Chaminade University of Honolulu Reviews

Love being a student at Chaminade University! I'll be a sophomore this coming 2018 Fall semester so I am very excited to go back. Every single staff and/or worker that I have encountered were all friendly and very approachable. I feel so welcome on campus. The professors all seems like they know what they're doing and I can easily approach them when I want to, which is great. There are also amazing events on campus that all the students can enjoy!
Chaminade University of Honolulu is a safe, nurturing environment and the staff members are great. You will be surrounded by students who are also very helpful. I love that it is a small campus and the classes are easy to find. I also love the size of our classes, which allows for student and teacher interactions. Chaminade is a great institution that provides a lot of support for its students. I am in the science program, and it is very exceptional. They provide a lot of opportunities and are very encouraging with your goals and ambitions. However, I do wish it would be more affordable.
I enjoy the relatively small class sizes. However, it is difficult to register for classes every semester due to limited space and an overwhelming amount of students who have overlapping required courses.
Start Your Review of Chaminade University of Honolulu
Chaminade University of Honolulu is very involved in their student's lives. The small class sizes make it easy to get 1 on 1 learning with the professors. The only think that could change is the strict rules that the University promotes.
I received my Bachelor's Degree from Chaminade University in 2018. The teachers and staff always were helpful and easy to work with. I recommend this school.
The school is awesome and the professors work well with educating their students. The staff is very informative and are their for everyone at Chaminade. All the classes are well kept up and the school is very clean. They provide everything you need to make sure you are educated in whatever field you choose.
They believe in their students and go above and beyond to make sure they have everything they need and get the best education possible. They also offer buses for transportation to be able to go anywhere on the island at one cost and they offer scholarships to all their students.
My experience so far has been very well. I've come across some very nice people and very knowledgable professors. However, I must admit it has been a journey transferring to this school. I highly do not recommend transferring to Chaminade if you are planning on graduating in exactly four years simply because not all of your credits are transferrable. But it is a very good school to attend from the beginning. Great academics, always have activities.
Chaminade University of Honolulu has small class, so you can get your questions answered. All faculty and staff is easily accessible, no waiting for an appointment to talk to a professor! Professors all come from unique backgrounds, and the students are there because they want to learn which makes any group projects actually fun.
I have just transferred to Chaminade from University of Hawaii at West Oahu and I love it! The teachers are very helpful, I have more class availability, and my program is almost all online! If I could change anything about the school it would probably just to have it be more affordable, it is the only thing rough about my school.
The college can be disorganized at times. The instructors have been hit or miss as far as class organization and quality of curriculum. The price to attend is high but they offer a great accelerated online program.
I'm in the graduate MSCP program at Chaminade and there is both lot's to like and lot's to be frustrated with at this university (would is the usual I think). First, the professors are either awesome or terrible with not much in between. Either the effort is there and they are passionate about what they are teaching or they basically show you videos all class and use textbook generated slides instead of taking the time to build their own. However all of the professors do have lived experience in the profession so that is extremely valuable in and of itself. This program is based around lived experience of the profession and not research.
I love that it is a small campus, beautiful and clean. The student to teacher ratio is low and the teachers are actual practitioners and very good instructors! The support from faculty and administration is awesome!
Chaminade University is a close knit community with diverse groups of people. The small college environment is helpful when communicating with staff and teachers. The campus is very small with not too much room to roam around, but it is beautiful.
The teachers are understanding and most make time to talk if you cannot visit during their office hours. The classes are on the smaller side so the teachers and students get to know each other better
I love the diverse and positive energy on campus! Professors are really helpful and our campus is sorrounded by good places to eat!
Chaminade is a great small college. If you're looking for a university with low student-to-teach ratios and hands-on learning, this is a university for you.
Going to a small school has its benefits but also has its curses. The benefit is, you'll get to know your classmates and professors pretty easily. When you're having a rough day, a lot of professors will notice and sometimes will reach out to you. The downside is that gossip spreads like wildfire and sometimes I feel like my classmates don't realize they aren't in high school anymore. There's absolutely no party scene here and if you don't live in any of the dorms, sometimes it's a little hard to socialize. The residential department (AKA ResLife) is insanely strict and if you aren't prepared for monthly roomchecks or security and/or RAs searching your rooms if they suspect something, don't dorm here. They will find any reason to charge you and fine your student billing account. The people here are nice depending on who you find yourself hanging out with. Overall, I would say my experience at Chaminade has been a 5.5/10.
Start Your Review of Chaminade University of Honolulu
So far my experience at Chaminade University has been quite eventful and most interesting. I have met so many new people, I live in a different environment, I am learning new things from different professors. Being surrounded by those who support me as well makes college all the better
The tuition may be high but its all worth it because Chaminade is where students find that they're more than just a number and the community that Chaminade creates for its faculty and students makes the experience at the school even better.
I really like how small Chaminade is. You can have a class with 12 people in it or 30 at the most. With small classes you can get to know everyone and will definitely be able to have one-on-ones with the professor if you need it. It is very diverse and has many cultural events to learn about the different cultures enrolled at the school. I did struggle with finances because it is an expensive school and an academic adviser informed me that I was on track to graduate early, but i went to another adviser and found out I was behind. Also had many problems with residential life so eventually I moved off-campus.