Cerro Coso Community College Reviews

A very typical 2 year school. There is no on campus housing, nor is there much of a student life. There is a student commons area that is comfortable enough. Food options are limited to an overpriced cafe, or snack foods from vending machines or the book store.

Most professors are very good, however there are a number of unprofessional professors who seek to push their views and beliefs onto students, or who seek to have a social relationship with their students. Could do without this.
I really liked my experience here. Like with any school, do your research when signing up for classes and teachers. I had a friend who did not have a good experience setting up a long term plan. The counselor I had was amazing, but I was sad that the counselor my friend had was not able to help him.
I really enjoyed how the staff is heavily invested in your success. I also appreciate how there are many resources available to the students.
Start Your Review of Cerro Coso Community College
I actually go to the Bishop Campus but I like it. They have a nice staff that actually helps you with your work. The counselors are available at specific times of the day which isn't so bad but can be difficult. The food is different from usual colleges because they only have a vending machine until 4:00 which is when a local cafe comes in to sell their food. When it comes to the location, it is very beautiful because it is out in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by nothing but desert hills. The background also has amazing mountains that are usually covered with snow and shows the best sunsets. One problem with the campus however is that because it is in the middle of nowhere, sometimes it is hard to get to but they do give you passes so you can take a bus up there which isn't so bad. Overall, the Cerro Coso in Bishop is actually a very nice school and it is very helpful. There are a few things they could change like maybe giving out more food but in general, it is a good school.
I grew up in the area. Cerro coso is a small community college. Because it is small, professors can actually take the time to engage one on one with students. I loved this college and its very affordable.
Cerro Coso has taught me that as an adult, you cannot blindly rely on other people to do their job. Most counselors are great, but they are not the experts on the available majors that you need them to be. You must be your own counselor and use them to double check your work. The scheduling process is overly complicated; many classes offered on one to two year rotations, which I imagine is the main reason why most students do not graduate in the "guaranteed" two years. One professor said the average student is stuck here five years. Personally, Coso failed to offer a class required for my degree. I found the class online at another college, and I'm still getting over administration telling me to schmooze the professor to teach the class to compensate for Coso’s failure to follow through on both their academic guarantees and scheduling patterns. However, the professors, honors program, and clubs are amazing. If you go here, bear in mind you must stay on top of everything!
Interactions with faculty and counseling is more intimate than other colleges which is helpful if I need to meet face-to-face with someone. There should be more emphasis on student services and transfer opportunities.
Love all the online courses! Would recommend to all friends and family members looking to do school from home or continue there education.
Overall, Cerro Coso was a good school and gave me a chance to continue my education at a cheaper price. They have many great programs and classes which is always a great thing, to have different options. One thing I would change about Cerro Coso would be their counseling center. Everyone who attends school here knows they have to be their own counselor because they do not pay attention up there and there are many mess ups. Many students do not graduate in the two years they planned on because of the counselors which is very sad, I'm thankful I was not a victim to that. Overall, my personal experience was good and I avoided the counseling and became my own which helped me become more independent and look out for my education more.
Cerro Coso is the local community college where I live. I am a single mom and their counselors and access programs employees have helped me get on track with grants and scholarships and really helped me a lot.
Depending on if you want to start your college career this is a nice small community college that will get you started. Or if you know what you want to major in the counselors are willing to help you get on the right track to succeeding.
I feel Cerro Coso offers wonderful online classes. It has been a very wonderful transaction, going back to school, after all these years. Everyone is wonderfully helpful. I can not say enough about how nice and helpful the staff has been.
As an online student, I feel like the staff is easy to contact and takes the time to help students solve problems. From admissions and records to financial aid, all staff I have interacted with always helps me get to the bottom of things and follows through with any concerns that arise in order to help make students' college experience easier and better.
I would like it to be a bit more military friendly.
I've had a great experience at Cerro Coso thus far. I attend the campus in the Kern River Valley which is a small area so the campus is very small, but has everything that you need. All professors that I have had in person have been very good and thorough, but I do take a lot of online classes. Most of my experiences have been good regarding that as well, there were only two classes that I thought the professor wasn't entirely fair or great at teaching. But other than that everything else has been good.
Cerro Coso Community College has one of the most friendly and caring atmospheres that I have ever that the pleasure of experiencing. The campus looks nice and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The professors at this school are extremely nice and willing to work with students in order to help them succeed. There are also many different clubs and activities for students to partake in. Personally, the financial department has been the most helpful and kind to me. I have enjoyed my time already spent here and I look forward to the years I have to come. The college and people at the college are incredible and beneficial to academic success.
Cerro coso is a great college to receive you academics from,the professors are wonderful as well as resources the school connects you to all together. I really appreciate and am going to continue my career though this college.
Cerro Coso Community College has many different campuses. I am currently at the KRV (Kern River Valley) campus and I love love love being here. It's a smaller campus and this allows for the professors to work with students more of a one on one atmosphere. There are tons of opportunities and services available to all students and I give this college 5 stars! I would give more if I could.
Start Your Review of Cerro Coso Community College
The professors are tough, but they know what they are doing. They are strict, they have high expectations and they are punctual. I am so happy that I had the opportunity to go here. I am actually continuing my education by taking some classes this Fall, and I am excited to do so.

The teachers teach well, and you leave the class knowing what you need to know, and ready for the next step in your education.
I have loved attending here. I can't wait until construction is done though! The professors are awesome and so eager to help students achieve.
I have enjoyed it greatly. The professors are very helpful and great to work with. It has one of the best libraries I have seen in the whole area. The staff if very helpful. They want every student to graduate with top honors.