Catholic University of America Reviews

Not a terrible school, but could definitely be better.
The food is absolutely terrible and is barely open. There are barely any options on campus (only one dining hall and the food court is only open from 11-7 on weekdays and typically closes early as the workers do not like to work).
The business school is new and up and coming. I have had wonderful, caring teachers and learning in a small class size make learning great.
I'm having an "average" time at CUA. One of my favorite things is definitely that its a DC school and DC is a really fun place to hang out at. The people are nice and the majority of my teachers are really. But I'm not connecting that much with the school, mostly because I commute. While people are nice, it's definitely awkward in some classes and I don't really feel like I belong. But I understand that this is only my first semester and there's still time for it to be better. However, there's one thing I don't like about the campus which is the lack of diversity. I'm hispanic and come from a very diverse area. At my high school the majority of us were Hispanic or African American. All of my best friends are minorities. So coming here is definitely a new type of environment for me. Academically, my classes are going really well. I'm really loving the business school in particular (I'm a marketing major).
It's great! The campus life is amazing! There are so many different ways to get involved, from clubs to service opportunities. The campus itself is so beautiful, and it actually has the most privately owned green space in DC! The fact that it's in DC is great because that means endless opportunities for internships and jobs.
Start Your Review of Catholic University of America
I like Catholic Universities campus. It is located in Washington D.C. and there are plenty of things to do, but there are not many things to do on campus. The academics are very good and the teachers want you to succeed.
THE Catholic University of America, is a school unlike any other. With a fairly small to mid-sized population they offer expansive programs fora multitude of disciplines. Diversity on the campus is growing, with a population lacking minorities it certainly is not closed off from others. the have alliances for any race and encourage new clubs to be created as the student population finds fit. Being Located in Washington D.C there is no lack of activities for those attending this school. With a metro system right on the campus its only a 10 minute ride into the city. The City is full of attractions consisting of restaurants, museums, outdoor festivities (concerts, festivals, etc.)
Catholic University of America is unique among all of the country’s Catholic colleges and universities in that we are the national university of the Catholic Church in the United States chartered by the Holy See and founded by the Catholic bishops.
The University is located in the heart of Washington, D.C.
From the D.C. Metrorail system, adjacent to campus, you're just a 10-minute Metrorail ride from Capitol Hill, the Smithsonian Institution, Supreme Court, Library of Congress, and Union Station.
Am holder of an advance level Gce certificate in economics and history my father taxi driver my mother household am the last of about 6 familiy am from a low background family of abt 8 memb r
I the campus. It is safe and clean and a great distance from the city. So many opportunities and things to do!
The Unversity was very motivating and assistive in helping me to follow my career path from the begininng of college to freshan year of medical school.
Good university, gorgeous campus and very good with the financial aid. i strongly recommend the catholic university
Great school! Wonderful Professors and a beautiful campus. D3 sports there are highly competitive. Can't beat DC for internships.
At CUA I like how I am able to do various programs, and see and do things in DC. The school is very costly though, but the campus is a very nice thing to come to everyday and very prestigious. The cons are that we are not allowed to party on campus and the D.C cops always bust our other parties.
I think The Catholic University of America is a great institution with a lot to offer in terms of education, resources, and campus life. When you step onto campus you don't feel like you are in a major metropolitan area but you can hop on the metro and within minutes you are in the heart of our Nations Capital. Most students are very friendly and the faculty and staff are the same. The dining is fantastic and the staff behind them is even better. I feel safe and secure in the dorms as well as comfortable. Overall I'd give this school a 10/10.
The academics are great, especially the political science department, internship opportunities are amazing in DC, and the professors seem to care. However, the small campus, small student body, and gross food are not good.
I like that Catholic University is a closed campus that is still in proximity to Washington, D.C. With our own metro stop and our own version of a "main street," Monroe Street, I feel like CUA is the perfect place to go to college in DC. The academics are reputable, and the people who attend and work at this school are kind-hearted. One thing I would like to see change is more diversity on the racial, religious, and political spectrums. I also would change the food options--they are limited and repetitive, and are overall subpar.
The social work program is great and I love being in DC. I don't think the dining options are that great. The dorm I live in is ok. Generally underwhelmed by CUA.
Catholic was one of the best experiences ever, the professors and staff are super caring and educated. Campus is clean and a good vibe is transmitted once you enter.
Start Your Review of Catholic University of America
It is an amazing place. The classic college campus but with our own metro stop we are only 5 minutes from the Capitol and the heart of DC ( you can actually see the Capitol from some buildings). There are support and interest groups on everything from swing dancing to latin to ultimate frisbee. We also have a lot of focus on student mental health, student visits to the counseling center are free for the first 45 sessions. The one thing that could be changed is that it the neighborhood is not the best and it is not reccommended that you go off campus at night (although since we are right on the metro this isnt really a problem, we just go into the city). We have metropolitan police as our campus security so campus itself is very safe.
Washington DC is a great place to go school, plenty of opportunities for internships, work and new experiences. Catholic has the best of both worlds--closeknit campus where your professors know you in the middle of a great city. Metro stop is right on campus, campus has plenty of green space, dorms are decent and the professors do care. My only criticism is the food--the Meal Plan food is below par.
Catholic University is a great University. It has a well rounded student body and faculty and staff is very welcoming. There are groups and clubs available for almost anything you can think of and if they don't have one you like it is easy to create one. The classes are challenging and designed to promote success and the teachers are always available to help when needed. They have great athletic programs and the coaches are willing to work around school schedules for practices. The food is not the best, but they do have many options and a food court with many different restaurants to choose from.