Catawba College Reviews

While, there are many good things that Catawba offers, there are some things (dining services, activities, etc.) that need improvement.
Catawba is a small campus, but still they offer so much to the students. The school as a whole is like a family. Everyone is very accepting of others and that makes it a great environment for anyone who attends the college. Classes are small which makes it easy to learn. Professors are always willing to take the time to make sure you really understand and to help you if needed.
As a first generation college student, I had no idea what I was about to get myself into when I decided to come to Catawba College, but I quickly found out that it would be a very enjoyable experience. I have had a great time in all of my classes and each professor has been wonderful with both their teaching and care for each student. There are plenty of clubs and organizations to get involved in. I decided to join the Student Government Association and was recently elected as student body President, as well as one of the men's organizations on campus that focuses on service to the college and community. There are dozens of other great clubs to be a part of and all welcome new students.
Review Catawba College
I attended Catawba from 1982-1986. I believe I received a quality education. I had a great experience with faculty, staff and students. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The cost was very reasonable. Of course the cost has gone up throughout the years as to be expected. There is so much to be said for a small private school. You receive so much one on one support if needed. I highly recommend this school. One of my former church members attended recently and had so many praises for Catawba. I believe everyone who chooses to attend will be pleased with the education, atmosphere and people.
My experience at Catawba College has been tremendously great. The people and teachers are superior here and are willing to help you through academic struggles or even personal struggles; because they really care about their students. Another positive of this college is that the campus is a reasonable size and you will not get lost. On the other hand there are some little things that this college needs to work on, such as having a better wi-fi that will work for everybody and it will not kick you off of the wi-fi. Another thing that could be improved is the food they serve in the cafe, they could use more variety and add flavor to their food. Their are positives and negatives to any college you attend too, although the overview of Catawba College I would strongly recommend enrolling in this four-year college because of their excellent assistance, beautiful small campus, and all of the academic opportunities.
I think the school itself is very good. The professors are great and you will learn a lot more than just your area of study. Since the whole goal of going to college is to further your education, I believe Catawba College is a great place to go. However, there is not much of a party scene at Catawba, which doesn't bother me personally, but I know it is important to some people. Also, the faculty will claim to help you out whenever you need them to, but I don't believe that. They tell you to go to the financial aid office to ask about more scholarships, just so they can tell you the college won't give you anymore money. Overall, the college is very good for academics, but you will feel alone.
What I love about Catawba is the community. Before going there, I never had a support system, but with all the students, professors and staff, I never have that problem.
I love Catawba. It is a small, private, liberal arts college. It has small class sizes and they are personal. The campus has a home- Like feeling and truly you get to know everyone really quickly. However, this can sometimes be a downside as there aren't tons of people to meet. And the caf food isn't that great at all.
I love how the professors make it their priority to know every student they have. They want every student to be the best they can be without any other side bar thoughts.
If you want a small schools and catawba offers your major, it is the perfect place for you. All individuals whether the faculty, the staff, or the students want you to succeed. Catawba is a home where one learns, challenge themselves and expands their world in and outside of the classroom.
Catawba College is a great small college that fit me. If you like small intimate classes with professors who are dedicated and care about their students academic success, then this is the school for you. I had a great experience at Catawba and I recommend it to anyone interested in a small private school. You become like family with students and faculty. The professors are very nice and always willing to help you gain understanding and knowledge in whatever subject you are taking. Blacks were the minority, but it did not matter, because race was not an issue with students or faculty. We all got along and helped each other in times of need. When schools are small you appreciate the closeness and individual attention from the professors. I highly recommend this great school.
Participating in college athletics takes a lot of time from you so you really cant give a good review when you still know only so little about the school.
I loved the landscape of Catawba College: the cathedral, the library, and the Environmental Building. All of the staff and students were very welcoming. There is a plethora of activities and courses to explore on a regular basis.
This is my first year attending Catawba, I can honestly say so far my experience has been great! Although I do wish professors should communicate with their students more, I understand it is our responsibility to go to the professors for any questions. There is a great amount of diversity, I already have a couple friends from parts of around the world, from Mexico, India, to Brazil and etc. I do not stay on campus, but I do have have who stay in dorms. Dorms are pretty big, and look comfy. Because Catawba is a private school, it is quite expensive, but by applying quick, they do give many scholarships!
So far I am enjoying the school! The professors are involved and the campus is beautiful. The party scene is a little slow and the caf isn't the best food, but overall a nice school with nice people.
Security constantly patrols t he campus
The school has many job contacts from alumni
Review Catawba College
It easy access to classes
I am not involved in the Greek life.
There is not much support from students for women