Case Western Reserve University Reviews

1,584 reviews
Case Western has the best professors and they actually get to know you. The diversity and intelligence on the campus is incredible.
Case is a great school with great people. However, the school has no school spirit and everyone always talks down on the school
I chose Case Western for my undergraduate education to pursue nursing, as the Frances Payne Bolton Nursing School is in the Top 10 in the country. When I visited the campus for the first time in snowy January 2015 from Phoenix, Arizona, my mind had a culture shock. Despite the weather (which I am now used to), I fell in love with Case and the nursing school because of the commitment to intelligence and hands-on learning. When I was in my second week of college ever, I was in the hospital interacting with patients. I even helped save someone's life before my first semester ended. Case shows so much dedication to its students and professors take the time to work with every individual. I have never regretted my decision coming here, and found so many opportunities-- such as working at the Cleveland Clinic and as a camp counselor-- along the way.
Start Your Review of Case Western Reserve University
Wide range of course and extracurricular opportunities. It was great to be able to try new activities and new educational experiences, while finding the career path for me.
Most of the classes I've taken here are high quality and the professors are generally good at what they do (this is from a student who's taking mostly language and literature-type courses). However, I feel like that the cost for room and board are way overpriced for what they offer.
Overall, Case is an excellent research-based university. Professors are passionate in both teachings and in their research.
Case Western Reserve University provides students with endless opportunities. Their motto, "Think Beyond the Possible" stands true in every aspect. The university brings actors and famous individuals who have made a difference in the community along with producing shows, novels, etc. There are events and clubs for every type of student to participate in while achieving academic success.
Case is a great school for academic reasons; however, the food is TERRIBLE, it is not safe at all (East Cleveland is similar to Detroit), and it is not organized in any fashion whatsoever.
I loved the think box and the beautiful campus. I also like that it is in the city of Cleveland because it gives me access to many important resources and opportunities.
Houston AA Campus is very welcoming and homey. Such a close knit group, who wouldn't want to be apart of it.
Very smart people hear. My previous high school teacher went to this school and told me that there is a lot of opportunities, academically, for research and otherwise.
Coming into Case has been a great experience. Overall the school is a great place to learn, and though difficult there is always a person or resource to turn to. Life is full of activities, and people are not all stuck in their books, at least on weekends. The school feels very much like a community of its own at times, but I can also feel like a part of Cleveland and enjoy downtown with ease.
What I love most about Case is the general attitude around failure. There hasn't been a single class I've been in during my first three years at the university where messing up hasn't been celebrated as unanimously as succeeding has. What I've noticed, is that professors here especially are really concerned with the way you learn from your mistakes. Getting something right the first time is always what we'll hope for ourselves, but the professors here at CWRU understand that we're in a highly competitive environment. Not everyone is going to come in first place. So they take the time to foster an environment where failure is seen as the first step to success. And it's made me a better, more competitive, more curious, and well rounded student. I'll always be grateful to CWRU for helping me learn as an adult that it doesn't matter how many times you fail as long as you figure out why it happened and allow yourself to move forward.
I liked the atmosphere as a whole. I love the nursing program, and how it starts clinicals within 3 weeks.
Case is filled with resources available to astute students who utilize them. Professors in small classes feel human, filled with personality and interest in the students. I would like to see professors who teach in lecture halls to either be more passionate about the subject they teach or at least act less robotic.
This is an excellent university and produces successful and driven alum. Their graduate programs are far better than their undergraduate programs, especially financially. It is not a good bang for your buck unless you are getting a doctoral level degree.
My experience at Case Western has been a great one. The campus culture is one of the most inviting that I have ever seen. The professors and faculty as well as the students help everyone feel at home there!
Start Your Review of Case Western Reserve University
Great School with small classes and nice people. I am so excited to be enrolled in CWRU. It has great professors and fantastic undergraduate program.
Fine schools. On-campus employment to international students is very unfriendly. Faculty is not very responsible because most professors are focusing on research, it is important to learn these by myself. EECS department is really underfunded.
Academics are fantastic, but social life, athletics, and campus are horrible. If you are looking for a traditional college experience do not come here