Central Lakes College - Brainerd Reviews

I chose CLC because I was lost and didn't know what I wanted to do as far as school. CLC provided me with a cheaper opportunity to get my AA and helped me find the right career path for me!
I like the teachers, the way classes are taught and explained. Online classes are a favorite. I like to save on gas.
If you want to go to a school where the teachers, advisers and the Dean care about the students then CLC is the place. I'm pretty sure that out of all the schools in Minnesota this is the most affordable. There are couches and spaces made specifically for the students to relax, study or just hangout with friends. They even have a space for snacks and meals that are free for students. If you have trouble in classes they have tutors in the library and no you don't have to pay for it. I enjoyed my time at CLC. I made friends with teachers, janitors, and non traditional students alike.
Start Your Review of Central Lakes College - Brainerd
They offer a variety of courses that you're able to take in high school. However, some of the professors for online classes aren't very reachable.
My experience at Central Lakes College has been an excellent one! The instructors are good at what they do and want to support their students and see them succeed. I have loved getting more involved in the community and discovering others who share my interests. Overall I love attending CLC and would highly recommend it to anyone seeking one of their degree programs!
The professors have been great, I have been introduced to the Honors Program through CLC and it is a wonderful experience already.
The instructors were real and told it to us straight. They made sure students understood their material and were open to all questions. They were nice and inclusive to all.
I wish that Central Lakes College had dorms or a set groups of apartments for students. I drive about 40 minutes everyday for class. The facility is very nice and the classrooms are easy to find. People there are very friendly.
I like that it's a small campus with small class sizes. the staff that work at central lakes are all very helpful and kind. It's a great campus to go to and with it being my first semester in college i dont have a lot to say.
I like the professors and the way they care about their students. They always make sure students have what they need to be successful in their field of study. All of my professors have taken time out of their day to consult with students about classwork, or set up a success plan for them. They are kind and compassionate, and they know what they are talking about. If you ask questions, they do not make you feel dumb, they just do their best to help answer what you have asked. Helpful teachers are always a plus when looking at schools to attend.
For a two year college, I think CLC is a great place for anyone who wants to start their college experience off on the right foot. They offer a good, affordable education, and I loved most of my teachers this past semester. Only thing I wish they had was Veterinary Technician program for those looking to go into that field such as myself. But, I have been able to start the completion of my generals without any problems.
The professors are very thorough in their assurance that students understand the course materials. The admissions and advisory staff have gone beyond their workshops to help me with my funding since I have a Consortium Agreement in place with another MNSCU institution.
Some of the teachers shouldn't teach and others do really well and as a student, I enjoy participating in their classes. It is really hit and miss with instructors. The campus is nice and their food is average but okay.
The Central Lakes College Brainerd area has a lot to offer as a community college. The staff and students work very hard to offer a variety of activities to take part in. Also not only is the campus very beautiful but everyone is very welcoming!
CLC is an excellent school to begin a Liberal Arts degree! The faulty and programs offer substantial help to walk their students through the application and financial aid process. They also offer many free programs to make college life easier and more affordable. Overall, it is a great school to get students started on their education and to help them reach their next level!
I had actually gone to the Staples campus. It was a very good college experience. The class sizes were smaller. That helped me get more one on one time when I needed the extra help.
Love the community feel of the college and the staff are all very helpful. I also like they have sports as this helps me keep motivated to do well in school along with keeping myself fit
Start Your Review of Central Lakes College - Brainerd
Clc has helped me accomplish what I want in life. They've given me a school to learn and educate myself to live my dream of becoming a paramedic.
There are multiple pieces to this. Some people are here to get their associates degree and transfer to a university, while others are involved in a technical program such as welding or heavy machinery. In terms of students pursuing their AA almost all plan to transfer to a 4-year therefore students are continuing with their education and not going straight into a career. With the technical part of the college the career programs are excellent from what I've heard. People in the welding department have a very easy time getting a job. All the technical careers the school offers tend to be in high demand.
The courses I'm taking I have interest in and apply to my associates degree. I do not feel like I am wasting my time with classes that won't transfer. Instructors are excellent, they are very friendly and willing to help you out with anything.

Class sizes are small and the courses are quality.