Central Connecticut State University Reviews

1,157 reviews
Central is very sociable, afforadable, and very close to home for me. I live in Southington, so the campus is only 20 minutes away, if that. The campus seems to always have something going on for the students to stay busy when they are not already busy studying. The student center provides and cool place for students to kick back and relax, study, do homework, or even play games. In the game room, there is a variety of games to choose from. From billiards, to ping pong, to video games, air hockey, and many more. I would say that the only down side to Central Connecticut is that a slim few of the professors are not the nicest. In addition to that, the wifi is spotty but that is life, not everything is going to be 100% perfect.
I attended Central Connecticut State University (CCSU) for two and a half years. During this time, I acquired my Bachelor of Arts in Social Work while receiving a minor in Psychological Science. One thing I noticed while enrolled at the university is that the teachers were very proactive in ensuring the best learning environment for their students. I found that the professors made themselves available to students who needed extra time outside of classroom time to process materials being taught in class. As a young African American Woman, I was further impressed by not only the diversity of the university's faculty but also their students. Overall, my experience at CCSU was positive. The only thing I would change is for the university to be as considerate to traditional students as they are to non-traditional students as it relates to class availablity.
CCSU is a great school. For me I am a hour away from home so it's just far enough. The campus is gorgeous and they maintain the property very well. It is an easy campus to navigate. You have plenty of help around if you get lost you just ask someone everybody is friendly. My fist year was tough since I have ADHD and it took a while to get my services in place. Once that happen It was much better. Professors are great. The food they need to work on! Made friends quickly!
Start Your Review of Central Connecticut State University
What I liked about CCSU is that it was local and is an affordable college. The campus is large. It leaves something to be desired over all
Central Connecticut State University is a very good university for the price and academics available. I also really enjoy the housing on campus. The dining halls have good food choices.
I think Central Connecticut has the best Robotic Engineering program. The professors are outstanding and are very helpful for you to achieve your best!
Central has an unique campus and great family atmosphere. There’s isn’t much that i would change about the University other than maybe an increase in the food quality. The selection can be very repetitive and that’s not very fond of the students. While this shouldn’t be a deal breaker when looking for a school, it is something that can take Central Connecticut State from being good to outstanding.
It is a great school and it is close to where I live so I don't have to commute very far. It is also affordable.
I liked the professors at CCSU. They are very welcoming, fair, and great teachers. It is clear that they care a lot about their students. There are great services provided, and the atmosphere of the school is very comforting. My only concern is that there isn't more study areas.
The faculty members are so nice and willing to help. The facilities are well kept. The curriculum is very good.
Freshman at CCSU. Good campus, friendly people. One downside is that some of the professors accents are very heavy and hard to understand. Also, some professors move too quickly and it's hard to learn in their classes
I love the class sizes at this institution as well as the amount of time professors can take to help you. But, this university can improve on social school events, diverse meal options.
I think overall i had a average experience I think their could be more social activity. Maybe the academics can be more courteous to freshmen.
Best fit for a small local school. Gen-eds are not the best but once you get your major courses its great.
Central Connecticut State University is a great college I fully utilize all of the academic resources within the campus and love the cultural diversity that the campus illustrates. I am not apart of the party scene and i am very motivated and determined to achieve success.
Its a very good school for the money you get exactly what you pay for also college in general is all about what you make it. If you want to do something you can do that thing at any college and the great thing about CCSU is that the school encourages things like this.
I would like to see more of a change in the educational system. Where more teachers are involved and helpful to students.
I would like to see more programs or internship opportunities in the campus and not just remodeling the physical buildings.
Start Your Review of Central Connecticut State University
The college itself is average, it's not too bad and it's not too good. You do as much as you can and hope your college experience will be "good"
I feel welcomed. The classes are engaging & thought triggering. The ccsu environment is exciting & hopeful!
I just recently transfered to Central Connecticut State University from a community college. Coming from a community college, I was a little intimidated to attend a university. However, CCSU was an easy transition. The campus is clean and inviting. All of the professors are intelligent and helpful. Transferring to CCSU was the best decision I have made in my life. I see a great future ahead thanks to the knowledge I will gain from CCSU.