Central Ohio Technical College Reviews

Friendly environment and tight knit community. Programs are good. Would like to see more organization but not bad as is.
I would like Pataskala location had more to offer. You use to have it that you can sign up for tutoring before the class started but this semester it was like that. I love Cotc. and I would recommend this school to anyone.
Love the atmosphere, and friendly staff. Everyone is here to help you. Campus is absolutely beautiful!
Start Your Review of Central Ohio Technical College
I like the atmosphere of COTC. Most classes that I have been involved in are small enough to actively engage an instructor in your learning process. Like most Technical colleges you may find transferring credits outside of the small percentage of local colleges that COTC has agreements with might be difficult. Research this before committing to a COTC program, it may not fit well.
This college is more expensive than other community colleges. The nursing clinical sites are far away from the Columbus area and are a lower ranked hospitals than other community colleges. They do offer numerous enrollment deadlines which is nice and they also have partnerships with several four year institutes which is convenient.
This is my 4th semester with COTC as a CCP student (I'm a high schooler taking college classes). Some things I like about the college are:
- It's small; takes about 8 minutes to walk from one side to the other.
- It has a library, a rec center and gym, a cafe, counselors, tutors, and free-to-use piano/computer labs.
- The campus is kept up well and easy to navigate.
- The potential graduate salary average is high.
- They have a fair amount of online classes.
Some things I don't like:
- You never know what kind of instructor you will get. Chill, strict, young, old, mean, nice, approachable, unapproachable, etc, and they all have different ways of running their class. They also hire a lot of foreign instructors, some of which are quite hard to understand.
- Few opportunities for athletes.
- Student services is very slow. Unless you personally schedule a meeting with your advisor to ask a question, don't expect them to "get back to you" until at least a week later.
The professors were all very nice and easy to work with but I feel as if the classes did not prepare me for my field.
Central Ohio Technical College is a great school with awesome professors and administrators who help every step of the way!
I like how my teachers are currently in the field in which they teach. I am in the Digital Media Design Program. My photography teacher is currently a professional photographer who does weddings and senior pictures. My web teacher is a programmer who does websites for companies. My typography teacher used to work at a print shop. My design teacher led a group who did a project.
My online nutrition instructor was unable to answer some questions and required time (usually too long to be of benefit) to look up answers.
No problems at all transferring credit.
Class sizes are good, but there's room for improvement with some of the professors.
For my first semester, the general advisors didn't suggest I take a certain class that was a prerequisite for my nursing program, thus delaying my application for a semester. I felt frustrated.
The nursing instructors I've experience so far are stellar!
While most of my instructors at COTC have been good, there are some problems. My A&P I instructor lived to make everything as difficult as possible for students. My microbiology instructor's undergrad degree is in philosophy and her graduate degree is in ecology. She's breathtakingly boring and probably not the best choice to teach microbiology.
They have great flexible hours and I have not had any hassles or frustrations except learning algebra.
Did not take any online courses.
Start Your Review of Central Ohio Technical College
This is a great college to attend for any age.
I have never taken algebra before and it has been rough, however, my professors are awesome and willing to work with me, which is a great help. Some classes are crowed, while others are small. Evening classes are not as full as daytime classes, which I enjoy smaller classes.
Career prospects and a degree are very promising at this college (COTC). They have job fairs, jobs, and internships availability.