1. Pella, IA
  2. 4 Year

Central College Reviews

The students are wonderful and the professors are incredibly helpful. There are a lot of opportunities to get involved, seeing as it is a purely undergraduate school.
I'm a senior at Central and I love the school. Campus is beautiful and small enough to walk anywhere I need to go. The professors genuinely care about and take time to get to know their students in order to help them excel.
I am a transfer student and unfortunately they do not prioritize transfers like I would prefer to see. However overall I have enjoyed this school.
I have not looked at internships
  • College Sophomore
  • 5 months ago
  • Value
The class sizes are good.
Signing up for housing is a nightmare.
  • College Sophomore
  • 5 months ago
  • Housing
Students don't go to many games.
It is a good small school. The professors and faculty are very caring and concerned about students.
don't have Greek life wish we did
I haven't seen much sport activity
It is the best because the professors take there time to make sure that there students understand what's going on , I have been out of school for a while and starting back has been a little difficult but my professors showed me were I can get tutoring and help .
For a Music Education degree, any schools that have a knowledge of Central will know how great our teacher education program is and our music program is also great. It is not as well known as the education program but ranks just as high in my opinion.
  • College Junior
  • 8 months ago
  • Value
Professors challenge your thinking and want the best results for you from the class. They are more about you having a knowledge base than getting good grades because if you have the knowledge the grades come right along with that.
There are minor flaws but the security guards and RA's are always there if we need them and will walk with you to your dorm if you feel the need.
I've lived in most every place you can live on campus (as a female) and though each dorm or house is different, there is value in every place and perks to each. I would recommend any one of the housing options.
Our Greek life is dying out and if we don't get it the boost it needs, it could be non-existent pretty soon.
Sometimes the focus on the sports aspect of the school tends to outshine the academic, arts or student life aspects of the school. This is apparent in where most of the upgrades are on campus.
Central is only a D3 college, but they recruit heavily and are very strong in almost every sport.
Central College has a beautiful campus and it has many professors that genuinely care about the work that they do, and they are willing to help students outside of class.
Always feel safe. Rarely hear of incidents where issues occurred.