Case Western Reserve University Reviews

1,580 reviews
Most of the classes I've taken here are high quality and the professors are generally good at what they do (this is from a student who's taking mostly language and literature-type courses). However, I feel like that the cost for room and board are way overpriced for what they offer.
Overall, Case is an excellent research-based university. Professors are passionate in both teachings and in their research.
Case Western Reserve University provides students with endless opportunities. Their motto, "Think Beyond the Possible" stands true in every aspect. The university brings actors and famous individuals who have made a difference in the community along with producing shows, novels, etc. There are events and clubs for every type of student to participate in while achieving academic success.
Start Your Review of Case Western Reserve University
Case is a great school for academic reasons; however, the food is TERRIBLE, it is not safe at all (East Cleveland is similar to Detroit), and it is not organized in any fashion whatsoever.
I loved the think box and the beautiful campus. I also like that it is in the city of Cleveland because it gives me access to many important resources and opportunities.
Houston AA Campus is very welcoming and homey. Such a close knit group, who wouldn't want to be apart of it.
Very smart people hear. My previous high school teacher went to this school and told me that there is a lot of opportunities, academically, for research and otherwise.
Coming into Case has been a great experience. Overall the school is a great place to learn, and though difficult there is always a person or resource to turn to. Life is full of activities, and people are not all stuck in their books, at least on weekends. The school feels very much like a community of its own at times, but I can also feel like a part of Cleveland and enjoy downtown with ease.
What I love most about Case is the general attitude around failure. There hasn't been a single class I've been in during my first three years at the university where messing up hasn't been celebrated as unanimously as succeeding has. What I've noticed, is that professors here especially are really concerned with the way you learn from your mistakes. Getting something right the first time is always what we'll hope for ourselves, but the professors here at CWRU understand that we're in a highly competitive environment. Not everyone is going to come in first place. So they take the time to foster an environment where failure is seen as the first step to success. And it's made me a better, more competitive, more curious, and well rounded student. I'll always be grateful to CWRU for helping me learn as an adult that it doesn't matter how many times you fail as long as you figure out why it happened and allow yourself to move forward.
I liked the atmosphere as a whole. I love the nursing program, and how it starts clinicals within 3 weeks.
Case is filled with resources available to astute students who utilize them. Professors in small classes feel human, filled with personality and interest in the students. I would like to see professors who teach in lecture halls to either be more passionate about the subject they teach or at least act less robotic.
This is an excellent university and produces successful and driven alum. Their graduate programs are far better than their undergraduate programs, especially financially. It is not a good bang for your buck unless you are getting a doctoral level degree.
My experience at Case Western has been a great one. The campus culture is one of the most inviting that I have ever seen. The professors and faculty as well as the students help everyone feel at home there!
Great School with small classes and nice people. I am so excited to be enrolled in CWRU. It has great professors and fantastic undergraduate program.
Fine schools. On-campus employment to international students is very unfriendly. Faculty is not very responsible because most professors are focusing on research, it is important to learn these by myself. EECS department is really underfunded.
Academics are fantastic, but social life, athletics, and campus are horrible. If you are looking for a traditional college experience do not come here
I transferred to Case Western Reserve University after my freshman year. While I found it difficult to fit in at first, I soon began to call this place my home and found my college family. Go Material Science!
Start Your Review of Case Western Reserve University
Case Western is such a great school. Case is very focused on academics, and the professors are very devoted to helping students learn. The atmosphere of the campus is great as well. Everyone is very friendly, and it blows me away. The campus is also extremely diverse, which I love. Case is very proud of its diverse campus and continually works hard to ensure that it remains a safe campus for students from any background. It is a great school, and I always feel safe. I would recommend it to anyone.
I loved the campus feel of the University yet it is surrounded by the city. So many opportunities with Case Western. The people I came in contact with were probably the friendliest of all my 20+ college tours.
Amazing academics and very friendly students. This is a small and rigorous school and is much like you would expect it to be. If you want a quiet environment just for school work you can have that and if you want to be involved in a bunch of clubs and party you can do that too.