Carthage College Reviews

1,029 reviews
A wonderful experience working with my admission councilor made going here this fall an easy decision. This has been a wonderful college search experience.
I am having a great experience attending Carthage! I have very nice professors and there is a great atmosphere here.
I enjoy the classes and professors at Carthage College. However, the atmosphere outside of classes needs desperate work. People are very unwelcoming and it is very difficult to feel at home here.
Start Your Review of Carthage College
I enjoy Carthage College because the atmosphere encourages creativity. I am an art student and I appreciate that this school does not push the arts to the side; rather, they highlight them.
Quality school with great professors that want to help everyone with their future. Diversity is present but there could be more. Student life is very nice and the campus is very friendly and family oriented. There is campus spirit shown at different events and especially sport events. Campus is overall very good.
I think the staff is extremely helpful and kind and excited about their job. The students are very welcoming and great to be around. The teachers seem like they care about your successes and want you to improve. I liked the idea that class sizes are small so that allows more one on one time with your teacher.
I love the professors and small school environment! It’s very easy to find time with professors to help you with a class outside of class. Many professors offer office hours when you can stop by and ask for help on anything. In my 3 years there I’ve never had a problem with getting help from a professor. On top of that the student body is really nice. Almost everyone I run into is really freindly and it’s very easy to make new friends! The one complaint I have is the food, it’s not necessarily the healthiest or best priced. But other than that I love the school!
I love carthage because the Lake is right there. You know quite a few people and have your close friends. The professors are always willing to help too.
I had an enjoyable experience at Carthage. Professors were friendly and taught well, classmates were a pleasure to be with, and the location of the school is right on the lake which is awesome. This school gave me so much in terms of setting me up for the future, an easy 5 stars from me.
I absolutely love being a student at Carthage. I enjoy being in classes that professors know my name and my background and my life goals. Many of the clubs here have a community orientated feel because it is almost like a family away from home here on campus. The students at Carthage all seem to have similar motivations and work ethics as I do, and that definitely makes it easier to try to achieve my goals inside the classroom and out. If I could change one thing, I would ask the Food Services team to add some more variety to food options on campus because we currently only have 7 or 8 restuarants.
I love how small the campus is because that gives me more one on one time with my professors. Also the academics are amazing. Student life is good too. I would love to see change in the food area. Food needs to be healthier plus less expensive. Also the WiFi seriously sucks at times and that needs to be change.
The school is small, and mostly focused on it's students. Most of the professors are extremely helpful, and are more than willing to help their students. It can get a little cold, and the food takes a little getting used to. Overall, I love Carthage.
I enrolled at Carthage spring semester of 2016. I enrolled in the school because, it was a small university with an amazing view. The faculty here are amazing and helpful. I am a senior now and I will be graduating in 2018 with my bachelors degree. It took me forever to find a school that was right for me and once I found this school I knew with the support of my family, adviser, staff, and peers I could make it.
What I would like to see changed is lower tuition cost for out of state students and in state students. I believe that education should not be expensive and keep you in debt after graduation.
I currently am employed and will attend classes in February. The campus is wonderful along with the staff. This is a school I feel very safe and welcomed at and can't wait to start here!
Carthage is a great school with a wide variety of programs for all sorts of majors! Their new science center building offers a brand new learning environment and the school's location near the lake and the city make it a school with so many unique learning and research opportunities!
I went to Carthage for one year and after the first semester I decided to transfer. I went to Carthage initially because I really liked how small the classes would be. I got involved with sports but it turned out that Carthage wasn't for me. The shuttle taking you to your car takes forever. There aren't a lot of choices of food on campus so be ready to order take out. If you don't have a car or have a friend with a car you'll be bored. Literally half the campus goes home on the weekends. There is honestly no diversity. Classes were fairly easy as well. I stayed in Madrigano Dorm building. There's no air conditioning so the summers are super hot and the elevator broke every once in the while. Campus security SUCKS. It's not worth the money. If you have the chance to change and go to a community college please do and try to go to another school. The lake views aren't worth it in the winter. Half the class of 2020 left so save yourself.
Student life is very present on campus. Something I would like to change is the old furniture in some of the dorms.
Start Your Review of Carthage College
The people at Carthage are honestly some of the best people I've ever met. Everyone is welcoming, friendly, and helpful - especially the professors. They will go out of their way to make sure students have everything they need to succeed - even so far as to help them secure financial help. Some problems with the college is the music building and the theatre. The practice rooms are so small with so little sound dampening technology that instrumentalists require ear plugs wile practicing and vocalists can't belt without hurting their own ears. Beyond that, one can hear everyone clear as day outside the practice rooms which doesn't encourage practicing something at which you know you'll fail. The theatre is terribly constructed and the students deserve better - especially considering they have sent a show to the ACTF (American College Theatre Festival) the last 8 out of 9 years which is better than any other program in the state. Food is TERRIBLE. View is BEAUTIFUL.
The teachers and staff are very invested in seeing students do well. There are a lot of diverse classes you can take (which doesn't really make up for the lack of diversity in the school body) and the campus is beautiful. There are a lot of clubs you can join but most have a small attendance rate. The nearby town isn't much but it has enough to keep you satisfied until you can hit up a bigger city like Chicago or Milwaukee.
Good school overall. Best D3 program around. Some professors do seem a bit arrogant, but nevertheless great campus