Central Washington University Reviews

1,303 reviews
At Central Washington University you are opened to many different cultures and people. My teachers have shown that they care about my learning. They make sure to not only praise those who are doing well but also look for those falling behind and help them catch up. Although the environment is very caring and free, they still expect you to be an adult and act like on too. This means we still are treated as adults and are given responsibilities.
Central seems to be a great university so far! I enjoy the education I am currently getting there now and I hope that it doesn't change in a negative way.
This is my first year at Central after transferring from another out of state university. So far I am not very impressed at the level of the academics here. The community is also very small and not very interesting.
Review Central Washington University
Some things I enjoy about Central Washington University is the way people view the town and where the campus is located. I like how its not a big town and its not a big school for parties. Something I do not like about Central Washington University is how though it is small, everyone knows each others business.
My Central Washington University experience has been great! The staff are great people who help out whenever you're in need of it. The professors are also great who get the material across in an understandable manner. They're are quick to respond to your emails and to find them in their office hours for extra help. All resources are easy to access around campus. They're are many programs to help out students whether they are first year or senior students. Central Washington continues to grow and I continue to having a great experience with this University.
I'm just starting here but the transition into going to Central has been great! I have had numerous admissions counselors call me and I have been emailed by 2 other counselors. I have been helped greatly getting into this college. It looks like a great start for me.
I liked them at first, but I did not feel welcome. I was constantly judged, and felt like I was not good enough to attend the school.
Its a great University with a great community. there are a good amount of programs offered, with satellite campuses, in case you aren't able to move and go to the campus in Ellensburg.
What I love about Central Washington University, is the town. It is for sure a college town, almost every business is decorated with central stuff and many places give student discounts. The town of Ellensburg also throws events for Central students, like Bite of the Burg; where local restaurants businesses give out free food and free samples of their products.
CWU has diversity and friendly staff, and I have yet to take a boring class. The prices are affordable for a University, and the class variety is worth it all.
Central if over all a great college campus. Whether it be the area, food, or dorms, everything is super nice and fits everyone's needs. The schooling are also another great part of the school.
I have been a student at CWU for 3 years now, and just today I tried to buy a donut at the C-store. They were out of donuts and I find this to be an abomination.
Central Washington University is an amazing college. The students are all committed to education and experiencing an intriguing 4 years or more with the help of the great staff. Completing an education at this school is the best way to earn and degree and feel right at home. Not only is the education and courses fantastic, the campus and atmosphere are outstanding. We are surrounded by a great town, Ellensburg, as a loving community of families and college students, we have created a friendly environment.
I visited Central Washington university this summer, and loved it. The school has a wide range of academic classes, and they take pride in that. the schools campus is amazing.
Central Washington University is full of many positive aspects. This school is beautifully laid out to support your academic success with many different buildings to support studying and homework. For example, the SURC, has everything you possibly need throughout your long busy day. From a quick coffee break to a quite area to focus, this building was made for the students. Central Washington University's classes are structured to meed the students needs. With an average of 35 students per class, the professors and students really get the chance to get to know each other and build relationships. This is my 2nd year at this school and I am very satisfied with the faculty and the diverse student population.
I think this an excellent school with a great staff! It is not too big nor too small, friendly people, and just great service overall.
Central Washington University holds itself high on the ability to make each and every individual Welcome. As a new student, I felt this was especially true. Making friends was hard for me, but I never felt out of place. All of the professors are kind, and will do anything they can to help you if you're struggling. The stuff are equally supportive, always cheerful. The students are welcoming, Ellensburg feels like home.
Review Central Washington University
I love central! I am a resident assistant and have learned lots through my job. I really enjoy the environment and how the teachers are so willing to to help out when asked. The only thing i would like to see changed is the amount of food choices. I want to see options for people when eat differently of have restrictions. I would not want to change schools because I have created my own family with the amount of friends I have made.
My experience wit Central Washington University has been really good. I am a first year student and fell in love right away. Everyone is very nice and welcoming. The teachers care about their students and want them to succeed. The University also wants students to enjoy their time here, so they host different kinds of activities throughout the year that are fun, educational, helpful for the community, and gets them more involved with their piers. I wouldn't change anything about Central Washington University, it is perfect as it is.
Fantastic teachers. Good professor student ration. Strong on teaching teachers, creative career choices. Beautiful campus, easy to get around, small college town.