Central Connecticut State University Reviews

1,138 reviews
I have had a great experience at Central so far. My advisor has been extremely helpful for the past couple of years, and I've had some great professors who were able to gauge my interest in classes I wouldn't normally enjoy, and they really care about their students. The campus is also beautiful!
CCSU is a great school to attend because it is a community of amazing people, professors, and administrators that want to see you succeed. It's an overall positive and warming environment! CCSU is a family.
CCSU was devoted to ensuring you started with a dream and ended with a future. The professors of the Biomolecular Science program went above and beyond all expectations to help their students.
Review Central Connecticut State University
The university has several different aspects to look at and all of them are excellent. The school has an amazing school ground, good food, excellent study space, and everything that you need to keep you busy on the weekend. From studying to jobs, the university has a vast and open selection of choices to do in your free time.
Great College with great teachers, Besides one math teacher that I had. The faculty is very nice and understanding. I would not want to go anywhere else for college. I enjoy the environment.
I like Central Connecticut State University because of the opportunities offered. I transferred from the University of New Haven because I did not feel safe, happy, or successful there. At Central, I am beyond happy. The faculty are truly helpful, I feel incredibly safe on campus, and I'm not afraid to go around and make friends just by sitting on a bench on campus. The classes can be challenging, but I know that the education is worth it because the professors really push you to be the best you can be. Central is a wonderful school at an affordable price.
I am in the nursing program at CCSU and while the clinical program is unique, the department as a whole is disorganized. I also believe the student body is over charged in terms of books and lab fees for no reason.
The school had a lot of construction at the time that I attended. The campus was always clean and I felt safe walking from building to building for classes. The one negative was the limited parking spaces, since the majority of students who attend CCSU are commuters.
I'm currently attending as a freshman, finishing my spring semester to become a sophomore in the fall and while attending Central I really admire the size of the campus and the size of the classroom because even though the classes and campus are rather small there is a chance for a connection between the teacher and the student, which is what I find to be most important, and a connection between the students separately.
I absolutely love coming to CCSU! The housing is nice and the atmosphere is amazing and the people here are very outgoing and fun. The classes are a lot harder than expected and you definitely have to put in the work. I would highly reccomend coming here. I've made so many friends and have had a memorable time here.
I like it. There is always something going on and there is always willing to help you out. I would recommend attending.
My sister attending this school for 4 years and now has a very successful career in Marketing. I plan to go here in the future because of the good location and inexpensive tuition. Names don't always mean everything. A cheap college is all you need to make a great future for yourself!
Central Connecticut State University is a great school for finishing general education courses as well as starting a degree.
Great College overall. Some dorms are better than others such as Mid-Campus and James Hall. There are two dining halls with decent food for most tastes. Academically I do not find the General Education classes very challenging but some major specific courses are in a good way very challenging. As athletics go the girls teams seem to do pretty well and some of the guys teams are top notch: ie Track and Field. However, if you are looking for a winning Basketball or football team... look elsewhere.
As a freshman at Central I found going to college to be a smooth transition. The classes and friends made me not so scared for the journey I was about to embark on. The professors are helpful and inspiring for the most part and there are always options for outside help such as tutors. Central provides many tools that they want and encourage you to use that will help you with your education.
My time here so far has definitely been well spent. Most of the professors care about course content and take the time to make sure that on some level you do too. The class sizes arent usually too large so you can build more personal relationships with your professor and classmates. On campus activities are alwys going on, with programs like movie nights and guest speakers spread throughout the month. Life living on campus is good, the dorms are clean and people are friendly, and there are programs almost nightly that you an attend,
I'm a vet most issues I've had have been with the va. The va is an issue that they have not found a resolve for.
Review Central Connecticut State University
What I like about Central Connecticut State University are the professors and the overall atmosphere of the campus. I have had great professors who work with the students and they want us to succeed. What the school could change would be the dining service and offer more of a variety of food that is tasty and healthy.
I am currently enrolled as an Art Education major at Central Connecticut State University. It is a great school with a lot to offer. outside of classes there are several clubs and activities on campus. Living in Mid-Campus Residential Hall is great. It is new so it is extremely nice. The athletic events aren't all the rage but they are worth going to at least once. Academics really depend on how you are as a student and the classes you take. There will always be professors that don't fit your style of learning but there is an active and helpful tutoring center.
Overall, I like the campus. There's a wide variety of classes and has a great Social Work Program. Buildings are fairly close together and they have many clubs. The parking is fairly cramped as there are a lot of commuters and make it hard to find parking during times. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants a quality education