Cerritos College Reviews

1,071 reviews
My overall experience at Cerritos College was great! I enjoyed my years there and I appreciated all the helpful resources Cerritos had to offer. Once I discovered my major and got to know the professors in my field things became a lot more clear. Professors and counselors helped make sure I was on the right track to complete my associates degree to transfer and offered assistance. The campus is under construction but still taken care of and the diversity in students is great!
I love this college they are so helpful when I first started I was clueless I dint know were would I start off and I enrolled to Cerritos college and they helped me right away from getting the correct classes to getting financial help its so informative and they always are polite when I am asking a question there classes don't get so full and its a pleasure attending that college.
I attended this community college in order to learn American Sign Language (ASL) because my high school didn't offer it. The professors I had were all deaf and very kind- they made learning ASL so much fun and I truly enjoyed my time there. The students were welcoming and we often went to the language lab to work on our lab hours and practice our ASL together. Everyone there is very warm and the admissions office is very understanding. They try their best to fit to your needs, even if they are busy.
Start Your Review of Cerritos College
Cerritos college is a great school to pursue higher education. This school has great counselors who will guide you and make a plan for you to succeed and finish your two years on time. They motivate you to pass your classes and never give up.
its cool there. everyone is doing their own thing. Professors are mice and some are very good when teaching and also their personalities. Classes are easy. The campus is being remodeled so that's a good things, the school is looking nicer and students like to hangout there. The safety is getting better. There is school security everywhere making sure everything good. The parking is always full. You need some time before your class starts to find parking. It would be best to go to this school if you have a sport in mind you would want to play. Athletics help you a a lot in helping you finish school faster and make new friends. People in offices suck and are very stuckup. i know it aint highschool. but going to college takes alot, it would be good if they showed us students more attention and help.
The staff and counselors are very friendly helping incoming freshman find future classes and set them off right with programs and courses that help guide the students onto bright futures. Their campus is kept very lively and clean.
I would like there to be more upper-division physics classes because the biggest setbacks for stem students is the inability to get into the physics class they may need.
I haven't been on campus myself ,but i do hear a lot of friends that attend this college. I am very well interested into this college because it offers my major that i am planning on majoring in. I am interested in majoring in engineering technology.
Easy to get help, even living long distance. I do online classes, and i've never had an issue contacting the school/instructor.
The school seems a bit outdated and is very small. However, the professors and counselors are very experienced and genuinely want to see you succeed.
Every Professor I had was willing to help me advance in their class and work with me. The child development program is amazing. The transfer center was a big help with the whole process.
I have been a student at Cerritos College for about a year and a half, and as a first time generation college student I cannot emphasize how much im happy to a part of this community. For a community college in the city of Norwalk, it has a great renovated campus area with several different programs/classes to offer. Whether you are interested in completing a two year assoicate degree or transfering to a univeristy later on, Cerritos has multiple consuelors and staff to assist you and wonderful professors to guide you in choosing your future career.
What I like about Cerritos College is how they are willing to help anyone who want to transfer to the university they like and who want to get their associate's. What I would like to see change about Cerritos College is they really should have more film classes and more film professors since I am a film major and I find it a bit disappointing that there is not much of a huge focus on the film department compared to other departments for other majors. I also find it a bit disappointing how there are not that many film majors attending at Cerritos since they do have such a good film program despite what I just said about how there is not a big focus on film.
You can find teachers that are open minded, highly educated and totally inspirational. It's very important that you choose the teachers based on their education and other's comments; not on how easy they are.
i am still enrolled in cerritos and i believe it was best decision i made since all the classes get you read to transfer and also get you reader for your career choice
It is a very friendly and calm learning environment! There are many helpful resources like EOPS, Math and English tutor labs, computer labs, and a lot of friendly staff; There are many places to go study around campus and good food choices on and around campus also! Really enjoyed my time here!
Before I went to Cerritos College, I heard nothing but bad things. However, it is quite the opposite. I have enjoyed my time at Cerritos college and most of the professors and faculty there are amazingly helpful and care about you succeeding. One thing I do dislike about Cerritos College is that parking is hard to find since the school is packed with students, but it is not a big deal. Also, some classes get waitlisted quickly that I believe they should offer more of these classes that get waitlisted so that they don't hinder student success or the time they need for transferring.
Start Your Review of Cerritos College
It's a good college with a lot of great and kind staff members who do care, but you have to do the research and find those out for yourself. Unfortunately, these resources are hard to find if you aren't on campus for long periods of time. In addition, some classes may cancel and be prepared to only have a few units per semester if you don't have priority registration. A great college if you have flexible lifestyle.
Overall the campus is great. There’s a few amount of teachers that are successful with teaching new material and most others that make it difficult.
Good size campus, many different class options, great programs and tons of student resources and free as well.