Carroll College Reviews

Carroll College is arguably the best college within the state of Montana. It is an academically rigorous school, and it has its perks by being small and building a community amongst its students and its faculty. I know almost all of my professors very well, and I have the opportunity of knowing almost all of the students within my major. While it is a Catholic institution, it is very ecumenical and does not discriminate its students in any way based on their individual spiritual beliefs. The concepts of Catholic intellectual and social teaching are very evident in the college's academics and their student-lead clubs. Overall, I would highly recommend Carroll for students who wish to have a more personal educational experience.
The people at Carroll are great - once you find a solid group of friends. Helena is a very small town - it feels rural and although it is the capitol it seems like a very old fashioned place.
I believe that I am getting a great education and feel like this is where I am supposed to be - and believe it is a great foundation for my future academic pursuits.
What resonates most through the years since my Carroll student days is how so many of us came away with such a strong sense of Carroll's purpose and place, a sense of belonging, a faith in the future, and a shared energy felt across so many generations and circumstances. This bond extends so quickly and so deeply among current students and alumni and faculty and staff. It amazes me still that this excitement surfaces so frequently after these many years, whether in an unlikely airport conversation with any member of the 'Carroll family' you encounter, or during a campus visit, or at a sports or academic or alumni event across the country, or across the world. Sign me, "Always grateful to be a CC Saint!"
Start Your Review of Carroll College
Carroll is a very small college, about 1800 students. I really liked this fact, because it allowed for students to have a ton of one-on-one attention from professors. Overall the college has a ton to offer, but there is one drawback. The food services leaves a lot to be desired. It has limited variety and is often not cooked properly.
Carroll College was an absolutely amazing experience. Every school promises that you join a family, but that is especially true at Carroll. The professors go out of their way to meet you and often invite you over for games and dinner and what not. I've read some of the negative reviews and don't be mislead. Most are based on a single instance and they fail to look beyond it. Is Carroll 100% perfect? No. But I'd be hard pressed to find another school that is. It all depends on how invested you are. If you come to Carroll open and ready for a fun experience, you'll love it!
Carroll College is a pretty decent school with good teachers and interesting courses available to choose from. The amount of students per classroom is relatively small, as well as, the campus itself. I've been told a reason some students attend Carroll is for their anthrozoology program.

However, to be honest, you should only go to Carroll if your scholarship will cover most of the cost because the tuition there is expensive and I've been told you can find other schools that are way cheaper yet give you the same educational experience as that school.
I still look back on my college years as a time period I wish I could go back to. That time gave me some of the most fun and educational years of my life and I have Carroll to thank for that! I met wonderful friends, professors, classmates, and colleagues that I will never forget and a lot that I still keep in touch with to this day. Some are even best friends. There are so many interesting and unique classes, activities, and a beautiful campus that Carroll offers! I loved the community feeling that Carroll provides and enjoyed being involved in many activities on campus. Not going to lie, I also loved living in St. Charles! It was so cool to be able to reside somewhere that had so much history and is one of the main representations of the college. Love Carroll and wish I could go back!! Go Saints!
I loved my Carroll experience! I always enjoy visiting the campus whenever I have the chance. The classes I took and people I met changed my life---- my only regret is that none of my children went to Carroll.
Carroll College will forever hold a special place in my heart. My experiences with faculty, peers, and the greater Helena community instilled a devotion for critical thinking and international travel that remain important aspects of my life today. I am presently an assistant professor of history at a regional college in South Dakota. I owe my four years at Carroll College for all of my professional accomplishments.
Carroll College provided me the opportunity to continue playing sports at the collegiate level. I am very thankful for that opportunity and enjoyed playing sports at Carroll thoroughly. Over the four years I attended Carroll, I witnessed a dramatic change on the campus. School administrators, like Maureen Ward, became so anti-alcohol that previously enjoyable CC-related activities (e.g. Softball Weekend) lost their luster. Don't get me wrong, alcohol undoubtedly causes many problems on college campuses, but the efforts that Student Life has taken over the previous couple years border on the absurd.
Carroll College has excellent academic programs and helps young adults to grow in their faith. There are so many different opportunities for community engagement that there is a niche for everyone! I will be forever grateful for the mentors I had at Carroll College.
Carroll allowed me to stretch my mind to the possibilities of what could be - my economics professor brought the world to our minds - in class and out of class. He pushed me to look at what I wanted to do not what I "should" do. I applied to graduate school and attended and that was my entry into sales, sales management and international finance.
It was the BEST College opportunity from the Admission Office to the Pioneer Pit and every class and activity in between. My college life from the classroom to the dorm events helped me to form my approach with people in my church, workplace, and community. My investment of time, energy, and money at Carroll has paid off a hundredfold in all walks of my life. I was Blessed by having been given the opportunity to attend Carroll and the Blessings have never ceased to continue.
I've worked at several colleges after attending Carroll, and I can genuinely say that the quality of the faculty here matches or exceeds schools that are larger, more urban, more well-known, and with better academic reputations. I can also say that the sense of community, a vague ideal, is tangible every day at Carroll.

There are certain restrictions associated with attending a small, regional institution - almost every student is from Montana, Washington, Idaho, or Oregon, and almost all are white - but in spite of that I felt exposed to a broader way of thinking about the world at Carroll, mostly through the great faculty.

The Catholic element waxes and wanes - there are eras when a very conservative Catholic dogma takes hold, and those aren't the best years at Carroll. But if you happen to attend when a more social-justice oriented, communal, and inclusive aspect of the Catholic identity is in ascendance (and it really all depends on leadership), it's a very positive environment.
I loved my Carroll experience. The community is so welcoming. Despite being a Catholic college, you are in no way pressured to be religious. Most students and all of the faculty I came across were open-minded and thoughtful. The diversity is somewhat poor, being in rural Montana. However, the few people from diverse cultures were celebrated rather than judged. The community around the college is excellent.
Carroll gives students an amazing, wholesome college experience. It is a well-rounded school with an investment in Catholic values. While it is a small school with limited courses, Carroll is rich with other opportunities with study abroad being widely available, multiple college clubs, intramural teams, and activities to get involved in the community. The goal of success is not just placed on you as a student, but on the whole of the school, with everyone invested in ensuring you are provided the education and experience that will get you where you need to be. While the school certainly isn't cheap, it gives a valuable education, and I have never doubted my time at Carroll.
My experience was amazing. I received a great education and learned things I wouldn't have at a larger institution. The atmosphere and community on the Carroll College campus is very welcoming. The town of Helena is amazing as well. The tuition is rather high, but tuition assistance is pretty good. I'd highly recommend Carroll College to anyone.
Start Your Review of Carroll College
Carroll College is an excellent small school, with a great ratio of students to professors, who were always willing to help. It was a wonderful atmosphere for college. I wouldn't change my college choice for anything!
I absolutely loved my time at Carroll. The small class sizes were exactly what I needed to stay focused in my studies. I built life-long friendships, and made amazing memories. I was well prepared, after graduating, for success in my graduate program.
Carroll College is incredibly unique not only because of the size or Catholic identity, but because of the people here. The Carroll family welcomes everyone with many different interests and beliefs. The students and faculty help each other out and are exceptionally friendly. With the combination of the community and the small size, I was not just a number here getting lost in a crowd of people. This, in conjunction with the academic rigor, is how Carroll prepares its students extremely well for after graduation.