Central Ohio Technical College Reviews

Central Ohio Technical College is a wonderful school that is very diverse and always willing to help in any way they can when a student needs it. They are willing to work with you no matter what type of issue you may have. It is also very conveniently located for all of the surrounding cities.
I have really enjoyed my time so far at COTC. I started Spring of 2017. I am studying to get a associates degree in Applied Science for Human Services. I love how you are able to chose to take classes online or in class. That really helps being able to take more classes at a time. This is my second time around with college. I am 50 years old. I also like how it is such a diversity college with young and older students. I also enjoy my professors. They are all very professional and helpful and are they when ever you need them.
I really enjoy central Ohio Tech college because of the diversity and the education is very high quality. I really think students enjoy the campus life because it has a great atmosphere and clean environment, love the people and the teachers too.
Start Your Review of Central Ohio Technical College
COTC is fairly well priced, be wary of whether the degree you seek is useful. Some degrees are outdated or too vague to be effective in real life. COTC regularly gets top marks for medical and public safety degrees thou some of the sideline degrees in these departments need to be updated or cancelled. As with anything in life do your homework. Campus is remote, driving is a must, parking is free but not plentiful. Be prepared to not park near class, no point on campus is more than half a mile from anywhere else walking.
I love the teacher interaction with the students. The teachers are very willing to help you succeed and graduate. This college has many very helpful resources for all students in different areas. I am very thankful to be at a school that wants every student to pass and succeed.
I decided to return to COTC in 2012 to get my associates in Human Services . I was 47 years old - with health problems. But I knew I had to do more with my life! I studied hard, I was determined to graduate with good grades. I graduated 2014, Phi Thata kappa - with a 3.7 gpa. After much discussion with my husband , I decided I wanted to come back to school and get my RN. My father passed away in 2016 , of stage 4 colon cancer, progression to liver and lungs. I held his hands last week of his life! At that point, I was angry when he passed away! But on the Anniversary of his passing 5/10/17 . I decided I needed to go back and get my RN. License, why ? Because everyone needs their hands held during the last days! Everyone needs someone to care, and be there! I am that person. My compassion and love for people- rewards me . Patients smiles is the best feeling in the world .
The beginning part of my degree was great but after we lost our head of IT things seemed to quickly go bad as they were unprepared for this
the people here are really nice and want to see you make it and are helpful. it seems like a lot at first but they are willing to work with you and willing to answer any questions that may come about. this is my first year here and I'm excited to see how the teaching style is with the teachers.
Friendly environment and tight knit community. Programs are good. Would like to see more organization but not bad as is.
I would like Pataskala location had more to offer. You use to have it that you can sign up for tutoring before the class started but this semester it was like that. I love Cotc. and I would recommend this school to anyone.
Love the atmosphere, and friendly staff. Everyone is here to help you. Campus is absolutely beautiful!
I like the atmosphere of COTC. Most classes that I have been involved in are small enough to actively engage an instructor in your learning process. Like most Technical colleges you may find transferring credits outside of the small percentage of local colleges that COTC has agreements with might be difficult. Research this before committing to a COTC program, it may not fit well.
This college is more expensive than other community colleges. The nursing clinical sites are far away from the Columbus area and are a lower ranked hospitals than other community colleges. They do offer numerous enrollment deadlines which is nice and they also have partnerships with several four year institutes which is convenient.
This is my 4th semester with COTC as a CCP student (I'm a high schooler taking college classes). Some things I like about the college are:
- It's small; takes about 8 minutes to walk from one side to the other.
- It has a library, a rec center and gym, a cafe, counselors, tutors, and free-to-use piano/computer labs.
- The campus is kept up well and easy to navigate.
- The potential graduate salary average is high.
- They have a fair amount of online classes.
Some things I don't like:
- You never know what kind of instructor you will get. Chill, strict, young, old, mean, nice, approachable, unapproachable, etc, and they all have different ways of running their class. They also hire a lot of foreign instructors, some of which are quite hard to understand.
- Few opportunities for athletes.
- Student services is very slow. Unless you personally schedule a meeting with your advisor to ask a question, don't expect them to "get back to you" until at least a week later.
The professors were all very nice and easy to work with but I feel as if the classes did not prepare me for my field.
Central Ohio Technical College is a great school with awesome professors and administrators who help every step of the way!
I like how my teachers are currently in the field in which they teach. I am in the Digital Media Design Program. My photography teacher is currently a professional photographer who does weddings and senior pictures. My web teacher is a programmer who does websites for companies. My typography teacher used to work at a print shop. My design teacher led a group who did a project.
Start Your Review of Central Ohio Technical College
My online nutrition instructor was unable to answer some questions and required time (usually too long to be of benefit) to look up answers.
No problems at all transferring credit.
Class sizes are good, but there's room for improvement with some of the professors.