Cedar Valley College Reviews

Great place to study. Moderate size campuses. Variety of associates degree programs. Only DCCCD that offers an associates degree in veterinary technology.
Absolutely love this school. The staff is so informative and everybody is there to higher the education and learn everyday. I would like for them to get a football team so I can cheer them on on the weekends.
Cedar valley college has a healthy and cheerful environment. The professors love to teach their students. The food should have more variety instead of only having a Subway in the cafeteria.
Start Your Review of Cedar Valley College
I haven't started college here yet, but their website is layed out fantastically!! I can't wait to join this college. They are extermly cheap for all that they offer.
Love their opportunities and their long distant veterinary technician program. Communication long distances is poor .
They have great professors that show and tell you the real information. Overall it is a great environment and pretty cool place.
The environment is nice, everyone is helpful and kind. Violence is not an issue. The professors are really dedicated to helping you in your journey. They are accessible to you for whenever you may need them. I enjoy being at the school and learning new things.
i would like to see more involvement on the staffs part. I felt like i was paying for them to tell me to go to tutoring. the on-campus food is non-existent. the library is tiny. everything is unorganized in work areas.
Cedar Valley is an asset to all of southern Dallas County. The teachers are excellent, the course offerings are plentiful, and its affordable. If you are a younger student or a professional looking to change careers, Cedar Valley College is the place to start.
I am extremely please at the process and communication with the administration a both institution and program level. The availability of distant learning courses is immense. Their Veterinary Technogy program is thorough concise and transferrable
They help students a lot on their academics.Loved the professors, campus, cafeteria, the diversity, and the school as a whole.
This is where I started after high school and I must say I really enjoyed my time here. I completed my associates in arts and I am graduating in just a few weeks. What I'll miss the most about this college is the people - my professors and classmates are so friendly and very supportive. The professors will be there to answer any questions you may have and will help you understand the topic. As long as you do the work and keep track of your assignments you will pass with as "A" in your classes. If you talk to your professor ahead of time about missing a class in the future they will work with you to make up for due dates and attendance. I recommend new high school graduates to enroll into this college as a easy and cheap start to get ahead with your basic classes.
I really like that the classes at Cedar Valley are small because you are really able to engage with the professor instead of being in a huge class. All of the professors I've had are very interested in the student's academic success and are there for all the help that you need.
I am an international student at CVC. CVC has an excellent academic background with well qualified faculties and student friendly environmnet.
I attend a high school that allows us to receive an associated degree when we graduate from high school. Because of this program we spend our time at the college with teachers that don't necessarily have to care about our grades. This school is good for warming you up to what it would be at a four-year university, but I wouldn't think of it anymore than the first step.
I go to Cedar Valley as a Dual Credit student from a high school. Cedar Valley has given me the opportunity to do something that wasn't even heard of years ago which is graduating with a high school and associates' degree.
I really enjoyed going to Cedar Valley College. It's close to my home (walking distance) and also close to my job. This school is really great with education. The professors make sure that you understand the syllabi and also if your having a hard time with homework there are people there to help.
Start Your Review of Cedar Valley College
There are some things that need to be improved and that is the environment of the school. To me every time that I attend I feel gloomy since the people do not communicate with each other and is rather lonely looking. However, I do love that there's a lake and some, what I believe is, water fountains. It is very beautiful.
Overall, my time in Cedar Valley College was a very rigorous, yet amazing experience that one could ever ask for. The professors are overall great, yet set a high standard for all students to follow, and the entire set up of the community college overall is one that someone could get lost in for a few minutes if they are not the best with directions. The environment is overall great, despite the fact that the lake is considered to be very polluted and consumed with algae. In summary, looks may be deceiving, but Cedar Valley College is the best community college experience that one could ask for.
I am enrolled in the Distant Learning Program and at times I feel like I am forgotten about because I am not able to go to the school and ask for help in person. I would change to communication between the students themselves and between the student and their advisor. I have not be told about any study services or discussion forums for other online students. A lot of communication is by email which can be frustrating when trying to get some immediate help.

I would like to feel like the Distant Learning Students are part of a community. After admission, there should be resources given to help students connect to one another for study purposes.There was no orientation available to get accustomed to an online program. I think there should be an assigned advisor to help navigate through the course. Then there would be a consistent person you can contact with any questions or concerns.