Catawba Valley Community College Reviews

My time at CVCC was very successful. I was able to finish my Associates degree in the two year period with no problems. The academic staff are knowledgeable and work with the students and want them to be successful. In addition the move from student to professional is also an easy transition with the help of the work placement group at CVCC. All the staff from the business office to the lady who works in the canteen are supportive of the student body.
It's got a beautiful campus and great programs. Enrolling is simple with the generous help of the offices.
i love this school. this is my second time graduating from this school. the staff in the business office and the student services are so helpful! i was thinking about going into nursing and i didn't have to wait long to talk to an advisor about it. she answered all of my questions and gave me so much information on it. i also had questions about financial aid. so i talked to someone in that department and didn't have to wait long either. she gave me tips and tricks on how to fill out my fasfa.
Review Catawba Valley Community College
The school may seem a little big but its very easy to get around. The staff and students are extremely kind and helpful.
I graduated with an Associate's in Science, it was a transfer degree that enables us to have an easier time transferring to 4 year universities.The advisors here aren't as interested in finding out what program we are planning on majoring in at our future university; which can be very important to be able to match up the classes we need - to ensure we have all needed pre-requisite program requirements met before we can get accepted into our program of study.I also had to take their college student success course 2 times (even though I made a B the first time) because the curriculum for the course had changed within the 4 years since I had taken the course & I had to pay for it again.The math course I was first placed in, was also no longer being taught by the time I was supposed to graduate & was not able to be used to meet any program requirements,so I was forced to take an extra math course.The professors here are either amazing or horrible,there's not many that were in between.
It was a smooth process.
It was an okay experience.
I want to further my career.
I recommend this school to everyone!
I learn something new everyday, in and out of class.
I love my school!
The classes I have needed to take have always been available. In fact when the only section of a microbiology class I needed was full, a teacher who had originally decided not to teach any more classes, saw the need and opened another section. Because of that I didn't have to take the harder, more advanced microbiology class to fulfill my course requirement.
I personally enjoy the class room setting because I like the face to face interaction with other people. That being said the online class I have taken was informative and easy to navigate.
I haven't used the career center services personally but from what I've heard they are very helpful and knowledgeable there
There are a wide range of classes available including several classes for people who just want to develop their interests such as pottery, photography, and painting. They have computer classes for people, like me, who need some extra help and continuing education courses for folks who are looking into starting new a different careers. I am particularly excited about my program because it has a simulated hospital that I think will really help me solidify what I'll be learning in a practical way.
The job placement service at CVCC is great and the program I'm going into has an excellent percentage of folks who have jobs secured before they graduate.
I will be entering into my program of study this fall so I don't know what the coursework will be like just yet but everything I have heard sounds promising. The graduation rate is 100% and the majority of the students in the program last year had jobs before they graduated. I expect the course work will be heavy but I believe it will only be whats necessary.
Review Catawba Valley Community College
I have attended bigger schools and and smaller schools in my pursuit for higher education and I have to honestly say that CVCC is "just right." It has all the necessary amenities that one needs such as a computer lab and library with a knowledgeable staff. The admission process was quick and effortless and everyone seemed genuinely interested in my education. The teachers are approachable and interested in their students' success. One of my teachers in particular was always willing to listen whenever I had the least little concern about my schoolwork, and my concerns outside the classroom as well. I would recommend this campus to anyone looking for a college with a more personal feel, and far less expensive than most universities.
The workload is heavy and it is expected to be done at the best of your abilities. The curriculum is helpful because they provide courses that help in both writing and mathematics: two important things for a science major. The facilities are typical. They provide both seated classrooms and computer classrooms. They also have a writing center and tutoring center.
I like CVCC however I wish there was more of a community feeling