Carthage College Reviews

1,048 reviews
Being completely honest, I would not be filling out for grants if I went to this school. I was trapped into going and lied to and being held accountable for more years than I need. Attending an expensive school because of baseball was not enough.
Carthage College is a beautiful campus, but very overpriced. Staff is not very friendly or helpful. Professors and curriculum are wonderful, but not worth the $50,000+ a year. Dorms are small and very old. My dorm had no heat in the winter and I put in a request to have it fixed MULTIPLE times and never had the issue resolved.
Your class sizes are super small so you get to know your professors really well and are able to get a lot of help.
Start Your Review of Carthage College
I love Carthage for its small classroom sizes. There are about twenty students to a classroom on average, and this makes it very easy for students to make a connection with the professor and receive the personal, detailed help on assignments and classwork that they deserve. However, Carthage has slim options when it comes to the food served on campus, which many students (myself included) wish to see changed.
My overall college experience has been great so far. I am finally able to study things that are of interest to me, I have had the opportunity to meet many wonderful new people, and transition into college life was almost completely painless.
Carthage is located on Lake Michigan. It’s a beautiful location. It’s located between Milwaukee and Chicago, so there are opportunities to see the things major cities have to offer. The student body is friendly. Most of my classes are in the business building. It’s a great building. The business teachers have real world experience and I really appreciate that. I do feel some of the professors in general classes play favorites. The cost has risen quite a bit, but I feel stuck at this point as transferring would just delay graduation and force me to take more in loans than I already have. I don’t feel I have gotten the assistance from the finance department or my advisor that I need. I’ve asked for help on numerous occasions, but often get directed to another department that doesn’t help me. Overall, I feel I’m getting a good education. I’m just concerned that I won’t get back my investment.
I love the small classes, the small campus and the lake view, but i wish it was more inclusive and the food could be better
It is a really good collage. Professors really help you when you need it the most. Its a small school so you can develop a good relationship with everyone.
What I really liked about Carthage was the small class sizes, which allowed you to develop a personal relationship with professors. All of the Carthage professors are genuinely invested in the success of their students both in the classroom and in life. Furthermore, the campus is beautiful year round as it sits directly on the shores of Lake Michigan. Carthage is a close knit campus and its small size allows the fostering of friendships that one wouldn't have come across or expected at a large university. I truly believe Carthage gave me a one of a kind experience and provided a phenomenal learning environment.
Carthage College is a great liberal arts college with really great professors. I am really enjoying my time here. The views are great and so are the people. The only things to complain about are the attitudes of security but we are getting a new team. As long as the fellow residents in the hall all have the same concepts they want to live in the dorm life is really great. 7
I like the small class sizes and being able to create connections with professors. The dorms are old and need an uplift, but we still pay around the second highest room and board in Wisconsin. Only one food plan instead of providing different options. The food is cafeteria is very poor but we still pay for an average of 17 meals a week.
nice small liberal arts college, in a small town so little to do, great athletics facility, nice academic program and staff, dorms are average nothing special for the price students pay to attend the school, high tuition but overall nice school.
The lake is pretty and the classes are okay. The professors can be really helpful. Living on campus is a must to get the full college experience.
My experience at Carthage so far has been one of a kind. The lake is a fantastic attribute that Carthage has to offer. It makes for a unique atmosphere. Beyond that, the classrooms are small and great for student teacher relationships and allow for a personalized experience. The facilities and building are state of the art and very comfortable. The sports programs and coaches are dedicated and focused to success. Overall Carthage has all the aspects that you look for in a school
I love it here at Carthage! The campus is beautiful, the classes are intriguing, and the students and faculty are some of the best people that I've ever met!
Carthage is one of the most beautiful campuses I have ever been on! Right on Lake Michigan. It is a small liberal arts school. The student success center has amazing people working in there!
My experience with Carthage has been ok. I love that the school is right on the lake because it provides a nice view almost anywhere on campus. I love the opportunities for leadership positions and workshops I get through clubs here. I like changes the school is making to become more modern and traditional. This is not a school that you come to because of the great game days or greek life. This is not a typical college. For some, that is exactly what they are looking for but for me, it was hard transitioning from a spirited high school to a not as spirited college. There are also many commuters that go to school here so many people you will meet don't actually live on campus. This can be a bummer but overall the dorms are set up so they encourage people to get out and become friends. Overall, I would say it is a good college for a student who doesn't want your typical state school atmosphere.
Start Your Review of Carthage College
Carthage College is a campus which allows for students to be prepared to either pursue future education, or enter the work force. Organizations on campus appeal to all backgrounds, and faculty care deeply on the subjects covered.
Loved the small class sizes and professors. The campus is amazing being right on the lake. The reason I would give it 4 stars is because the social life is just "okay". The school also has a lot of athletes so if you are not an athlete it is hard to find a group to fit in with. They are making a lot of improvements to the buildings to make them nicer. The dorms are average besides the "Oaks" and "The Tower". I found that I was challenged in my classes to a good point where I am still about to succeed.
A wonderful experience working with my admission councilor made going here this fall an easy decision. This has been a wonderful college search experience.