Central Connecticut State University Reviews

1,178 reviews
I transferred from Georgia up to Connecticut and I currently I have enrolled as a transfer student. Overall my experience with CCSU has been life changing. The faulty to the staff and the people have truly made it an experience.
Student Life is amazing, the professor are horrible and don't care, there's only a select few that care f a student passes their class, the food is good the first month of school.
Central Connecticut State University has professor’s that are working in there field. This allows the student to have firsthand knowledge of real world experiences. It is a very interactive campus. Classes are big and the course load is manageable. There are many clubs for socializing, making new friends and exploring new interests. It would help a lot, as a student, to reach out and talk to different people. Making friends is easy. I do not have anything negative to say about the university. It is worth attending, you will not be disappointed.
Start Your Review of Central Connecticut State University
Central was very well put together . As a basketball player we had support coming from everywhere . I enjoyed the clubs and activities for student life . I lived in the newest dorms which was suites, so enjoyed my living arrangements really well. They had many of places on campus so you would never be bored or lonely
CCSU is a good school to apply for and get into. The school is very diverse and people there are friendly. There are a lot of different activities and groups to get involved in and have great sport teams. Living on campus is a little on the pricey side and honestly the best thing to do is to compute and save your money.
My first year at Central was one I'll remember and I still have three more years to make great memories. While being at Central there are plenty of cool events happening and very easy to join a club which I recommend you doing because you can make friends that way. There isn't much I would change at Central besides for the food and the parking.
I love the programs offered here. The ease of registration is a big help too and there are so many staff and counselors available to answer any questions.
My main liking of CCSU would be the diversity, whereas for many other colleges diversity is almost non-existent. Overall, it's your typical college; average food, decent campus, decent classes.
Central Connecticut State University has a diverse faculty that is willing to work with you in order to help you accomplish your goals.
After nearly four years at Central I can genuinely say that I enjoyed my time here. Tons of opportunities to work on campus, cool events happen every week, and it's easy to find a club to join and make friends
I started my journey to higher learning here in 2009. This school will definitely grow you into a better student and individual. I am now a mother and wife who has chosen to pick up where I've left off and Central Connecticut State University was there to welcome me with open arms. Their curriculum is designed so that the courses, no matter which one, reflect/reference one another. This makes the coursework easier to retain. The advisors for the School of Business are easy to access for assistance and/ or appointments. There professors that I have had all have been willing to assist and seem to have their best interest in their students. I am forever grateful to have gained knowledge from this institution.
Overall I had a very good undergraduate experience at CCSU. I enjoyed the nightlife around the campus, as well as my program of study, and it is very close to where I live. I liked it so much that I will be returning in the fall for my graduate studies.
I chose central for the inexpensive price, but I have never regretted it. There are so many opportunities to get involved and you're exposed to all different lifestyles. I've learned so much here in 4 years.
Overall I have had a pleasant experience at CCSU. There are a lot of resources for help and lots of people to help you along the college journey. There is also many ways to reach out and get involved at any point in time. Every week there are events going on and chances to meet new people.
I enjoy the campus and how it is easy to navigate, and most of the professors are exceptional. However, as a commuter student, the parking garages are a mess, and incredibly dangerous. And the professors are not examined well enough, because while there are good professors there are outliers who make a hard course even harder and do not listen to the students who need them to slow down or teach it a different way.
CCSU classes really help me see what it means to be a future teacher. I am able to learn about why we teach not just how to teach. I would love to see CCSU grow more programs for commuters!
At Central they are very accepting of their students and they ensure that all students have the best experience possible. The faculty does what they can for their students and helps the progress to success.
Start Your Review of Central Connecticut State University
My experience at CCSU is very good. I think that I found a home away from home on this campus. The atmosphere isn't always the best but the people and staff are what make this school the best. I would pick Central over a big name school because I feel that at this university the professors don't just look at you as a number but a name.
The school is very quiet since everyone goes home all the time. Not a lot of people live on campus, but overall is not that bad. The food is okay and the people are cool, i guess.
It was refreshing to have the majority of professors be passionate about what they were teaching! I graduated with high honors and had an easier transition to the workplace than many peers who went to private institutions.