Centenary College - New Jersey Reviews

I have yet to attend there, but I know from my college visit that it will e a college that I will love and make my success.
Basically it's a 4 year Community College with smaller classes. No more, no less. The Profs. are sincere about their trade and are happy they're not inundated with 120 students per class. It's a safe campus. You get out of it what you put into it. It's the only 4 year college in Sussex, Warren and Hunterdon, Somerset Counties. It's off the beaten path, that's OK if you like getting away from NJ metropolis. Majors aren't diverse, but the college is good at teaching what they've got. People are friendly, not stressed out. It's a small Liberal Arts college. Not great, not bad.
I loved the small homey environment. Everyone was warm and welcoming. I did an overnight stay at Centenary and I immediately felt as though I belonged. I was able to make one on one connections and even got to talk with some of the professors. I had a really great time and I enjoyed my experience. I have since committed to Centenary and can not wait to begin my new journey as a Cyclone.
Start Your Review of Centenary College - New Jersey
I like the small feel and most of the professor are able to teach well. What I dislike the most is that there is not a lot of internship and research opportunities.
I would like to see more food options. I like everything else about the school because they are very involved and the staff and faculty try to guide as much as they can. The upperclassmen also try to help and guide us to the right path.
I really love the campus and the people are totally sweet! Food could be better but classes and everything are totally amazing!
The majority of teachers are adjuncts so they don't put as much time and effort into the classes as they should. Some teachers will overload you with assignments from textbooks without actually teaching the class. However, there are a handful of teachers who actually care and will help you along the way.
I have been at Centenary for one semester and I absolutely love it! I am a commuter student so I thought it would be hard to make friends and transition from a community college, but to my surprise it has been so easy! The people that I have met so far have been some of the nicest people I have ever met. The school itself is small and my department is small, so it is easy to connect with people and professors. The professors in my department have been very helpful and friendly with everything and the professors do care about their students. They do want to help when you have a problem and do care about their students. There is a lot of work, but it actually teaches you and the lectures are very engaging due to the small class sizes. Even though I do live at home and commute, I do feel at home in this area and at this school.
First thing to Know is that Centenary University is running out of money at an astonishing rate and it shows. There is an ever-looming presence and threat of programs being cut. I majored in communications with a focus on television production, yet a majority of communications class and requirements spoke solely on journalism. If you believe Centenary might be a little too easy for you, don’t come here. I was astonished at the high caliber of dumb. My teachers spoke to me as if I was a child and lectured us on topics that were covered in 3rd grade.

If you have trouble sleeping with the constant sound of yelling outside your door, avoid being placed in Reeves Hall. And get used to the smell of weed.

Although, the campus is wonderful. If I could have walked around campus, but opened the doors of the buildings to a different university (like some Dr. Who, Tardis-thing), that would have been perfect.

Written regarding the semester of Fall 2017
Just starting bit I visited and did fresh start loved every bit it experience. This school is extremely diverse. The campus is beautiful it's small but very comfortable...
The campus is beautiful and so is the surrounding area. The professors are generally passionate about the subjects they teach and are often willing to work with students when they don't understand something or life throws something unexpected at them.
I have so fair have enjoyed my experience at Centenary College. It is a very nice school, especially the Equine Program that they offer. The teachers unlike at many other colleges, truly wants you to succeed in their class. They go out of their way to help you in and out of the class room. The thing that I would say needs to be changed is the freshman dorm rooms. Though they are working on redoing them, the freshman doors need work. Especially the bathrooms, they are falling apart and really need to me fixed up.
I feel like it's going to be fairly easy looking for a job after college. Career services are very experienced & great at what they do !
I have a good variety of courses . The class styles are easy to learn environments . The class size is usually perfect , but there are some classes where we have an overflow of kids & it makes it harder to learn.
The campus security is great , however I don't feel extremely safe all the time walking through campus at night or waiting for security to get to my location .
The apartments are the best place to live ! Reeves and smith get so dirty and aren't very comfortable to live in . However, Van winkle is not so bad.
Greek life is very active on campus, they help out with open houses and also plan school events . Non- Greek life usually look up to Greek life mad want to join a fraternity or sorority but they struggle to find time to fully dedicate themselves. We only have one Greek housing on campus so far and it's for the fraternity.
Start Your Review of Centenary College - New Jersey
We are a small school, but our school spirit is overwhelming ! We are very supportive of all varsity sports and show the same enthusiasm to each.
My School is a small family-oriented college, which is great,because everyone's knows everyone and no one ever has the chance to feel alone . No one is afraid to lend a helping hand or give advice . I love my school, because I am not a number , my professors know me by name and want me to succeed .
I just graduated from the Social Work program. The program is awesome! The Professors are all wonderful. The program is not easy, but it does prepare you to work in the field or to go on to Grad school. The Professors are very helpful with job leads before and after graduation. I would highly recommend anyone interested in Social Work to go to Centenary. I am 52 and was the oldest in my cohort, but I can honestly say everyone in my class graduated feeling confident going on to their next step. I had such a wonderful experience that I recommended to my son to go there and he will be going into the psycology program in the fall.