Central Maine Community College Reviews

Central Maine Community College is a local, inexpensive school which offers a great education. The professors at this school are extremely knowledgeable in their subject and are very flexible with getting help. I graduated from the Building Construction Technology program at Central Maine and I'm sure glad I did because when I went into the work force I was prepared for everything that was thrown at me and put on a successful road because of my extensive knowledge background I acquired from CMCC. I have recently been accepted into another 4-year college so I can further my education but I'm glad I took 2 years at CMCC because they really made the transition from high school to college a lot easier.
I started back in 2013 and I have learned a lot from this college as well as been trained and certified in some things From Microsoft as well as CompTIA the college is very relaxed and and it feels as if you are just in one big happy family (if your on dorm side mainly) there is never something you can't learn there and the instructors are very easy to work with
Id like it if i could my teachers would post my grades faster, other than that it's been going pretty good. Not much to complain about.
Review Central Maine Community College
I am now in my second semester at Central Maine Community College and I love it. My first semester all of my classes were in person and the professors were great. Now all of my classes besides one are online. Online classes take a lot of self-motivation. I'm excited for next year to get my degree!
I felt as if I was home when I attended classes. Everyone is so friendly, and there are always people around to talk to and get help from! The classes and teachers give you hands on experience that you will need in the future.
Central Maine Community College, while located in Auburn, Maine, it is still in a quiet location. It is off a main road which holds a few popular restaurants and shops. It sits on Lake Auburn and is very peaceful. When walking around campus, you hardly know that you are in a city-like area.
The classes are great sized. not too big where you don't have that 1 on 1 with the teachers. Its close to home.
the teachers are wonderful and are very helpful. they engage with the students and push them to do their best.
I took 2 semesters at another college and I have come to find that CMCC has been 10x more helpful than the other school. I call and ask many questions and they know the answer to every question, they are very understanding and very thoughtful of incoming students and they strive to help you succeed!
I hate having to take online courses! Some classes are only offered online and I have no interest doing classes online!
Haven't dealt too much with career services.
The other students make the college worth going to. It's the friendships that last!
It was okay. Not great but just okay.
I have come across some great teachers and I've come across horrible teachers. It's a hit or miss with the teachers.,
Central Maine is really a great place! With the size of campus being smaller, it honestly helps with making a lot of friends on campus as well as getting to know the staff of the school too. There is probably 20-50 students in a class and that makes it a lot easier to learn as an individual. When I went to visit the school it was honestly a beautiful campus at a beautiful location. The size of the campus was perfect for my first year of college! Being really nervous coming in to my freshman year, I ended up loving it! I wasn't overwhelmed with classes, so I felt like I had a better experience. I really enjoyed recognizing a lot of familiar faces all over campus. I played basketball, and the student life really got involved for a smaller campus compared to a D1 or a D2 school. You all feel like a family there, and I loved the overall experience. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
I haven't done an online class as of yet, but will be doing my first online class this semester.
My experience for the most part has been ok. I have met a few great instructors.
Review Central Maine Community College
No information to say on this.
I attend a pretty good college. However, I would like it if there were more instructors who won't say things that make you feel like you are not doing good enough, and makes you feel like an idiot if asking a question.
CMCC is only about 30 minutes away from my home and this has been very convenient for me. Classes are offered at a varying amount of times throughout the day and week and it has been easy for me to schedule classes to fit my needs and my degree needs. I've transferred credits from SMCC to CMCC and the process was very easy. When one class didn't automatically transfer over I spoke to my adviser and he got admissions to accept the class and it was one less class that I had to retake.