Carteret Community College Reviews

Nice community college with a beautiful view on the water. Very friendly staffing and professors. The area has currently experience a hurricane and the college has been very flexible and efficient in lending a helping hand with supplies, food, etc. They are always holding events and offering food free for students. Class room sizes are also small for more personal and one-on-one with the professor for a better learning experience.
Small class sizes mean lots of opportunity for one-to-one discussion with professors. The faculty are well-qualified educators and the advisers truly care. The personal attention means you will get that 'kick-in-the-****' you need when you are flailing. It also means, if you let staff know you need help, you WILL GET help. I rely on grant money, but the cost of education here is super LOW, and the value of the education received is super HIGH! I enjoy coming to classes. All this, and a beautiful campus on the water.
Great college and the only college to my knowledge that is located waterfront, it is a very good atmosphere.
Start Your Review of Carteret Community College
This community college has an excellent location, it’s right next to the intracoastal water way so it makes for very scenic strolls to and from class. Small, yet nationally accredited programs such as CNA 1 & 2, paramedic, and nursing. Very helpful and knowledgeable staff to accommodate your needs and questions
I am so happy I chose to go to Carteret Community College; the professors are all truly wonderful and I have flourished!
I loved that Carteret community college was all about helping me further my education. They weren't rude, they were patient and willing to get me on the right path towards achieving my goals.
I was enrolled in the GED Program under Diane Matlock. They teachers were very cooperative and helpful with the students who needed assistance. Ms. Matlock even let me " study " by tutoring some the other students. Then when I transferred over to the Core classes all the staff including Financial Aid and Academic Support. My advisor were both extremely helpful although one was a bit less patient. All really just impressed with my age. The janitors even were nice, kept everything perfect and were even fun to talk to.
The teachers and students here are very nice and active in school events. The Student Government works hard every day to make sure the student's voices are heard and plan amazing events to be active in.
I love taking class here and my teachers are very helpful and make registration easy.
You learn a lot about medical legal issues and also how to code for different types of insurances.
There are multiple clubs here and the college usually had some event going on.
On campus there is a great student center where they have computers and offer tutoring when you need it.
I think the tuition is probably a normal rate for a community college even though everyone would wish is was cheaper. For me I usually get some financial aid but I don't get enough to cover everything so I have to figure something out. Finishing my degree is very important to me.
With the classes I have to take I have either been able to take them online or get most of them on the same day so I wouldn't miss any work.
I love taking online classes. They are very convenient for me considering I also work full time.
We have an alumni program, I believe. I also think they do alumni events sometimes.
Overall I love going to school here. I feel like I can talk to my advisor when I need too, and she gives great advice as to which classes to take and which ones not to so I don't over load myself.
Start Your Review of Carteret Community College
There are resources available to assist with job placement.
Network reliability on campus is amazing. Any building I'm in, I'm able to access the wifi and get school or work related tasks accomplished.
There are resources out of this world at my campus. My ACA class is also a great class for exposing those resources and teaching you how those resources can be used. There was also a thorough outline of the available resources on camps mentioned in the online orientation.