Centre College Reviews

Graduation in four years,a study abroad, an internship or research opportunity .Average of 97 percent of students employed or pursuing advanced study within a year of graduation. 85 percent study abroad, 87 percent participate in an internship and or undergraduate research. Since 2001, its all been part of what they call the centre commitment. Students at centre collge aim to make a meaningful impact for good and they do so in high numbers in an increasingly global way. They have an awesome art exhibit and theatrical way of life! Junior, senior housing are large and inviting .They have wonderful variety of food favorites. Close community and health care on campus. A commitment, guaranteed.
It’s not a school for everyone, but if you’re looking for a small school experience where you can form intimate relationships with your professors and fellow students, then there’s no better place.
It has an extremely racist environment. By racist I do not mean explicit aggression on non-white group, although they do exist widely under the surface on campus, I mean implicit bias and stereotypes. It is a disgusting environment to be in for four years, I regretted every day that I choose this school. They made you take those humanity courses your freshman year, and many meaningless, stupid gen-ed, so that you won't have enough credit to transfer to other school.
Professors are stupid and arrogant. My professor don't even know the formula of adding a series of consequential number is N(N+1)/2, and hated me because I pointed that his answer is N(N-1)/2 in class, and gave me unexcused absence when I did not arrive in the classroom early, which heavily affected my grade.
Centre College is a hell, it is terrible.
Start Your Review of Centre College
Study abroad programs and faculty are great. Admin does not care about students. Rampant racism and allowance of sexual assault. Dorms falling apart.
If I could transfer I would. Centre College makes it so you can’t transfer after the first year unless you are okay with starting over. Would not recommend this college to anyone.
Centre College is the best decision I have made to date. With a family-like community with students and professors, as well as world class academics, you can't beat it.
Centre College, being a small campus, offers a friendly atmosphere and personal connections with other students and professors. The classes are challenging, but you will find more than enough resources and support to ensure your success. Centre also offers a myriad of extracurricular and service opportunities, and if something doesn't fit your interest, pursuing your own ideas is highly encouraged!
I'm really liking my first year at Centre! It is for sure the most challenging school in Kentucky, but it's also SO MUCH FUN! I love the academics and professors but I also really like the "work hard play hard" attitude that we have here
It was a really great school and i wouldnt have traded my experience for the world, but a lot of the students are all kind of the same people. The lack of diversity was really dissappointing.
Centre is one of the best small colleges in the South. It is reknowned for the study abroad program which is boasted as the #1 study abroad program amidst colleges in the United States. The professors are driven to give every student individual attention and would love to give assistance on any issue. Relationships with teachers transcend much more than just the classroom, and they can become valuable mentors and friends as one makes their journey through Centre. Food is mediocre and the local area is a nice quiet town but there isn't much to see other than that. Regardless, Centre is a great place to study, make connections, and to solidify your career in.
It's been awesome! I would recommend. Well-known Kentucky school. I have fun, I'm just not a party person. 4.0s are highly unlikely.
I am current senior at Centre College. I have absolutely loved my experience at Centre. Although it does feel small at times you can truly build relations with a variety of people and professors.
Centre College has provided me with many opportunities to expand my learning such as summer research experience and presenting at the Kentucky Academy of Science. The professors encourage students to do their best, be their best, with no regrets.
An incredible institution. If you work hard and invest yourself for all four years, you're guaranteed to set yourself up for a successful future. People that come to Centre and do not take their academic life seriously will very quickly fall behind and fail, which is easier to do than you think because of the great student life.
Centre College is awesome. I am so glad I chose to go here. First, a couple negatives: 1) diversity is low. Lots of people from Kentucky, fewer people from out of state 2) Danville is tiny. Not much to do off campus, although there are decent hiking opportunities. A few positives: 1) for a small liberal arts college, the education is excellent. The faculty, all very experienced in their fields (I have yet to have a professor who isn't a doctor. My German teacher lives in Germany periodically, my Chemistry teacher came straight from the industry. Very practical knowledge and connections, even at a general chemistry level) are very accessible and helpful. 2) The community is so, so amazing. Everyone wants to be here and enjoys it, which makes all the difference.
Amazing! The teachers are wonderful, the people are so nice, and everything on campus is very clean and pretty. The food is also great except for on the weekends.
i always feel safe here and have never had an issue.
Start Your Review of Centre College
Freshman dorms are pretty small and dingy. But it's okay, because it kind of encourages people to get out and do stuff.
There aren't any huge barriers between these two groups, but non-greeks do appreciate and acknowlege greek activities, like community service stuff.
i'm only personally involved in club athletics (ultimate frisbee), and that has been great. Varsity sports don't dominate life here but are a big part of the experience for many students.