Central Michigan University
- 4 Year
- MOUNT PLEASANT, MI
Central Michigan University Campus Life
Based on housing cost, capacity, student reviews and additional factors.
On-Campus Housing Available
Freshmen Required to Live on Campus
Freshmen Live On-Campus
No data available
Undergrads in College Housing
Average Housing Cost
$5,400 / year
58%of students say overall dorm quality is great. 671 responses
79%of students say the dorms' social atmosphere is great. 288 responses
grade B minus
Based on meal plan cost and student reviews on the food.
Meal Plan Available
Average Meal Plan Cost
$5,520 / year
What are the best food options on campus?
Based on 498 responses
- Down under food court14%
- Einstein Bagels9%
- The Market subs/papa johns9%
62%of students highly rate the dining facilities. 193 responses
Based on quality of housing, food services, student reviews, and additional factors.
grade A minus
Based on campus diversity, social scene, student reviews, and additional factors.
What is your overall opinion of your school and the campus community?
Based on 141 responses
- I love everything about my school and have a lot of campus pride.41%
- I like mostly everything about my school, but there are some things I wish were different.53%
- The school community is okay-we're all just here for an education, nothing more.4%
- I hate my school and have no school spirit.1%
Based on crimes on campus, local area crime rates, and student reviews.
81%of students say they feel extremely safe and secure on campus. 181 responses
How does peer pressure affect students' use of drugs and alcohol?
Based on 116 responses
- You can have a great social life without drugs or alcohol.41%
- Most people partake in some form, but no one treats you differently if you don't.43%
- You'll definitely feel a little awkward if you don't drink.16%
- If you don't partake, you're left out.1%
How visible are the campus police on campus?
Based on 146 responses
- Extremely present and willing to assist students.19%
- There if you need them but not overbearing.52%
- Just there to bust up parties or give out parking tickets.22%
- Not very visible.3%
- We have campus police?3%
How popular are varsity sports on campus?
Based on 292 responses
- Almost everything on campus revolves around them.5%
- Varsity sports are a big part of campus life.64%
- Varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.28%
- No one pays attention to varsity sports.2%
Men's Varsity Sports
Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Track and Field: X-Country, Wrestling
Women's Varsity Sports
All Track Combined, Basketball, Field Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and Field: Indoor, Track and Field: Outdoor, Track and Field: X-Country, Volleyball
Clubs & Activities
Campus Ministries, Dance, Drama/Theater, Film Society, International Student Organizations, Literary Magazine, Newspaper, Radio Station, Student Government, Television Station
Choral Groups, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Marching Band, Musical Theater, Music Ensembles, Pep Band, Symphony Orchestra
What are your favorite campus events or traditions?
Based on 233 responses
- Central/Western Weekend18%
- Midnight Scream13%
- Chalk writings8%
- School of Music Concerts5%
- Theatre Productions5%
Based on access to bars and student reviews on the party scene.
What is the party scene like on campus?
Based on 195 responses
- Tons of raging parties almost any night of the week.11%
- Lots of options Wednesday-Saturday.50%
- Some decent frat/house parties, weekends only.24%
- Good parties are few and far between.6%
- Parties? What parties?9%
What is the biggest social event of the year?
Based on 126 responses
- Welcome weekend42%
- Welcome and Western weekend tie for first18%
- The three biggest: Western, Welcome, St Patricks10%
- Any holiday/big game/welcome weekend9%
- Central/Western weekend9%
- No idea5%
- Western, welcome, St. Patricks, Halloween3%
Men in Fraternities
Women in Sororities
56%of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 237 responses