Carroll University Reviews

1,068 reviews
I love everything about Carroll University, couldn't be happier about pick a great University. I can't wait to call Carroll my home for the next six years.
Carroll University was unlike anything I expected. Academically, it reminded me of high school, where anyone could cheat to pass. If you want an easy A, then this would be a good school to attend but keep in mind that it will not benefit you in the real world. Socially, this school was terrible. With it being a small school, there were many cliques and the people were not really open to change. Again, reminiscent of high school. The school has no diversity aside from the foreign exchange students. The Waukesha area is dirty and there happens to be a heroin epidemic in the community. There really is no party scene because there are cops and public safety patrolling the areas where parties would be thrown, especially on the weekends. The only thing good about Carroll University is their food. Overall, I was very disappointed in attending Carroll University.
It has been a gratifying experience up until now with the campus being small it allows one reach their classes relatively easy and if one were to be lost the students would be willing to help you out. That being said class sizes are relatively small allowing for easier student to teacher interaction granted the teacher knows what s/he is doing. One thing I would like to say is that the food being served in the MDR could be better since its usually a hit or miss and that's probably one of the reasons I'm happy I'm a commuter. On the topic of being a commuter your first year will be tough on forming connections since you do not have the privilege of being on campus, so I would recommend joining a club/sport or going to the events they host for commuters to at least know people on campus. But I'm guessing that's not just a Carroll thing. Either way I do not regret the years I have put in so far at Carroll.
Start Your Review of Carroll University
Carroll has been a wonderful experience for me. I've met many people here, and all of the professors were more than helpful.
I currently am a student at the university and I believe it is an exceptional school. The physical therapy program is very well set up and one of the best ones out there.
I chose Carroll for their small campus and Physical Therapy program. I am so very glad I did because I really got to know my professors. The most important thing to me was that my professors knew me by name; I did not want to be a number among thousands in a bigger university. That being said, the faculty and staff are so friendly, helpful, and supportive (at least the professors I have encountered so far.) There is always anyone willing to help you with anything, all you have to do is ask.
I am receiving a satisfactory education as well as first-hand job experience. I have an on-campus job that is directly related to my major. I could not ask for more... well, I could.
Better food and cheaper textbooks.
First Carroll has a beautiful campus and downtown Waukesha is picturesque and just the right size. The public library and dozens of restaurants anr a five minute walk and the campus is small enough that you can get from one end to the other in just ten minutes on foot. The food options are pretty decent with the main dinning room, ABP (a bread and sandwich shop open whenever campus is open) and the coffee shop in the library. I am in the choir program whitch unlike most colleges is open to all students, so I can be a Computer Science major and still be in the top choir. The program is growing rapidly and is too much fun to pass up. Also the small school community makes class sizes supper small and teachers really dedicated. The largest lecture hall holds 150 but the average class size is like 15-20. I love my professors and every single professor I have had knew me by name.
Carroll is a great school. It is small enough to get a great connection with all of your professors, which really helps with the learning experience and the quality of my education. It is still big enough to make a great group of friends, and get to know friendly faces. It is in a great location, and resources are great.
I like the small campus atmosphere. The campus' buildings are being renovated very often giving the campus an updated look. Academically I am challenged and the teachers do give their all to educate the students of the campus. Athletically the school is on the rise as it is in a new and more competitive conference the CCIW.
Carroll University has been an extremely welcoming, resourceful and professional school throughout my attendance. The faculty are extremely passionate about their respective subjects and want to see their students succeed; however, they're not afraid to push students to their full potential.
Carroll University offers students a "home-like" feel once you take your first step on campus. CU offered a variety of majors, minors, and activities to accommodate students' needs, wants, and desires. As a Not-for-profit school, Carroll University offers multiple scholarships for students in need for financial aid. As a final review, Carroll University gives and will continue to give students the adequate education and college experience.
This is a small school with a high school mentality. The dorms are expensive and it's hard to get into the new suite-style dorms. There is NO off campus living available and the college makes its hard for you to get save money and live off campus. It's ridiculously hard to keep a car there too. No activities on the weekend, the summers and breaks are dead. Many commuters go here.
Small class sizes allow for individual attention to be met. However, the admission process is overambitious and is allowing too many people to be accepted into the school when there is not enough room to house them.
The campus is absolutely beautiful. All of their staff are so nice and easy to talk to, plus extremely helpful. Cannot wait to be back in the fall and make memories!!
Carroll University is the perfect school for me! Everyone is friendly, the landscape is beautiful, and the teachers are amazing. Truly blessed to go to Carroll.
After my freshman, year I am very happy with my choice to attend Carroll University. Their classes, student organizations, and campus all make it a great place to live and learn.
I enjoy the small town feel of the Waukesha/Carroll area. You will always see someone you know while walking around campus. I also enjoy how small campus is. The furthest walk you'll have take is ten minutes.
Start Your Review of Carroll University
Carroll University has given me a great college experience for many reasons. The administration is very friendly and helpful, there are many resources for academic help, the campus feels like a community, and there are always social activities held on campus. It's a nice environment for making friends as well as studying hard.
I enjoy that the teachers are extremely helpful. The students are very welcoming and the food is of great quality. I can't wait to start this upcoming fall.
Carroll University has the best nursing program in the state. The small class sizes are amazing and allow you to connect with professors, which definitely gets you a head start. Gorgeous campus with relatively nice dorms.