Central New Mexico Community College Reviews

1,139 reviews
I have been at Central New Mexico Community College for only two terms, but I am very pleased by the instructors and professors. The classes are small and I feel, it is very easy to get one on one help with my professor as needed. I enjoy the campus. As a freshman, I was worried I would be overwhelmed but I seem to be very comfortable with the workload and classes I am attending. The staff is very helpful with any questions concerning my major and with financial help. They are always ready for any question I may have and make sure I have an understanding about what they are saying. I am very pleases with CNM.
I am a current student in my third semester, thus far my experience at CNM has been great. The environment is quite friendly and the Instructors are very helpful. New Facilities are being built that are "LEAD" Certified, energy efficient. There are many great programs available, I am in the Environmental Planning and Design program. The cost for New Mexico Residents is well worth the education, I look forward to completing my course of study for further studies in Environmental Science, CNM is providing a great foundation to build my education upon.
At Central New Mexico Community College, your education is taken seriously. There are constantly people making sure you know how to go about finishing your degree, finishing on time, and advisers ready to help you set out a plan for the future. CNM is a place where staff is dedicated to helping you succeed.
Review Central New Mexico Community College
CNM is paired with UNM where a lot of the classes double dip. CNM is great for getting through your prerequisites and then swapping over to UNM for your career courses. CNM has campuses in multiple areas which can help if transportation is an issue for you, but some classes will require you to be at their main campus (especially medical and technology majors).
The lack of knowledge when it comes to the staff members. It can be very frustrating when all you want to do is go back to school and no one has the knowledge to assist you or even cares.
CNM is overall an excellent community university. This university provides several options including online classes. The diversity is awesome and flexibility allows for one person to achieve their goals. Each campus provides accessibility for a person to have full access regardless of the location in the city.
I enjoyed my time here. Campus was awesome and easy to get around. Great first college!! I took all my prerequisites here then continued online.
I loved that it felt like you could really get a personal feel for college and that you are not being looked at like another seat in the class. Once you get to know your professor and classmates, the semester is a breeze.
Central New Mexico Community College has been a really good experience for me. When I first started to attend there were so many people that were willing to lead me in the right direction. All of the instructors I have had for my classes besides one have been really great and willing to work with students if they are having a hard time with the class. The only thing that I would change about CNM is where they are doing cuts to the budget. There are some history classes that the College is no longer providing because of these budget cuts. What i really love about this school is that it is really diverse. I love knowing that I'm not going to be judged at this school because of my ethnicity or race, my sexual preference or what i believe in. This school takes pride in letting others know that they accept everyone no matter what.
Great College! All the professors I've had the privilege of working with have been amazing and are very focused on educating you for your future. You can tell that this college is more about the student and our education than making money off of us!
So far I have had an overall positive experience with CNM. The financial adviser has been very helpful. And my academic coach is very supportive. However when contacting the call center I was unable to reschedule my appointment that they had scheduled incorrectly for the same day. And when I was calling to follow up on my financial aid app I was given incorrect information about a $50 holding fee.
My experience at CNM was fantastic. My first day I was scared and nervous, but the staff and everybody was welcoming and I felt safe and welcomed. There different campuses around the Albuquerque area, but CNM is a great community college. The changes I would like to see is maybe CNM have a workout facility or gym for the students around here.
Central New Mexico Community college makes college affordable, while making classes you need to complete your program accessible. The teachers want to see you excel and reach out to help you if you are willing.
It's a great school to start off your college experience especially because it way cheaper than most colleges. CNM as lots of campuses around the city of Albuquerque, NM. Great staff and students as well
My experience has CNM has been a good rewarding time, Ive learned a great deal in the cosmetology pprogram. The only thing I would like to see is a little bit more understanding and leaniancy with the instructors when it comes to attendance and effort.
I like how peaceful it is; the staff is always committed to a student's success. They want their students to succeed and eventually transfer to a 4-year university.
My experience at Central New Mexico Community College has been awesome. The professors are hard working and involved with the students. There isn't one thing I would wish to change at CNM.
Review Central New Mexico Community College
I had taken the cheaper route and attended community college which was actually a smart choice for me. My classes were small, I could ask questions during class and the teachers were more then willing to help or answer my questions precisely. Campus was small and easy to get around with helpful maps through out the campus so getting lost wasn't a option. This school made my first two years of college comfortable and not so stressful. I would not change one thing about this school.
CNM is a great way for individuals to earn college degrees without having to spend big bucks. The tuition is cheaper than universities and offers many scholarships for students to continue their education. The classes are small and the teachers know who you are and genuinely care about how you're doing in the course.
I went to CNM for the first year of college and it was a good experience. The classes are small and the teachers like being there and will give you the time of day to help you pass their class. The staff there is always helpful too, but you need to know what you are asking if not they, just send you everywhere which can be every stressful. The campus is small but spread out. So make sure you are not running from one side to the other. Close free parking is very hard to find so walking is always a must. Something I would like to see change is more of a hands-on experience with some classes. I went for early child education but found it every hard to know that what I was learning was actually wroking. Over all CNM is still a good place to go.