1,128 reviews
  1. Albuquerque, NM
  2. 2 Year

Central New Mexico Community College Reviews

1,128 reviews
My experience at CNM was fantastic. My first day I was scared and nervous, but the staff and everybody was welcoming and I felt safe and welcomed. There different campuses around the Albuquerque area, but CNM is a great community college. The changes I would like to see is maybe CNM have a workout facility or gym for the students around here.
Central New Mexico Community college makes college affordable, while making classes you need to complete your program accessible. The teachers want to see you excel and reach out to help you if you are willing.
It's a great school to start off your college experience especially because it way cheaper than most colleges. CNM as lots of campuses around the city of Albuquerque, NM. Great staff and students as well
My experience has CNM has been a good rewarding time, Ive learned a great deal in the cosmetology pprogram. The only thing I would like to see is a little bit more understanding and leaniancy with the instructors when it comes to attendance and effort.
I like how peaceful it is; the staff is always committed to a student's success. They want their students to succeed and eventually transfer to a 4-year university.
My experience at Central New Mexico Community College has been awesome. The professors are hard working and involved with the students. There isn't one thing I would wish to change at CNM.
I had taken the cheaper route and attended community college which was actually a smart choice for me. My classes were small, I could ask questions during class and the teachers were more then willing to help or answer my questions precisely. Campus was small and easy to get around with helpful maps through out the campus so getting lost wasn't a option. This school made my first two years of college comfortable and not so stressful. I would not change one thing about this school.
CNM is a great way for individuals to earn college degrees without having to spend big bucks. The tuition is cheaper than universities and offers many scholarships for students to continue their education. The classes are small and the teachers know who you are and genuinely care about how you're doing in the course.
I went to CNM for the first year of college and it was a good experience. The classes are small and the teachers like being there and will give you the time of day to help you pass their class. The staff there is always helpful too, but you need to know what you are asking if not they, just send you everywhere which can be every stressful. The campus is small but spread out. So make sure you are not running from one side to the other. Close free parking is very hard to find so walking is always a must. Something I would like to see change is more of a hands-on experience with some classes. I went for early child education but found it every hard to know that what I was learning was actually wroking. Over all CNM is still a good place to go.
There online courses are fabulous. Their web page is easy to follow and if you need to call them they are available to answer your questions.
I benefit from the small class sizes and easy to reach instructors. The instructors for the nursing program are very well educated and experienced.
Great school. Most of the instructors also teach at UNM so your getting the same education. There is a wide variety of classes to take, and many of the credits transfer to UNM.
Good place to get started! I feel like my teachers care about seeing me succeed, and they seem very ready to help out. Class sizes are small, which I like. A good place to prepare for going to a bigger university while saving money.
Well if you like a school that has great teachers and a friendly environment, this is a school for you. The staff is great teachers work with you and do understand that things do come up. The teachers are more engaged with you and get to know you on a personal level. It's not as if you are just another student that is in one of their classes. The environment is great for students who want time to study. There are multiple places to study and they have tutors that can help you. One think that I think the school needs to improve on is the guidance councilors. One I first started I was told the wrong information and I was working for a degree that would allow me to transfer to a four-year college. I’ve been there two times after and they rush whatever we are doing and don’t really help me understand my concerns. So I feel that they can be friendlier and take time with students.
Central New Mexico is a great place to start on getting a degree. The courses they offer are only pre requisites for majors but are way cheaper than other universities in the area. Cnm is mostly aimed at getting people ready and prepping them for the bigger Unversities. The campus even offers some courses with professors who also work at UNM which is great because you get the same value for cheaper. The main campus is in downtown Albuquerque which means an hour drive in almost any direction and you can get some good scenery. The campus is pretty clean. You get to rent books or buy them and sell them back both as ways to save money. There isn't that much diversity you will definitely meet plenty of Hispanics. There are no athletics for the school but UNM is close and it's stadiums are nearby meaning you can go to all of their games. There are parties in the area but they aren't always safe. I have never had any safety problems at campus or have heard of any incidents happening either.
CNM is a great place to start. I gave 4 stars because I am not convinced that the counselors fully listen to my needs and I haven't learned how to get a new one. That being said, class size is small which is great. Instructors are mostly UNM professors so you get a great education. I have learned how to ask more questions because they stress that this process is for the student which means Mom can't do anything, I have to do it all. Great way to grow up fast! Campus is beautiful, parking is so so.
CNM is a great school to get a small start on, I recommend the school for students that are not financially stable yet.
This could be the greatest local school, however some of the administration and board members, are making decisions that are not in the best interest of the students. Also some of these decisions have been hurtful to the budget and this has a negative impact on the school as a whole.
I really am enjoying the pre reqs for this program
The teachers are passionate about what they teach. The price for tuition is great, and the classes are not too big.