Catawba Valley Community College Reviews

Catawba Valley Community College is a great place to further your education on a budget. The classes provided are proficient and well-paced. Most of the faculty and staff are respectful and knowledgeable about their subject.
Overall experience is decent in terms of what your expecting from a community college. If your plan is to transfer from a community college to a university, this is probably the community college you'll want to go to.
I've had an overall positive experience at CVCC. All of my professors were patient and skilled at teaching a variety of students. It's very easy to make meaningful connections with the staff here. Most students are very driven and on-task. ALSO, don't worry if you've forgotten your lunch because CVCC will provide one for you in our "Hawk's Nest". This is where we keep food free-of-charge for students who don't have any.
Start Your Review of Catawba Valley Community College
CVCC treats everyone like family. There are so many resources for tutoring or just finding someone to help you in which ever course needs attention. Professors are respectful, helpful and understanding on a daily. If CVCC could become a 4-year and build housing for students it would be great.
CVCC is a very diverse community college with tons of options for students. They have online courses, campus courses, choices of internships, work study programs, etc. There are always people willing to help you and I love that everything is web based. It's easy to register for classes and take control of your studies.
My experience at Catawba Valley Community College was very good. The professors that I've had during my two years, helped me reach my academic goals so that I could pursue higher education at a different university. Resources were constantly offered to help achieve academic success.
My experience at the community college was great. It is very diverse. I loved the teachers that I had. I learned a lot and achieved a lot. I also made lots of friends.
Catawba Valley Community College is a fantastic way to transition from a high school to a college lifestyle. CVCC offers a wide range of classes. The class sizes are small enough that each student has an opportunity to know their professor and meet with them one-on-one. I have saved thousands of dollars by attending CVCC instead of a 4 year university, and I feel that I was just as educated and knowledgeable at CVCC as I would have been at any other college or university.
Catawba Valley Community College is a very good school with a wide variety of programs to pursue. I am going to graduate with my Associates of Arts transfer degree, but I have had many friends and family members who have gone to school here and enjoyed it. It is a really great place to get your basics in and transfer to a four year school. It has saved me so much money and has allowed me to take various classes for the two years that I have been there.
Well, I have been duel-enrolled at CVCC for the past two years as I finish my high school education. I have loved the experience there thus far. They have helped me get through the struggles that my kerataconus puts me through.
I got into a great program that basically made my first semesters tuition-free.
I am working on an associates degree so that I can transfer to a four-year college with half of a bachelors degree at a fraction of the cost.
The college is very friendly and helpful with any questions you may have. They have a plethora of information and resources on their easy-to-use website.
Catawba Valley Community College is a wonderful school. Small classes and hands on instructors make for a personalized education.
As a student I really like Catawba Community College because the teachers here really cares about the students's education goals and would try to help the students reach their goals. I also like the students and friends that I have met at this college they are very kind and nice people.
Catawba Valley Community College has been an excellent first home for me so far. It is my first year as a college student and they have made things very simplistic for me. Each staff member understands that I am a freshman and I have plenty of questions, but that does not bother them one bit. I was handle with care when it came to registration for the Fall 2017 semester and all my questions were answered about not only classes but financial aid as well as safety and the transfer process. They work around your schedule and make sure you are not overloaded with classes each semester. This is a huge plus when thinking about how often college kids are pressured into taking many classes at a time to finish their degree. CVCC has an outstanding environment and I am beyond glad to say I am apart of one amazing community.
My time at CVCC was very successful. I was able to finish my Associates degree in the two year period with no problems. The academic staff are knowledgeable and work with the students and want them to be successful. In addition the move from student to professional is also an easy transition with the help of the work placement group at CVCC. All the staff from the business office to the lady who works in the canteen are supportive of the student body.
It's got a beautiful campus and great programs. Enrolling is simple with the generous help of the offices.
Start Your Review of Catawba Valley Community College
i love this school. this is my second time graduating from this school. the staff in the business office and the student services are so helpful! i was thinking about going into nursing and i didn't have to wait long to talk to an advisor about it. she answered all of my questions and gave me so much information on it. i also had questions about financial aid. so i talked to someone in that department and didn't have to wait long either. she gave me tips and tricks on how to fill out my fasfa.
The school may seem a little big but its very easy to get around. The staff and students are extremely kind and helpful.
I graduated with an Associate's in Science, it was a transfer degree that enables us to have an easier time transferring to 4 year universities.The advisors here aren't as interested in finding out what program we are planning on majoring in at our future university; which can be very important to be able to match up the classes we need - to ensure we have all needed pre-requisite program requirements met before we can get accepted into our program of study.I also had to take their college student success course 2 times (even though I made a B the first time) because the curriculum for the course had changed within the 4 years since I had taken the course & I had to pay for it again.The math course I was first placed in, was also no longer being taught by the time I was supposed to graduate & was not able to be used to meet any program requirements,so I was forced to take an extra math course.The professors here are either amazing or horrible,there's not many that were in between.