COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
The health and safety of our students, faculty and staff is our highest priority as CMU plans for the fall 2020 semester. A variety of mitigation measures will be implemented to maintain a healthy environment, including requiring face coverings, enhancing cleaning protocols and following CDC guidelines on physical distancing and limiting the number of people in spaces. Learn More
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeB
Founded in 1854, Central Methodist University is a four-year, private, liberal arts university. CMU's main campus, home to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences (CLAS), is located in Fayette, Missouri, enrolling 1,100 students. More than 4,000 students attend CMU's College of Graduate and Extended Studies (CGES), which offers classes online and at sites across Missouri and the region. CMU is affiliated with the United Methodist Church and welcomes students of all faiths.
The Central Methodist University experience engenders, through the academic program and opportunities for practical experiences, student growth in knowledge, personal integrity, spirituality, and professional competence. In addition, students are challenged to develop a sense of global citizenship and a commitment to the betterment of the world.
Central Methodist University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.14 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.13 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.13 responses
Nursing (BSN) Degree Program
Students get hands-on experience working with simulators and through actual patient contact. Classes cover a wide variety of areas from pharmacology to human anatomy, and management to family nursing. The Nursing program offers clinical experiences in a variety of health care facilities in the area.
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.19 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.23 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.9 responses