COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
While our campus remains closed and on-campus programming is on hold due to the effects of COVID-19, there are still ways to experience Carnegie Mellon online. Check out our online visit opportunities. Learn More
- Party SceneB
- Campus FoodC+
- Student LifeA-
Carnegie Mellon University is consistently ranked as a top-25 institution, world-renowned for its approach to education and research. Students become experts in fields ranging from business, the fine arts and computer science to humanities, the sciences and engineering. Whether students are in a lab, classroom or studio, left-brain and right-brain thinking unite within a collaborative, hands-on setting. Carnegie Mellon encourages students to think in new ways – to choose their program and change the world.
Carnegie Mellon University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.114 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.120 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.119 responses
Computer Science207 Graduates
Electrical Engineering161 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering100 Graduates
Systems Science and Theory99 Graduates
Chemical Engineering83 Graduates
Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering54 Graduates
Carnegie Mellon offers several degree programs and courses of study which are coordinated by multiple colleges, reflecting the interdisciplinary nature of the university.
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.115 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.148 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.55 responses