Central Michigan University Reviews

2,458 reviews
I've only gone through orientation at CMU a few weeks ago and I'm most impressed with their Leadership Program, the only university in the state of MI that has such a program and it is what employers are now looking at in prospective employee applications.
This school bleeds maroon and gold, and I'm very happy to be here, everyone is kind and accepting. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Best college ever! It's not too big, not too small. Perfect college if you're a kid from a small town!
Review Central Michigan University
I have visited Central Michigan about two years ago as a college campus tour. I think that it is a beautiful school with excellent academics. The students are friendly and welcoming. The dorms are nice, not too big nor too small. I am excited to attend this school in the spring of 2018.
-Going to be a freshman starting in fall of 2017. I took some tours of the campus and looked at the facilities as well as the cafeteria. Overall a great school and great environment to be in! Talked some of my future professors and had a great time!
Central Michigan University has such a warm and loving campus. The students there are always there to support each other and help one another thrive to the best of their ability. Most of the professors really want to see their students thrive and do what they can to help them achieve this. Yet, there are some there that are only there for the money, which is quite sad. Overall I am very happy with my decision to attend CMU and I will always fire up!
Great Connections with my professors. Great counselors and staff that helped me make it to my senior year. The campus was small enough and had a great atmosphere. It was like a home away from home. I felt safe at every event and party. Lastly but not least there was a lot of free stuff. I love Central Michigan University.
Great faculty and friendly environment. I've learned so much from coming here and would recommend for anyone to come here to have the great experiance I am having.
Central Michigan University is an amazing college with the many different programs it offers and the growing medical school that is being improved each year. The professors and advisors are also willing to help and point a student in the right direction, even if that means they will lose the student from their program. The campus is the prefect size, since it take about twenty minutes walking to get to one end of campus to the next. The students there are accepting and they are always willing to help each other out, even if they do not know each other. The town the campus is located in a smaller rural town of Mount Pleasant, this town is growing slowly and becoming more college friendly.
My experiences with CMU have been overall good. There is a diverse and friendly community. A few classes could be set up differently but I like it.
I began going to Central Michigan University this past Fall and immediately felt welcomed to the community and beautiful campus. Just the atmosphere at Central was inviting and invigorating. The community embraces diversity and culture and dedicates time to educate students on these aspects. Every class that I wanted to take was available to me. My instructors were all enthusiastic and qualified to teach their subjects.
I wish the sidewalks were heated, that would be so helpful during the winter! I also don't like that tuition continues to rise due to President Ross continuing to give himself unnecessary raises.
Overall, the professors all do their best and I have met very few that were bad. It's a very diverse school, with plenty of opportunities. The extracurriculars are abundant and there's a little something for everyone. Greek life is very involved withe the community, this past Greek Week the Greek community raised over 70-grand for local causes. This campus truly does have a small campus community feel, but on a large enough campus that you don't see the same people everyday.
I like most of my professors. The BCA program is great amd the theatre program is fun. The people here are mostly great. It's a fun experience. However, CMU cares more about athletics than academics or counseling services and funds athletics a lot more than much needed counseling services and has opted to cut classes instead of funding to athletics and other unimportant things.
One of the most under rated universities in the State! Amazing campus, great professors! Most classes are taught by PhDs, not graduate assistants, friendly/family vibe around campus.
The campus is a friendly enviornment that makes a great fit for any new student! Campus is easily walkable and very close to downtown Mt. Pleasant.
Central Michigan University is a great school integrated into the town. The campus has a great setup and an altogether good atmosphere.
Very welcoming! I transferred this past semester and my RA made me feel at home. The academics are great and they really focus on diversity. However, diversity seems to be shoved down your throat along with LGBTQ ideas. This is something that is introduced too quickly for students who never were exposed to this in high school. My professors are great and are easy to understand
Review Central Michigan University
Great campus, professors are good down to earth people, however MAJOR issues with the financial aid office and communication. They'll tell you one thing someday and the opposite the next day.
I transferred here from community college and I love it. There are so many groups you can join, so you will meet new people as long as you are involved. Many programs to choose from. So many things to do and see.
My time at CMU was brief but the relationships that I made there will last a lifetime. All of my classes were challenging but great and my professors were always willing to help by answering questions.