Central Connecticut State University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
High School GPA
Early Decision/Early Action
Average cost after financial aid for students receiving grant or scholarship aid, as reported by the college.
Student Loan Options from Lenders
- Loans from community lenders that put people before profits
- Easy, online app with ability to add a cosigner in minutes
- Simple, straightforward student loans with an easy application
- Flexible repayment options, and strong borrower protections
- Apply online in just 3 minutes
- No origination, application and processing fees, no fees for early repayment
Based on faculty accomplishments, salary, student reviews, and additional factors.
Student Faculty Ratio
Evening Degree Programs
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.81 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.88 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.87 responses
Undergrads Over 25
Freshmen Live On-Campus
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.105 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.123 responses
Median Earnings 6 Years After Graduation
Employed 2 Years After Graduation
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.63 responses
Colleges like Central Connecticut State University
- B-Western Connecticut State University
- 4 Year
- Danbury, CT
- 715 reviews
- BEastern Connecticut State University
- 4 Year
- Willimantic, CT
- 979 reviews
- B-Southern Connecticut State University
- 4 Year
- New Haven, CT
- 1,220 reviews
- BUniversity of Hartford
- 4 Year
- West Hartford, CT
- 1,488 reviews
Central Connecticut State University Reviews
I attended Central Connecticut State University (CCSU) for two and a half years. During this time, I acquired my Bachelor of Arts in Social Work while receiving a minor in Psychological Science. One thing I noticed while enrolled at the university is that the teachers were very proactive in ensuring the best learning environment for their students. I found that the professors made themselves available to students who needed extra time outside of classroom time to process materials being taught in class. As a young African American Woman, I was further impressed by not only the diversity of the university's faculty but also their students. Overall, my experience at CCSU was positive. The only thing I would change is for the university to be as considerate to traditional students as they are to non-traditional students as it relates to class availablity.
I started my journey to higher learning here in 2009. This school will definitely grow you into a better student and individual. I am now a mother and wife who has chosen to pick up where I've left off and Central Connecticut State University was there to welcome me with open arms. Their curriculum is designed so that the courses, no matter which one, reflect/reference one another. This makes the coursework easier to retain. The advisors for the School of Business are easy to access for assistance and/ or appointments. There professors that I have had all have been willing to assist and seem to have their best interest in their students. I am forever grateful to have gained knowledge from this institution.
CCSU is a great school. For me I am a hour away from home so it's just far enough. The campus is gorgeous and they maintain the property very well. It is an easy campus to navigate. You have plenty of help around if you get lost you just ask someone everybody is friendly. My fist year was tough since I have ADHD and it took a while to get my services in place. Once that happen It was much better. Professors are great. The food they need to work on! Made friends quickly!