Castleton University Reviews

As an alum of Castleton University, I am proud to tell others about where I went to school. Castleton is a school where you know your professors, know the staff, and even know the president. While the school may be small, it has a big heart and has only improved and grown since I graduated. I'm always happy to recommend Castleton!
Castleton is truly “the small university with a big heart”. In my time at Castleton, I had the opportunity to be part of the Spartan family in many ways. I graduated in the Spring of 2017 with a B.S. in Biology. The science department, like other departments, was a close-knit group. The small classroom sizes allowed each student to get the individual attention they needed to succeed. At Castleton, you’re not just a number, you’re a person. Professors know your name, have conversations with you, and even go to sporting events to show their support.
Castleton offers numerous majors, athletics, and clubs, making it appealing to those who want to do it all.
Castleton gave me an great college experience. I was able to participate in clubs, meet many friends, and build lasting relationships with my professors. I value the education I received at CU and the opportunities it gave me. It allowed me to reach my goal of getting into graduate school and receiving a graduate degree.
Start Your Review of Castleton University
Castleton University is a small school located in central Vermont. Surrounded by mountains, this institution combines the beauty of Vermont scenery with advanced technologies throughout campus. As an alum of the Natural Sciences Department, the small student-faculty ratio allowed me to easily get to know both the faculty and my peers, while presenting opportunities such as undergraduate research. The commitment to the students is overwhelmingly evident, fostering an environment fit for success. I would not change a thing about my undergraduate years, other than I wish I could have stayed longer.
I loved this school. Despite being a small school, it offers everything that you would want or expect from a school triple the size. The faculty in every department cares and clearly loves what they are doing. They get to know you on a personal level. The professors care if you are doing well and want to see you succeed in their class. The campus is beautiful.
Castleton is a wonderful school, especially if you're looking to be more than just a number. Class sizes are small and professors are always willing to meet and get to know students. If you are looking for a huge school with a crazy social scene and lots of bars and restaurants close by, this may not be the place for you. If you are looking for a lot of outdoor opportunities such as hiking, swimming, skiing; Castleton is perfect. The campus is small, quiet, and easy to navigate. Faculty and staff are kind and always willing to help. Overall a really wonderful school.
Castleton University is a great school for anyone looking for a small and close knit community. Since each department is so small, you really get to know everybody and it creates a sense of belonging. The academics are quite good and the professors seem like they want to be there. The only real complaint is the food. I personally, have had some bad luck with food not being palatable in the main dining hall, but there are different options on campus that make up for it. Other then that slight complication, Castleton University is a great school.
Castleton has a big heart. The food needs much improvement, the dorms depending on where you stay are ok, the older ones require maintenance. The facilities overall need maintenance. Classes may not happen due to low enrollment.
Small school with a big heart is what it is. Professors are great and classes aren't too big. But there are a few problems with the school: The dining hall is terrible and this year we are stuck here till the 23rd, also professors are easy on work until finals then they give you so much work that you won't sleep for a whole week
The classes are very small and so enjoyable to be in, and if your'e an athlete it is awesome to work around your schedule and spend a lot of time playing. The school is incredibly small and takes a total of 5 min to walk to our furthest class. There is nothing to do in a walking distance, you definitely need a car to get to Rutland or to anything really.
I am receiving an awesome education so far, and I am sure I will continue to do so. The professors are all very competent and are always available to answer any questions that one may have. I would definitely recommend coming here if you're looking for great academics.
I'm an international student, and this year there's 30 of us. There is not a whole lot of diversity on campus but we are all accepted and loved, and people are very curious about our countries and want to know more. Castleton is trying to raise the number of international students every year and I think that's an awesome idea.
Yeah, people drink and do drugs, we're in college. I have a medical condition that prevents me from doing both and I have never felt judged or compelled to take part in any of that. The parties are either out of campus or in the farthest places available (Hockey house, I've heard), so they do not make any difference in the life of people that do not take part in them. If you wanna go, cool, if you don't, nobody cares.
I'm only a freshman so I haven't really been on the lookout yet, however I feel very confident in my opportunities of getting a job that I love after completing an education at Castleton.
I am in love with Castleton! It's a beautiful campus where you can get a top quality education in an amazing place (Vermont is so gorgeous) and everybody is so friendly there. The professors are great and they care so much about your personal success. Would 100% recommend.
Our Wellness Center is amazing, the people there are extremely qualified and helpful and will be ready to help you out with just about anything. We have free counseling available without any limits, meaning that you can go in once a week, or more if you need to, without paying. I'm an international student and this really surprised me, there is no such thing as free counseling where I'm from (and it's good quality counseling, too).

Public Safety is amazing. They are open 24/7 and they are so good at what they do, they have cars and vans and they will pick you up from just about anywhere if you're in trouble. I feel extremely safe on campus.
I love living on campus. I live in South House (the wellness/substance free housing) and it's a great option. I'm in a very spacious suite, in a room that would be a triple but is used as a double. I know some buildings are pretty old but ours is one of the newest and I would 100% recommend living here.
Start Your Review of Castleton University
I am not an athlete, or a sports person for that matter, but some of my friends are and I only hear great things about athletics. The teams are very strongly bound and the school loves them. We all love attending the games and have a lot of Spartan pride! The facilities are great, and all the students are welcome to use them.
I am an international student and I think I could not have made a better choice. The professors are amazing, the students are really welcoming and friendly and whenever you are in trouble there is always someone to help. Castleton is making me fall in love with the United States!
Castleton is a small school so employers who haven't heard of it or who farm from top tier schools may not hire, but anyone who knows Castleton professors or students would absolutely hire.