Carroll University Reviews

1,099 reviews
Carroll University in Waukesha, Wisconsin is an excellent school for students serious about obtaining a quality education. The professors are superb and the small class sizes assure attention is paid to each student. The campus is beautiful and full of history. I would not trade the education for anything. The location is great: a one mile walk to downtown Waukesha and a close drive to Milwaukee and Chicago. I would definitely recommend that you check out Carroll University!
Class sizes are small, with great teaching and invested professors. Greek life on campus is disappointing due to its diminutive size.
Carroll has a very good DPT program and their undergrad exercise science major is also very well. The professors are invested in the field and want to do what they can to help. They are very eager to share their knowledge and work with you on various projects.
Start Your Review of Carroll University
The campus is super chill. There's a lot of really cool people that attend. The dorms are bigger than most colleges, which is amazing so you're able to have more room.
Carroll feels like a home away from home. I enjoy my classes and the professors. There is always something to do on campus and there are multiple places to eat. There are recent changes on campus and buildings being built/restored.
I loved the Science Buildings for both PT and Nursing Students and how much the teachers push us to do our best to be the best DPTs and Nurses! Also how Carroll requires a Cultural Experience and courses related to Culture! Incredible experiences created :-)
I haven't spent much time in Carroll University, but from my first year here, I think it's a great college. It's small, which I like, but it's expensive. All my teachers were good. I live locally, so I commute to save money. I can't really tell how the dorms are, but I'd imagine it to be decent. Downtown is pretty fun, too. I like the parks here. The food that is served in campus is amazing. I'm an introvert, and I can't really say much about student life or the party scene.
It’s crazy, obviously being a first year college student it’s hard to know if you’re actually going to like a colleg or not and if you want to put so much money in it, I’ve looked at hundreds of colleges, taken tours in many in and out of state and carroll is honestly the best choice for me. Everyone who know someone me says the same thing! Its small and hands on teachers and help everywhere you look it’s amazing! I’m excited to start and end my 4 years at this school.
I really enjoy the atmosphere in this college. All of my current professors and advisers aim to help me succeed and will help me in any way possible. The campus is small, making it easy to get from building to building in a timely matter, and is always clean. I am a commuter so I have to drive from my house and Carroll everyday. I save money this way, but I would enjoy being a commuter much more if the parking lots were larger, included more parking space, and if all of the major pot holes were filled. I am tired of trying to find parking on the streets and having to avoid pot holes in the parking lots when my tuition is $29,000 a year.
I would like to see a higher diversity rate among the student population. I believe that it will create a much more educational environment outside of the classroom. Some departments of the school seem to be unorganized and I believe that betterment of the communication skills between faculty will help certain programs run much smoother.
I just finished my freshman year at Carroll University. I really enjoy this school so far. The classes for both my major and the gen-eds are very interesting, engaging, and informative. The faculty that I have interacted with are very approachable and helpful, and it is clear they know what they are doing in their respective fields. I would like to see a bit more diversity and campus-wide events and activities that cater to a larger variety of students.
I really enjoy that Carroll University is a smaller college and allows for one-on-one student and professor interaction. I believe I have greatly benefited from this opportunity to get to know my professors on a personal level. Each of my professors has always encouraged and pushed me to achieve greatness. I would not be where I am today without the help and knowledge of the faculty at Carroll University.
It's easy to become disconnected from campus (it's more up to the student to be involved on campus).
Carroll is a nice school if you like quaintness. I don't mind it, but others might if they are looking to get lost in a sea of people their age. But, Carroll has a lot to offer for being a small university, and not to mention that the nursing program isn #1 in the nation right now.
The majority of the Faculty was good. The professors in the communications department were very helpful and instructive. However, each class at Carroll is worth 4 credits instead of the traditional 3 credits, which makes trying to transfer out a nightmare. Class registration was poorly structured with times going on a lottery basis instead of GPA or enrolled major.
Carroll university is a smaller school, which is a turnoff for some people, but should really be seen as a perk! I used to think that saying a small school with close faculty contact used to be something that people would say almost as a consolation prize. But now, it is something that I would not trade for the world. Each of your professors are invested in your future and success, and are devoted to helping you learn what you need to learn, and provide you with the resources that you will need to succeed. Not to mention that man times they will be able to help you get connected professionally.
However, Carroll is very slow about getting renovations done, and often they need to be nagged before a building gets renovated or something gets fixed.
Overall Carroll has been a great environment to go to school in. It is very safe and offers a variety of programs to study that are not offered at other local schools. It is fairly expensive though and I feel that we should be getting better food variety and housing for the price we are paying or prices should not be so high.
Start Your Review of Carroll University
I love the atmosphere at Carroll University. Since it's a rather small school, you get to see people you know much more frequently. More importantly, however, your class sizes are pretty small and lots of your professors know you by name. All the professors do an outstanding job of preparing us for exams and making sure we learn what we need to. They really do care about you and how you perform academically.
As a freshman, I have had a great first year at Carroll. It has a wonderful learning environment, lots of academic resources, and countless ways to get involved and have fun on campus. I am very satisfied with my education so far and can't wait to continue through my time here.
I like all the professors I've had so far, along with the quick walks to classes. Everything is close by and easy to find. I'm a student athlete and I work on campus and it's really easy to balance everything out here.