Centenary College - New Jersey Reviews

I only took one class here as a high school student, but I was unimpressed. My English professor didn't know what a hanging indent was and said that Edgar Allen Poe lived in the 18th century (She had a PhD). My classmates all seemed like they didn't want to be there and class discussions never went anywhere.
So far my experience at Centenary has changed greatly from when I first came in as a freshman. My freshman year I was thinking to myself that I made the wrong decision in coming to Centenary. I just was not happy. But, as I got myself involved in more activities and playing sports, it opened my eyes more in how much the school has to offer and how great the professors are especially in my major. Not only has being involved on campus helped me see how great of a school that Centenary is, but the staff and other students as well. Because Centenary is such a small school everyone literally knows everyone. Professors stay on top of their students more, such as always making sure students understand the material, helping with internship and job opportunities, and just being their for the student. Coming to Centenary is like being apart of a huge family. You are not seen as a number at this university, you are seen as someone that can have a good future after graduating.
profs were cool, easy classes. free parking and short walks to class. the campus was small and felt like HS. Its hard to make a lot of friends. This school is for a kid who isnt ready for college. The dorms were disgusting. There was mold and algae growing on shower curtains. They lacked water pressure because of the exponential scum that was on the showerhead. bathrooms are never clean, even after the staff left. they only mop the floor with dirty supplies and change the towels. dorm floors are dirty tilelike flooring with hair stuck in the wax. window screens fall out every time you open a window. furnaces are loud. Lacked a variety of food so you ate hard rice and soggy pasta with wateried down sauce everyday. Food swipes were weird in comparison to other schools. You can only swipe once per either breakfast lunch or dinner, only. Where other schools you can swipe as many as you have. the gym hours sucked and they closed randomly and its small. Other people had the same issues
Start Your Review of Centenary College - New Jersey
As a student I found that the school was very basic in its structure. But it also had a goal to make the students feel at home and that was evident with the small classroom settings. This gave me the chance to relate more with the professors and not feel like a number in a large crowd. My academic experience is fairly simlar to my high school, only more advance in terms of how it was taught and the subjects main objectives. Overall its not easy academically and the social is tamed to an extent in order to maintain control of the student.
The town it resides in is small and comfortable, which is why the campus may have a laid back feel to it. Personally I like going to this college, still there is not much in variety on campus.
I love the campus size and the closeness to the town. Everything is pretty much walking distance. The class sizes are small and the teachers really take time to get to know you.
Centenary University has great equine and business program. The teachers are amazing and well-rounded. The only problem is that if you aren't equine or business the college tends to lack. Also the staff and availability of things like the library or student resources is limited.
Centenary University is a great school. I am currently a sophomore and have loved every minute of being here. College is hard so no matter where a student chooses to go it is necessary to pick a place that feels like home. That is exactly Centenary a small, inclusive, and loving community that becomes your second family. Not to mention the natural beauty of the surrounding area, makes life at Cent all the more enjoyable.
I have yet to attend there, but I know from my college visit that it will e a college that I will love and make my success.
Basically it's a 4 year Community College with smaller classes. No more, no less. The Profs. are sincere about their trade and are happy they're not inundated with 120 students per class. It's a safe campus. You get out of it what you put into it. It's the only 4 year college in Sussex, Warren and Hunterdon, Somerset Counties. It's off the beaten path, that's OK if you like getting away from NJ metropolis. Majors aren't diverse, but the college is good at teaching what they've got. People are friendly, not stressed out. It's a small Liberal Arts college. Not great, not bad.
I loved the small homey environment. Everyone was warm and welcoming. I did an overnight stay at Centenary and I immediately felt as though I belonged. I was able to make one on one connections and even got to talk with some of the professors. I had a really great time and I enjoyed my experience. I have since committed to Centenary and can not wait to begin my new journey as a Cyclone.
I like the small feel and most of the professor are able to teach well. What I dislike the most is that there is not a lot of internship and research opportunities.
I would like to see more food options. I like everything else about the school because they are very involved and the staff and faculty try to guide as much as they can. The upperclassmen also try to help and guide us to the right path.
I really love the campus and the people are totally sweet! Food could be better but classes and everything are totally amazing!
The majority of teachers are adjuncts so they don't put as much time and effort into the classes as they should. Some teachers will overload you with assignments from textbooks without actually teaching the class. However, there are a handful of teachers who actually care and will help you along the way.
I have been at Centenary for one semester and I absolutely love it! I am a commuter student so I thought it would be hard to make friends and transition from a community college, but to my surprise it has been so easy! The people that I have met so far have been some of the nicest people I have ever met. The school itself is small and my department is small, so it is easy to connect with people and professors. The professors in my department have been very helpful and friendly with everything and the professors do care about their students. They do want to help when you have a problem and do care about their students. There is a lot of work, but it actually teaches you and the lectures are very engaging due to the small class sizes. Even though I do live at home and commute, I do feel at home in this area and at this school.
First thing to Know is that Centenary University is running out of money at an astonishing rate and it shows. There is an ever-looming presence and threat of programs being cut. I majored in communications with a focus on television production, yet a majority of communications class and requirements spoke solely on journalism. If you believe Centenary might be a little too easy for you, don’t come here. I was astonished at the high caliber of dumb. My teachers spoke to me as if I was a child and lectured us on topics that were covered in 3rd grade.

If you have trouble sleeping with the constant sound of yelling outside your door, avoid being placed in Reeves Hall. And get used to the smell of weed.

Although, the campus is wonderful. If I could have walked around campus, but opened the doors of the buildings to a different university (like some Dr. Who, Tardis-thing), that would have been perfect.

Written regarding the semester of Fall 2017
Just starting bit I visited and did fresh start loved every bit it experience. This school is extremely diverse. The campus is beautiful it's small but very comfortable...
Start Your Review of Centenary College - New Jersey
The campus is beautiful and so is the surrounding area. The professors are generally passionate about the subjects they teach and are often willing to work with students when they don't understand something or life throws something unexpected at them.
I have so fair have enjoyed my experience at Centenary College. It is a very nice school, especially the Equine Program that they offer. The teachers unlike at many other colleges, truly wants you to succeed in their class. They go out of their way to help you in and out of the class room. The thing that I would say needs to be changed is the freshman dorm rooms. Though they are working on redoing them, the freshman doors need work. Especially the bathrooms, they are falling apart and really need to me fixed up.
I feel like it's going to be fairly easy looking for a job after college. Career services are very experienced & great at what they do !