COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Central College continues to monitor the COVID-19 global pandemic. We keep students, faculty, staff, prospective students and families at the forefront of our decision making. We have protocols in place to keep the Central community safe and healthy. Learn More
- Party SceneC+
- Campus FoodB
- Student LifeB
Central College is a private, four-year liberal arts college. Central is known for its academic rigor, leadership and character development, global experiential learning, STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and sustainability education, athletics and service. The Central experience is rooted in exploration and self-discovery and enhanced by life in a residential community of 1,100 students. Central welcomes all with open arms, offers courses and experiences that open minds and opens doors for a lifetime. Students can choose from dozens of academic programs, including majors, minors and pre-professional advising. With an 11:1 student to faculty ratio, students enjoy a personalized teaching and mentoring environment. All classes are taught by professors, not teaching assistants, and 92% of students who graduate from Central do so within four years.
Central College Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.25 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.28 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.28 responses
Engineering at Central College
Today’s engineering careers demand not only technical knowledge but creativity, versatility and great communication skills. Central College’s engineering degree is designed to be completed in four years and readies you for a rewarding career at the interface of mechanical and electrical engineering.
- of students say Greek life is pretty low-key and has little effect on the social scene.31 responses
- of students say varsity sports are a big part of campus life.35 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.14 responses