Carson-Newman University Reviews

The campus it’s at Carson-Newman is very small but that’s what makes it so great! Your classes usually have about 20-30 students in them so you won’t be that student that the professor doesn’t know. All the professors are there to help you and make sure you get your degree.
I am not yet an official student of Carson-Newman University but I am committed. When visiting the campus I got to eat with students and tour every building. The university felt like home. I knew right then, that Carson-Newman was the place for me. The students and professor were willing to go out of their way to show me around and telling me everything I needed to know about the campus. Many of the student even prayed for God to show me the way he wants me to go. That particular moment meant so much to me because as a high school senior I was having a difficult time trying to figure out where God wants me. After being there for a few hours, doors began to open and God was showing me everything that i needed to see.
Carson-Newman is a warm and inviting school with professors who genuinely care about your success. I know I can count on being pushed to my full potential with support all the way to the end. You will never go unnoticed or uncared for. I am crazy about this campus and the beauty it possesses especially in the fall when the colors fill campus. I am crazy about the people I met and have been surprised to see just how different people are once you enter college. I am compassionate about Carson-Newman and would recommend it to anyone.
Start Your Review of Carson-Newman University
I truly love this school and everything about it! Carson-Newman makes me feel like I am at home. This school has become one of my favorite places to be. The campus is beautiful with lots of wonderful people. The professors are engaging and kind. They genuinely care and want you to succeed in the process called college. The campus life is great especially for a small school. There is always an event or something to go to. Also it is super easy to get involved and be apart of groups and/or organizations.
I absolutely love this school. I have grown so much mentally since starting my career here in August 2016. My two favorite things are it is a small campus, and the professors care.
Carson-Newman University has a lot to offer. Whether concerning classes or extracurriculars, there is something for everyone. Every day is new and fresh which is hard to find in rural areas. The people you spend your time with will easily become the most interesting and best people you know. As you learn from extremely talented professors, you will make memories to last a lifetime.
I love Carson-Newman! I have made great connections with staff and with students here! Everyone there is kind and helpful. I enjoy being a student there.
It’s honestly not that good. It’s easy to say it’s a good school if your not a diverse student. The lifestyle at this school is depressing and feels like it’s holding me back from learning as much as other students are. The education curriculum is the same every year and the equipment is outdated. Please do not waste your time here it is expensive
It a place where if your looking for fun you can find it but it also has a silmple quietness to it to help you focus on school work
I have been at Carson Newman for two years now and it has been nothing short of amazing. The professors are so helpful and strive for your success
Carson-Newman is home to some of the best professors out there. They legitimately care about your education and are there to help.
C-N is a great place to be! It's a University that has highly ranked academic programs, integrates faith and learning and has so many unique opportunities for students. A Carson-Newman education is an amazing and eternal investment.
I am currently a student at Carson Newman, and have a had a good experience. That being said though, the buildings are old and run down. The food is subpar. Some professors aren't the best of teachers. The athletic program is great, but funding is not great for all sports.
Carson-Newman University is a wonderful institution with incredible teachers and academics. It's a great size and there's a 'feeling of family' across the campus. Nestled in a rural community with access to restaurants and local businesses and only a short drive from larger cities, you have the best of both worlds.
The athletics, extra-curricular activities (intramurals, organizations, SGA, etc.), food service and overall student moral on campus is outstanding.
It's quite the school!
Worst college experience one can ask for. Dorms are awful, imagine using a sketchy gas stations bathroom. People are very hard to talk to and get to know unless you're on an athletic team. I am overly out going and have tons of friends back home. The college may have a "Christian" title, but the amount of profanity that you will hear around campus is shocking to say the least. Also rap music will be heard all hours of the night in your dorms. Don't get me wrong i love rap music, just not at 4 am. Teachers are good, they will give you an A if you just show up for class. I would give my overall experience at Carson-Newman a 0 out of 10. I will not recommend ANYONE attending this school unless you are commuting from home. I went here for one semester and I got out as soon as possible. If you want to pay $30,000 a year for crappy food, awful housing, weird people and a below average education, than this is the place for you!
I love Carson Newman!The academic program is amazing. It is rigorous yet fun and interactive. The advisors will definitely do their best to lead you in the right direction. The sports program s awesome and you are sure to get a scholarship if you are good enough. The dorms are nice, and the student life is definitely something to look forward t. They are constantly having events to connect you with other students and have fun. The cafeteria is actually really good for café food. They also have a Chickfila on campus and a Maples Café. As far as scholarships, they offer a large variety, and are known for being one of the cheapest yet one of the most influential schools in the Southeast. You never have to worry too much for your safety, for there are always security driving around campus in mini cars to make sure all is going smoothly. I would highly recommend Carson Newman University!
Carson-Newman is an amazing university! One of its best features is definitely it's professors. They genuinely care for each student and will go out of their way to ensure their success. Just be ready for not the best dorm situation.
Start Your Review of Carson-Newman University
Carson Newman Admininstration is out recruiting and teachers/advisors are there to help with job opportunities.
Still learning as I am on campus
A few of the dorms are older but still in good shape for the age of them. They do a great job keeping all up to a good standard.