Chadron State College Reviews

Like the small campus and the professors are great! They are very helpful when you have questions or need guidance.
Chadron State is a great place for those who like the small town atmosphere along with always something to do on campus. People are friendly and always treat you like family. Professors care about the students and are always available to students if they ask for help. Loved my experience on campus and online classes are just as great.
So far I have had a good experience here at Chadron State College. So far I have straight A's, which is something I haven't accomplished in quite some time, so gotta give credit to the professors here on campus. One of my complaints about this campus is how they influence the students here to become comfortable, which is why I constantly here about people procrastinating and instead of going to college to challenge their lifestyle, they keep their old ways by dating people back home. I would like if the college at least influenced some sense of urgency. I do like some of the programs the residence advisers plan, as they get a lot of people together and always result in a fun time.
Review Your College
The school is a very good program for science majors and has been very challenging in that field which will make me prepared. What i do not like however, is that the school is very old and is not very accommodating. It is very political here and does not have the warmth or service like my old college.
One of my family members had gone to college there so I was also thinking about it, but then he told me he only stayed because he played basketball for four years. I do not play basketball. He told me it was not all that great so that changed my perspective about going there.
I have enjoyed all of my courses and professors.
They have good programs to get us ready later.
  • 6 months ago
  • Value
The health and safety here on campus is good.
For what I am paying, I'd rather live off campus.
  • 6 months ago
  • Housing
I have no opinion on the whole Greek thing.
I came here to get an education, not to do sports.
So far so good, but financial stress is annoying.
My professors are the best. I only have three and I've heard many horror stories about other professors on campus, but mine have only been good. They all seem to know what they're talking about and seem relatively happy each class period which is nice. They're all very animated and easy to listen to.
Everything here is dealable but still below average. My roommates bed is so close to mine I can touch her from my bed without even stretching my arm all the way out. Her bed also rocks looks like it will fall apart and maintenance still hasn't come to fix it even though we've asked multiple times.
  • 7 months ago
  • Housing
The athletic facility here kills. The hours are incredibly wonky. I like to workout at night but I can't do that because it closes at seven. Also, they have a totally separate gym for athletes, that regular students can't use. We have to share the gym with all the people in town. The gym here was a huge letdown.
Overall I know I'm not staying past this first year, maybe not even past the first semester. I can definitely see the appeal of Chadron, it is by no means a crappy school. It just really isn't the school for me. There isn't much to do and I get quite bored quite often.
There is always a security office at night to walk you back to dorms if you need it.
Review Your College
The dorms are very old at Chadron State but are clean and up to date with wifi and spaceous
  • 7 months ago
  • Housing
I don't know much about the Greek Life not interested in it
There is great support for are school sports.