to build their own. However all of the professors do have lived experience in the profession so that is extremely valuable in and of itself. This program is based around lived experience of the profession and not research.
I love that it is a small campus, beautiful and clean. The student to teacher ratio is low and the teachers are actual practitioners and very good instructors! The support from faculty and administration is awesome!
Chaminade University is a close knit community with diverse groups of people. The small college environment is helpful when communicating with staff and teachers. The campus is very small with not too much room to roam around, but it is beautiful.
The teachers are understanding and most make time to talk if you cannot visit during their office hours. The classes are on the smaller side so the teachers and students get to know each other better
I love the diverse and positive energy on campus! Professors are really helpful and our campus is sorrounded by good places to eat!
Chaminade is a great small college. If you're looking for a university with low student-to-teach ratios and hands-on learning, this is a university for you.
Going to a small school has its benefits but also has its curses. The benefit is, you'll get to know your classmates and professors pretty easily. When you're having a rough day, a lot of professors will notice and sometimes will reach out to you. The downside is that gossip spreads like wildfire and sometimes I feel like my classmates don't realize they aren't in high school anymore. There's absolutely no party scene here and if you don't live in any of the dorms, sometimes it's a little hard to socialize. The residential department (AKA ResLife) is insanely strict and if you aren't prepared for monthly roomchecks or security and/or RAs searching your rooms if they suspect something, don't dorm here. They will find any reason to charge you and fine your student billing account. The people here are nice depending on who you find yourself hanging out with. Overall, I would say my experience at Chaminade has been a 5.5/10.
So far my experience at Chaminade University has been quite eventful and most interesting. I have met so many new people, I live in a different environment, I am learning new things from different professors. Being surrounded by those who support me as well makes college all the better
The tuition may be high but its all worth it because Chaminade is where students find that they're more than just a number and the community that Chaminade creates for its faculty and students makes the experience at the school even better.
I really like how small Chaminade is. You can have a class with 12 people in it or 30 at the most. With small classes you can get to know everyone and will definitely be able to have one-on-ones with the professor if you need it. It is very diverse and has many cultural events to learn about the different cultures enrolled at the school. I did struggle with finances because it is an expensive school and an academic adviser informed me that I was on track to graduate early, but i went to another adviser and found out I was behind. Also had many problems with residential life so eventually I moved off-campus.
I love Chaminade! The teachers are amazing and always willing to work with the students. I love that the classrooms are kept small. I wish the tuition was more affordable.
Chaminade University is a great college with a large diversity of student bodies and professors. The campus is a very safe place to be with a variety of resources being offered to the students at Chaminade.
I love my school. There's many activities available for the students, and the people there are simply wonderful. The staff is great, and i enjoy meeting students from all over the world.
Start Your Review of Chaminade University of Honolulu
Chaminade is an amazing school. It's pretty small but because of that you get to meet a lot of people and you even get to know your professors really well. Only thing I don't like at chaminade is our tuition, coming from a family of six and having no money to spare for school makes it hard to pay for school even with scholarships. I would change it and make it more affordable for students who live on the island maybe have a instate tuition where it's free if you lived on the island for longer than five years. Over all chaminade is an amazing school and I had a great first year and I met a lot of people from around the states.
Chaminade University has definitely been my stability during a trying time. I'm active duty Army so a lot of times I get called on random missions and I need to leave Hawaii at a moments notice. Chaminade has been there to adhere my concerns and have worked with me every time and have afforded me the ability to make up the work.
Professors know your name in a week due to small class size (average of 20 students per class. Very diverse students from all over the country and the faculty is really friendly and nice. The drop back is there are not many professors for one subject to pick from so sometimes you are stuck with one professor throughout the remaining of your college year.