Central Lakes College - Brainerd Reviews

CLC is an excellent school to begin a Liberal Arts degree! The faulty and programs offer substantial help to walk their students through the application and financial aid process. They also offer many free programs to make college life easier and more affordable. Overall, it is a great school to get students started on their education and to help them reach their next level!
I had actually gone to the Staples campus. It was a very good college experience. The class sizes were smaller. That helped me get more one on one time when I needed the extra help.
Love the community feel of the college and the staff are all very helpful. I also like they have sports as this helps me keep motivated to do well in school along with keeping myself fit
Review Your College
Clc has helped me accomplish what I want in life. They've given me a school to learn and educate myself to live my dream of becoming a paramedic.
The courses I'm taking I have interest in and apply to my associates degree. I do not feel like I am wasting my time with classes that won't transfer. Instructors are excellent, they are very friendly and willing to help you out with anything.

Class sizes are small and the courses are quality.
There are multiple pieces to this. Some people are here to get their associates degree and transfer to a university, while others are involved in a technical program such as welding or heavy machinery. In terms of students pursuing their AA almost all plan to transfer to a 4-year therefore students are continuing with their education and not going straight into a career. With the technical part of the college the career programs are excellent from what I've heard. People in the welding department have a very easy time getting a job. All the technical careers the school offers tend to be in high demand.
  • Mar 28 2016
  • Value
I'm in the AA transfer curriculum and it seems to be up to par in giving students the ability to transfer to a university and achieving a degree. The teachers are great. Every one that I've had knows me by name. The academic advisors help a lot with making sure the classes you're taking translate to getting an associates degree. Also, the classes are challenging but very manageable. I am learning a lot and am having a good academic experience.
Overall, I've had a great experience at Central Lakes College. My favorite aspects are the small class sizes, supportive faculty and administration, strong athletic programs, and helpful campus. Has everything you need for a community or technical college.
Lots of different classes to choose from and amazing teachers who really want to see you grow and learn new things.
Great teachers and small classes.
Lot of good teacher's that are out to help you no matter what happens in life they are always willing to help you succeed and thrive.
This school is such an amazing place to go to! The teachers and advisors help so much! They want you to learn the material and aren't just there for a paycheck!!! Love it!
I personally like this school because when I make an appointment with an advisor they answer all my questions that I have. They are always well manored and never rude. The school is well organized and someone with more authority is always willing to help.
The instructors are friendly and willing to go above and beyond to help their students
I have a lot of fun at my college and learn a lot.
Very easy to get ahold of teachers. Registration was very easy. Easy to communicate with other students online.
There is many students from all over the country and also the world. Many, if not all are treated equal and have many friends.
Review Your College
They have online services to help with job placement. Very helpful at the career center.
  • Value
Very easy to apply for scholarships online. The financial aid office is very helpful.
Many campus activities. Great athletic centers. Huge library