Carthage College Reviews

1,040 reviews
What I really liked about Carthage was the small class sizes, which allowed you to develop a personal relationship with professors. All of the Carthage professors are genuinely invested in the success of their students both in the classroom and in life. Furthermore, the campus is beautiful year round as it sits directly on the shores of Lake Michigan. Carthage is a close knit campus and its small size allows the fostering of friendships that one wouldn't have come across or expected at a large university. I truly believe Carthage gave me a one of a kind experience and provided a phenomenal learning environment.
Carthage College is a great liberal arts college with really great professors. I am really enjoying my time here. The views are great and so are the people. The only things to complain about are the attitudes of security but we are getting a new team. As long as the fellow residents in the hall all have the same concepts they want to live in the dorm life is really great. 7
I like the small class sizes and being able to create connections with professors. The dorms are old and need an uplift, but we still pay around the second highest room and board in Wisconsin. Only one food plan instead of providing different options. The food is cafeteria is very poor but we still pay for an average of 17 meals a week.
Start Your Review of Carthage College
nice small liberal arts college, in a small town so little to do, great athletics facility, nice academic program and staff, dorms are average nothing special for the price students pay to attend the school, high tuition but overall nice school.
The lake is pretty and the classes are okay. The professors can be really helpful. Living on campus is a must to get the full college experience.
My experience at Carthage so far has been one of a kind. The lake is a fantastic attribute that Carthage has to offer. It makes for a unique atmosphere. Beyond that, the classrooms are small and great for student teacher relationships and allow for a personalized experience. The facilities and building are state of the art and very comfortable. The sports programs and coaches are dedicated and focused to success. Overall Carthage has all the aspects that you look for in a school
I love it here at Carthage! The campus is beautiful, the classes are intriguing, and the students and faculty are some of the best people that I've ever met!
Carthage is one of the most beautiful campuses I have ever been on! Right on Lake Michigan. It is a small liberal arts school. The student success center has amazing people working in there!
My experience with Carthage has been ok. I love that the school is right on the lake because it provides a nice view almost anywhere on campus. I love the opportunities for leadership positions and workshops I get through clubs here. I like changes the school is making to become more modern and traditional. This is not a school that you come to because of the great game days or greek life. This is not a typical college. For some, that is exactly what they are looking for but for me, it was hard transitioning from a spirited high school to a not as spirited college. There are also many commuters that go to school here so many people you will meet don't actually live on campus. This can be a bummer but overall the dorms are set up so they encourage people to get out and become friends. Overall, I would say it is a good college for a student who doesn't want your typical state school atmosphere.
Carthage College is a campus which allows for students to be prepared to either pursue future education, or enter the work force. Organizations on campus appeal to all backgrounds, and faculty care deeply on the subjects covered.
Loved the small class sizes and professors. The campus is amazing being right on the lake. The reason I would give it 4 stars is because the social life is just "okay". The school also has a lot of athletes so if you are not an athlete it is hard to find a group to fit in with. They are making a lot of improvements to the buildings to make them nicer. The dorms are average besides the "Oaks" and "The Tower". I found that I was challenged in my classes to a good point where I am still about to succeed.
A wonderful experience working with my admission councilor made going here this fall an easy decision. This has been a wonderful college search experience.
I am having a great experience attending Carthage! I have very nice professors and there is a great atmosphere here.
I enjoy the classes and professors at Carthage College. However, the atmosphere outside of classes needs desperate work. People are very unwelcoming and it is very difficult to feel at home here.
I enjoy Carthage College because the atmosphere encourages creativity. I am an art student and I appreciate that this school does not push the arts to the side; rather, they highlight them.
Quality school with great professors that want to help everyone with their future. Diversity is present but there could be more. Student life is very nice and the campus is very friendly and family oriented. There is campus spirit shown at different events and especially sport events. Campus is overall very good.
I think the staff is extremely helpful and kind and excited about their job. The students are very welcoming and great to be around. The teachers seem like they care about your successes and want you to improve. I liked the idea that class sizes are small so that allows more one on one time with your teacher.
Start Your Review of Carthage College
I love the professors and small school environment! It’s very easy to find time with professors to help you with a class outside of class. Many professors offer office hours when you can stop by and ask for help on anything. In my 3 years there I’ve never had a problem with getting help from a professor. On top of that the student body is really nice. Almost everyone I run into is really freindly and it’s very easy to make new friends! The one complaint I have is the food, it’s not necessarily the healthiest or best priced. But other than that I love the school!
I love carthage because the Lake is right there. You know quite a few people and have your close friends. The professors are always willing to help too.
I had an enjoyable experience at Carthage. Professors were friendly and taught well, classmates were a pleasure to be with, and the location of the school is right on the lake which is awesome. This school gave me so much in terms of setting me up for the future, an easy 5 stars from me.