Carnegie Mellon University Reviews

1,317 reviews
While I'm definitely not the brightest students at CMU, I have met some of the most amazing and talented people here from my classes and clubs. The workload does get heavy at times, but once you learn to develop a good work habit, it's not as bad. CMU also offers a lot of extracurricular activities for you to explore.
The academics are intensive, but with the amount of student organizations, its hard not to find a balance between social and academic life.
I have had the most profoundly wonderful experience attending CMU. While you will not have the "traditional" experience here, it will be for the better. CMU challenges you to grow both in your chosen career path, and as a person. Living with and attending school with people as passionate about both their extracurricular activities and their career path as you are pushes you to be even better, allowing you to do things you never though imaginable. I feel like CMU has made me a more complete, worldly, and well-rounded human being, having been exposed to an incredibly broad variety of ideas, passions, cultures, backgrounds, and stories. CMU is truly a remarkable place.
Start Your Review of Carnegie Mellon University
I think choices of available foods should be healthier with more choices for vegans and or vegetarians .In general ,it should be foods that increase stamina for the exigencies of studying .
Tight-knit community, great professors. You have to work hard to do well but it’s all the more rewarding for it
I loved the environment. I visited and it was easy to live a city life as well as a peaceful natural life as well all within walking distance.
Despite the workload, my overall experience is very good. CMU students are very nice and smart, always passionate about what they do.
Its a great school where they really focus on interdisciplinary strengths, but it is very small and some favoritism can occur.
World class intersection of world class programs. Tech, science, art, business on one compact campus. Involvement at the undergrad and graduate level is excellent. Not for the faint of heart. Definitely need a sturdy heart and mind.
Poor name recognition. Poor student life. Students don't present as adults. Awful dorms. Not recruiting from upper crust.
Carnegie Mellon allows for great work/life balance. While academics are intense and you will be pushed beyond your imagination, the GSA organizes social events pretty much every month providing good opportunities to socialize with graduate students in other departments.
Carnegie Mellon does a great job at offering various resources to students, whether these resources be related to academics, professional development, or well-being. I especially appreciate my school's efforts in promoting health these past two years.
I love this school. You get a great mix of career, academics, social life, and city life. I think your experience here is what you make of it. Sometimes, it can be a little stressful but that good times are definitely worth it.
Carnegie Mellon is awesome, and there are a lot of great opportunities to explore into whatever realm of education that you see fit.
Carnegie Mellon University is an exciting, world-renowned school that gives its students a wide variety of opportunities and resources.
CMU is a great school; it is very accommodative in terms of financial aid and the professors are very attentive. The only downside is the athletics - there aren't as many varsity sports that others of its first-class name do.
It is a great technical university for anyone that is really passionate about his/her field because opportunities and challenges are many. Professors really push you, and you'll always be satisfied of the work you have put in. Socially-wise there is not much to do on campus because people are not that into socializing and the athletics are very bad. However, Pitt and Duquesne are good places to hang out and the city is really great for everyone. I have met many great people from everywhere around the world. It is just the beginning and I'm having a truly great life experience.
Start Your Review of Carnegie Mellon University
I attended a summer program at CMU called the Summer Academy for Math and Science in July and August of 2016. This program was one of the best experiences of my life. It allowed me to grow profoundly as a student, taking college-level courses the summer before my senior year of high school. It gave me my first opportunity to live away from home and navigate dorm life, well preparing me to go away to college. The staff and professors involved in this program were excellent. The program is targeted for minority students and does a great job showing how welcoming an environment CMU can be.
The perfect place for nerds. An extremely demanding curriculum. Best university to study Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering
I guess it goes without saying, but this school is very tough. From beginning to end of each semester, it's a LOT of work. However, it's great preparation for the real world and I don't regret choosing to go here.