Carthage College Reviews

1,008 reviews
In my time at Carthage, I would say I feel that I have grown as a person, and I have made many valuable lessons. However, I would also say that I am attending at a time in which the school wants to make changes happen. Diversity is a major priority at the moment, but is still facing an uphill battle. Sodexo catering is doing a better job serving the needs of students, but some of the food options for those who are gluten free are up there in price. Residence Life makes it a point to make sure the Halls are home to everyone who lives on campus. There have been controversial issues that have occurred on campus, but Carthage security is also making an effort to help students in need. There i also always a way for students to be involved on campus through an org, on an athletics team, or an honors society.
Although I haven't yet attended Carthage College and will be attending in the fall, I chose Carthage, because of it's beautiful campus, great academic programs, wonderful staff, and their strong communication with me. They are easy to contact with any questions and truly want their students to feel comfortable and at home at Carthage.
Carthage College is a beautiful campus that sits right next to lake Michigan. What I enjoy the most about Carthage is the class size, no class is bigger than twenty students. It gives the students, as well as the professor, the chance to connect and really get to know each other. Something you couldn't get on a bigger campus. The dorms come with a lake view, and weather is almost always perfect.
Review Carthage College
Carthage is an overall academically rigorous school with it's main focus in Academics even if the money is spent on sports. Many students find that Carthage offers them a diverse range of academic opportunities and club involvement however sports are limited.
The academic aspects of the school are good, many of the professors are very knowledgeable. Since it is a smaller school, they do not have a lot of food options or meal plans. I would like to see the quality of the food change for the better as well. The athletic teams and facilities are well respected. There are parties, but many of them are off campus. In my opinion, the dorms could be a little bit cleaner. Finally, the predominant attraction of this campus is the lake view. Carthage College sits right on Lake Michigan in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
Very pretty and serene campus. Professors are very helpful and there are so many resources here. Dorm life is clean enough to be acceptable and I was able to join the golf team.
Carthage has a very positive environment. The population of students is very nice and easy to make friends. There are quiet areas in most of the buildings that are designed for studying. The campus is small, but very beautiful because of the view of Lake Michigan it offers. The class size is like an average class, with about 20-30 students, and it gives the students and professors more time to interact with one another. This helps students fully understand the content and have questions answered. Overall, Carthage is a great place to study and there are many great advantages that they have to offer to students.
My overall experience at Carthage College has been an extraordinary institution with staff and faculty who excel at their professions. The class sizes, and one - on - one relationships with staff and faculty really help to engage me in my studies, and help me focus and stay active in the campus community
I love Carthage College because it's such a small campus that when you're on campus, you feel like you matter, and it feels like you're apart of a community. Everyone there that I've talked to is genuinely nice, helpful, and extremely intelligent. Their music program is really strong. They have many professors that have played all around the world and who come from different countries. Also, 91% of professors hold a PhD in the subject that they teach. They also have a lot of ways to get involved. They have over 120 clubs that you can join, and they encourage people to make new clubs. Also, the campus is very beautiful. It's right on Lake Michigan.
Carthage College is a small liberal arts college with tons of charm.
The professors are awesome and outgoing, the students are involved and spirited, and the alumni are very generous.
On top of that, Carthage is dedicated to improving its future as well as its students' through investment in new facilities. All of Carthage's facilities are state of the art and brand spankin' new.
Everyone I've met in the community is incredibly nice and the view of Lake Michigan is gorgeous.
Carthage College is a good school, however, you should be prepared to fully embrace campus life in all ways. Your life outside of campus is very limited unless you are able to pay for a $1000 parking pass to have your car on campus with you. I was quick to learn that this was not the environment that I wanted for myself, as I enjoy my life off campus just as much as I enjoy on campus student life.
As a freshman I am currently enjoying the school's academics, sports, and several activities and organizations. Even though this school is very expensive, it has great academics and will get you out of here in 4yrs with an entry-level job in the career of your choice. The only thing for me is the diversity. They try their best to be diverse; we are currently celebrating Black History Month here with different events, and we have several students from different countries, but at the same time as an African-American woman I don't see a lot of people who look like me, and I am most of the time the only black female in my classes. They have organizations for minority groups like BSU (Black Student Union), which makes it a little better; however, sometimes I wish I could be around more people that look like me in my classes that I can relate to.
Carthage College is a beautiful, small campus with a heavy focus on expanding the Liberal Arts education experience. They provide a wide variety of courses for students to choose from with great professors and thousands of advancement opportunities. The school is improving quality on campus every year and is attempting to modernize, which is especially impressive. However, it would be nice to see more diversity on campus, increased Asian and Hispanic populations would be nice. It would also be a great addition to have a Political and Social Science Center on campus so the non-natural science and language departments would have a place to call home for classes. Student activism and organizations on campus are plentiful and there are plenty of options for both Greek Life and other clubs, student life is really what this school prides itself in.
Food is amazing. Dorms are really good. Professors are well qualified. All athletes are super nice and fun. Athletic center is amazing. Everyone is very intelligent there. lots of clubs to get involved into. It is right on the lake, so it is a gorgeous campus.
The campus is beautiful and since it's small it's very personal and easy to walk to classes. The classes are small which is wonderful if you need help from professors. Dorm life is interesting sometimes but not too bad.
Carthage College is a wonderful school. The students are very nice and inviting to new students. They have many majors and minors to pick from, and the professors are very open to helping students if they are confused.
Overall, it's pretty amazing. Lots of things to do, small campus, and for the most part, the people are very friendly and open as well.
Review Carthage College
My experience thus far has been very good. The community in this college is diverse and friendly no matter who you are. Everyone is welcoming and are willing to help with anything. It is a small school with ambitious professors and hard-working students. The campus is lovingly small and the lake is the best scenery anyone can ask for.
Carthage College is a great campus. Its a small community and makes you feel right at home. Each staff member is really helpful and will reply to emails right away. There is almost no wait for any professor or office. The campus if beautiful and right on the lake. Recently they have renovated all of the buildings and they all high tech equipment. This campus is so wonderful.
At first I was hesitant on going to a small school, but I can confidently say that I absolutely love Carthage. My experience here has been so unique and life changing that I feel like it is unreal. Going to a small school means that you are instantly a part of a community that is accepting and open minded. I feel welcomed to Carthage in every aspect, whether it is my on campus job, my classes, the floor I live on, or any clubs I decide to join. There is always something to join and I absolutely love it. My classes are all hands on and manageable. My professors all know me and will help me with any questions I have. I feel like if I ever need any help, there are faculty members willing to assist me in any way possible. Denhart is always clean and it is easy to make friends on your floor. Kenosha is a beautiful city and I love to go explore as much as possible. There are always parties happening, and they’re always great. Carthage was definitely the best fit for me.