Carnegie Mellon University is consistently ranked as a top-25 institution, world-renowned for its approach to education and research. Students become experts in fields ranging from business, the fine arts and computer science to humanities, the sciences and engineering. Whether students are in a lab, classroom or studio, left-brain and right-brain thinking unite within a collaborative, hands-on setting. Carnegie Mellon encourages students to think in new ways – to choose their program and change the world.
Carnegie Mellon University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes.114 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want.110 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage.109 responses
Computer Science175 Graduates
Electrical and Electronics Engineering149 Graduates
Mathematics & Statistics112 Graduates
Systems Science and Theory104 Graduates
Mechanical Engineering101 Graduates
Business Administration and Management57 Graduates
Chemical Engineering53 Graduates
Drama and Theatre Production50 Graduates
Materials Science48 Graduates
- of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join.105 responses
- of students say no one pays attention to varsity sports.138 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation.55 responses
Carnegie Mellon University Reviews
Sports? Nah. Don't go there for sports. Campus? A lot better now then when I was there! Dorms? They're OK but moved off campus after 1st year. Parties? Well my group of friends had a lot of house parties but this was more Art, Design, Drama and random stragglers group ;) Pittsburgh? Wasn't convinced at the time (wanted to be in NYC) but it's a good place to go to school - enough to do, fairly safe, pretty cheap to live, plenty of arts and culture if you want it, decent food, etc.
Finally, as we move towards the age of Artificial Intelligence (think Uber's self-driving cars in Pittsburgh) and the Internet of Things, there is no better place to be than CMU if you want to be on the cutting edge.