Central Maine Community College Reviews

Good variety of academic programs. Excellent tutorial help. Tuition is low so it's a low cost start to your bachelors. Classroom computer labs need updates but money was spent on new sports complex. Teachers are hit and miss. Some are great but some aren't knowledgeable about the subjects they teach. I had two classes with a teacher who had just taught himself the software he was teaching the summer prior and couldn't answer many of my questions. Dorms are subpar. Drug use is often overlooked. There is no real kitchen in the larger dorm and students are forced to pay for meals even if they don't want cafeteria food, where there is only one vegan option - salad.
Central Maine Community College has a very nice campus with very diverse people. It's in Auburn but its far enough to be nice and quiet but is close enough that you could walk to the Auburn Mall.
They are great at helping you every step of the way. They make sure you know what you need to do to get enrolled, get the financial aid you might need, find housing and transition into college life. Everyone is so friendly.
Start Your Review of Central Maine Community College
Just starting, but the staff has been very helpful in every step along the way from signing up for college, to signing up for FAFSA, and so on.
It's a great start for high school seniors or for an adult looking to get back into school while being flexible with work.
CM is a wondefull family feel school. All your teacher will know your name and will help you succes in and outside the classroom. My personal favorite is the open gym where you are free to practice your sport anytime.
The people help find my way. Central Maine Community College is great for because I can communicate with people easily. All my friends goes there and I have so much fun going there. DescriptionCentral Maine Community College is a community college located in Auburn, Maine. It is one of the seven colleges in the Maine Community College System.
For the most part, I have had nothing but positive experiences at this school. My professors all seem to be passionate about the work they do. I have met some amazing people, as well. CMCC is also very affordable, which makes getting my general education credits pretty painless.
Central Maine Community College is the most affordable community college in New England and the quality of academics well surpasses the low cost of tuition. I would recommend this school to anyone!
My experience with CMCC is excellent. I was able to register and select my courses easily. CMCC helped me with applying for financial aid. CMCC offers day, evening and Saturday courses. I like CMCC because the college is affordable, and their credits are acceptable towards four-year degree colleges. I think CMCC should offer four-year programs.
Most of the teachers seem to really want to help and teach, but I feel as though there is a lack of proper equipment for everyone, especially in chemistry.
The staff at Central Maine Community College is very friendly. The advisors are amazing to talk to and extremely helpful with any questions you have. The Trio team is extremely helpful and very friendly.
I haven't attended as a student yet but the campus is great! So far the staff is kind and extremely helpful. I love all the options for beverages and food. The campus is small and quaint, a perfect size to still get confused on but not enough to get lost. The campus community is very tight knit and very keen to keep their students safe and happy.
I emailed several times fir information on a particular program, several times. Finally drove up to the campus to get the information.
CMCC is a great college, I wanted a college where I was not just another number and I got that at CMCC, everyone knows everyone. People (students, staff and faculty) are very friendly and welcoming. There's a good student-teacher ratio which allowed learning to efficient and effective.
CMCC is a very inviting environment, filled with many professors and students with an unlimited amount of knowledge. It may be a 2 year school yet, there’s so many young folks going to bigger and better schools once they finish their 2 years at CMCC. Central Maine is one of the cheapest schools in New England!
Pretty campus. Small, but in a good way. Good school to go to if you're still uncertain of what you want to study and decide to do a Gen Ed degree before attending a four year college. Not great at advertising help for struggling students. I had academic problems due to mental health and had no idea where to turn to for help. Other than that, it's okay.
Start Your Review of Central Maine Community College
My experience at CMCC participates in clubs. I like CMCC because is close to my home and every hour citybus go there. Also, Central Maine Community College has cheap courses.
Central Maine community college is very welcoming, there are great teachers and other helping staff that will be right there for you if you need anything or have any questions. It's a fun environment with school activities and fun things for students to do every day. There is a large variety of professions to choose from and the give you a great learning experience through every class.
My experience has been absolutely incredible at Central Maine Community College! All the faculty I've encounter have been very nice and helpful.