Central Washington University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
- Compare up to 10 private loan options from our network of lenders
- Find the best loan for your budget today
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.103 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.106 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.106 responses
Most Popular Majors
Business Administration and Management198 Graduates
Criminal Justice and Safety Studies197 Graduates
Elementary Education161 Graduates
Social Sciences144 Graduates
Logistics and Supply Chain Management123 Graduates
Public Relations64 Graduates
Undergrads Over 25
What one word or phrase best describes the typical student at this school?
Based on 63 responsesReport
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say they don't have Greek life.95 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.131 responses
What one word or phrase best describes your school?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.71 responses
Central Washington University Reviews
What I loved about Central Washington University the most is that our campus is very focused on making Central feel like home and that everybody deserves to be treated with the same respect despite color, creed, religion or sexual orientation. Everybody has a place where they can fit in while also getting along with others who are different from them. Our campus is also very active! Something is always going on somewhere. Central really pushes for a 4 year graduation but also encourages you to move at your own pace while enjoying college while you can.
Central is an amazing school! So far, I've only been attending for two quarters but all the professors are amazing! They teach very well and are always willing to help out with anything! Central and the local town of Ellensburg are always coming together to get all the students, as well as the community together in local events and on campus gatherings, such as the Ellensburg rodeo and the various holiday dinners hosted in the SURC cafeteria. Diversity is also celebrated widely here. We have a diversity club that almost every week puts on a show/ skit or puts on an event. Just last week they put together a flash mob in the student recreation center. The diversity club as well as many other students preformed the song and dance "We're all in this together" from high school musical to welcome everyone to our school.
What I really like about CWU is that it's a really nice environment and it makes you feel welcome and at home once you, for example, take a tour on campus or go through the events of the first 5 days here after moving in. It's also a very diverse and a very spirited university, everyone is really spirited even the upperclassmen here. College is hard but it's also fun and interesting and you get to explore around your majors and academics and go to events, see your interests in clubs, etc. I hope whoever reads this has the time to go through a tour here at Central and hopefully feels determined to come here and enjoy the excitement this university shows proudly. If not, it's okay!