Casa Loma College Reviews

The school was timely with distributing needed materials such as online curriculum and textbooks. The professors and professional resource officers are very knowledgeable and experienced, and their insights have been a tremendous help.
Ive worked with this school for approx. 7 years. I have never met a more dedicated group of people. We truly are student focused and not money focused. You can call other colleges and they give the run around. We are straight forward and upfront about the school and services we provide. We are more of a family environment and there is no where else I would rather be
Casa Loma College is dedicated to providing the highest standard of education, service, and excellence in the disciplines of allied health. Our programs are designed to respond to the changing needs of our students by creating effective means of instruction that expand access to learning and provide opportunities for adults to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to achieve their professional goals.
Start Your Review of Casa Loma College
A little disorganized. But overall good.......................................................................................................!
What is great about this school is it allows me to get my associates in ultrasound. I do not have to do 2 years of prerequisites and still be put on a waiting list that can take up to 5 years or maybe more depending on how competitive the program is. Since I have a bachelors already, I can take the national exam after I graduate and become certified without having to work a full year in that field and then I can take the national exam for accreditation. The school over all is affordable due to the loans I received but I was not able to get any free grants and I am currently under temporary work but due to my last year which focuses on getting ready for my 6 month externship, working part time is impossible and therefor money will be tight.
The learning experience is great, but the staff, students and teachers can be biased and sometimes it shows in front of the students.
There is one person in charge of trying to find a job for each student in that program. However, the chances of a student receiving a job from an externship is fairly high.
I love having a different experience of online learning because it allows for more anonymity with the other students, which can put off the pressure of messing up. The teacher communicated well with emails and if necessary phone conferences.
The professors are professional and well versed in their specialties. I do feel like the lab tests that are graded subjectively, with certain students getting better grades than others.
After the program is complete, there is a placement coordinator who will work with the students to fix resumes and to try and search for jobs available to them.
I have learned all sorts of diseases about how the body works. I have a strict 2 days lab and 2 days of lecture for each semester. There is no homework, besides studying, but there are quizzes weekly and tests quite often that can prove challenging with a busy schedule. After the school work is done I will be attending clinicals set up by the school to experience real life work.
This is a specialized school for certain medical professions. Each program is accelerated so the courses are all preset, which makes the scheduling easy.
Most of the administration is not considerate of the students, however there are a select few who truly make the experience at the school worth it.
The school has a strict schedule because it is a medical school and very challenging courses.
There are cliques that form, like any normal group setting, but sometimes it can inhibit learning a certain subject. However, most of the students are considerate of others.
I feel like the school is disorganized at times, but the teachers are extremely knowledgeable.
The instructor is excellent. The instructor for the other class works well with my class.
Start Your Review of Casa Loma College
Student body is for nursing classes only. The medical assisting and DMS classes are not included.
Tuition is modestly feasible. The financial aid department are wonderful people. They go far and beyond to assist the students.
The school is having too many problems at the moment. I feel since the majority of the Hawthorne campus is African American we are getting the short end of the stick. The passing rate has dropped. The students are complaining about the education they're receiving. The instructors are not happy. The campus has gone through 2 directors of nursing in one year period. Stability isn't there. Just trying to make it to the end so I can begin my next chapter of life.