Central College Reviews

I'm currently a sophomore at Central College, and I could not imagine any other school for me. They have great faculty and staff. Students on campus are always extremely nice making Central a super welcoming environment.
Loved my department professors. They invested in us personally. I did not get a job in my field of study right out of college. Loved the campus and the town as well.
I love it here, everyone specifically all of the faculty works for the benefit of each student. I have lots of health problems which requires me to miss classes from time to time and all the professors I’ve had at Central want to make sure that I am successful despite all of the different obstacles in my path.
Start Your Review of Central College
The diversity is increasing at Central College and they are making many updates to the academic and athletic facilities. They have great student to professor ratios and offer many ways to support their students. With Des Moines being about 30 min away there is a good amount to do not only in Pella but in Des Moines. It is easy to get involved and stay involved at Central College with all they have to offer.
While expensive, the community makes it feel like a home away from home, and the professors are incredibly attentive to anything a student might need. It's also an amazing school for study abroad and internship opportunities. The campus is absolutely gorgeous and the people are incredibly kind.
This college has a great small town feel that allows you to be open and try new things. The town is very homey and friendly with the college being a large part of it. The instructors are welcoming and helpful. It is a great place to expand your horizons.
Central College offers a rich educational experience rooted in deep tradition in which calls you to a higher standard. I would recommend it for everyone.
I like the area. It’s a small town with lots to do. Campus is very nice and easily accessible. Student to professor ratio is small.
I'm not a current student but was impressed with everything I saw during a visit. Especially the athletic training facilities and staff. The unlimited AE chocolate milk is a bonus too!
Love this place, can't wait to attend this fall! Everyone there is super friendly, the professors actually care about you and your work. They care about a lot, have fun activities and arent a party school, which was really important to me. The students are hard workers and really nice to everyone, and the admissions counselors are amazing! Everyone is kind and helpful and they make you feel at home. It can feel like they are a little expensive but they give you a ton of opportunities for scholarships! They even have a scholar day where you can earn even more money for college!
My experience at Central College was absolutely amazing. On my campus tour and athletic facilities tour, the staff made me feel like I belonged there so much. I love how within the college there are so many tight friend group and how big the sense of community is. The college is built in a small town that has a major Dutch influence and the school embraces it and makes it part of who they are. It also has very new facilities and has the best stuff for their students to succeed. I also really like the fact that the class sizes are very small and the student to teacher ratio is really low because i like to be able to connect with the teacher because I learn better that way.
Central has given me so many opportunities to expand my knowledge on a variety of subjects. They are equipping me well to become an accountant.
Nice teachers just the college is too expensive. No one can afford it at all, I know someone who graduated over 10 years ago and will be paying for another 10!
There is no party scene and not much to do in Pella. Every semester the tuition goes up. There are a lot of nice people there but it just wasn't worth it to me. The teachers will challenge you and expect a lot from you. This is a good school for people looking for the small town and thirty churches vibe.
I enjoy the wonderful student-to-teacher ration at Central College (approximately 10:1) and the various resources available for both academic and personal health, such as the writing center and free mental health counseling services. The dedication to academics exhibited by both students and professors here is truly spectacular as well. However, I would like to see a greater emphasis on diversity and intercultural learning at Central College with more events and classes dedicated to these subjects.
I love the school! Very pretty campus, and most staff are helpful and nice. Central does have some strict rules with housing and meal plans and drinking. Also, the town is strict. They are closing the only fun bar in town.
Central has an amazing atmosphere and the perfect campus for its students. Residents halls are clean, and students are nice and friendly.
The atmosphere is that of a family. Everyone is close nit and friendly. Professors are more than happy to answer any questions, and help you to succeed in whatever major you are interested in.
Start Your Review of Central College
The whole experience has been so much fun! The atmosphere and friendliness of the college as a whole is needed due to the fact that I live 16 hours away from Central. The college really makes me feel at home.
Beautiful campus. Great professors. Decent food. Friendly people. Caring staff. Many opportunities. Gorgeous town.
I love being a student at Central! All my professors are amazing, the dorm I live in is great, and the campus is beautiful.