- 4 Year
- FAYETTE, MO
- Academicsgrade C+
- Valuegrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A
- Campusgrade C+
- Athleticsgrade B+
- Party Scenegrade B
- Professorsgrade B minus
- Locationgrade C
- Dormsgrade B minus
- Campus Foodgrade C+
- Student Lifegrade B minus
- Safetygrade A minus
• Founded in 1854, Central Methodist University is a four-year, private, liberal arts university. CMU's main campus, home to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, is located in Fayette, Missouri, enrolling 1,100 students.
• More than 4,000 students attend CMU's College of Graduate and Extended Studies, which offers classes online and at sites across Missouri and the region. CMU is affiliated with the United Methodist Church and welcomes students of all faiths.
• 100% of our Fayette residential students receive Financial Aid.
• Our faculty to student ratio is 12 to 1.
• We are proud to say we have a 91% placement rate within 6 months of graduating.
• We offer 25+ clubs and organizations for students to join including over 10 Greek chapters.
• CMU is an Apple Distinguished School and has an innovative Digital U program, offering iPads to every student. This allows for hands-on learning like virtually dissecting for science classes, record for music classes, and so much more!
Branch Campuses of Central Methodist University
- sort list below by grade active
- sort list below alphabetically disabled
Central Methodist University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
Most Popular Majors
- Liberal Arts and Humanities34 Graduates
- Business22 Graduates
- Biology19 Graduates
- Nursing18 Graduates
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Administration15 Graduates
- Athletic Training11 Graduates
- Mathematics10 Graduates
- Elementary Education9 Graduates
- Psychology9 Graduates
- Physical Therapy Technician8 Graduates
Nursing (BSN) Degree Program
Students get hands-on experience working with simulators and through actual patient contact. Classes cover a wide variety of areas from pharmacology to human anatomy, and management to family nursing. The Nursing program offers clinical experiences in a variety of health care facilities in the area. CMU Nursing uses Laerdal Mannequin - the leading company in nursing simulation education.
- Academically Oriented13%
- Music/Pre-Med Majors7%
- Small, friendly athletic school.69%
- Small, friendly19%
- Medium, athletic school6%
- The online program is made for working individual.6%
Central Methodist University Reviews
Coach Stephen Main has been wonderful to work with as well!