Carlow University Reviews

I like how the professors are so nice to the students and helpful. I just finished my first year of the university and I liked most of it. I like how the school has tutors to help student in need. carlow is so great because most of the people the are nice it is not like high school were people are so childish. I love the school colors and how the buildings are set up. The is a science which makes things easier to find all the science classes. one thing I would like o see change at carlow is the food. I hate the food so much because it is just so tastless to me. Another thing I would like to see change at carlow is the for the school to give more scholarship or grants to students in need.
Carlow is a wonderful school. I feel that they genuinely do want you to succeed. I also feel that a lot of the people I have met here are some of my closest friends. Overall, I know that my program is quite difficult, but in a good way where it pushes you.
Carlow was an amazing experience for me. The small school feel in the middle of Oakland was the perfect mix. The professors are great and always willing to help. Everyone at the school is supportive and goal oriented. As Carlow grows as a university, I encourage anyone seeking a degree to check it out.
Start Your Review of Carlow University
I really enjoyed my time at Carlow University. One of the things I liked the most was how personal everyone was; we all knew each other, and everyone said hello to one another in passing. Additionally, the professors all knew who you were, and I think that helped me personally in each class.
One thing I did not like was the parking. I understand that for a city school, parking is always going to be limited. However, I feel that since they charge so much per student for a parking permit, they could invest in a parking garage or something
Had a very good experience at Carlow during my four years of undergrad, that I even decided to come back to pursue my graduate degree here. Like that there is the option for traditional classes or online classes. The classes are small enough that professors are able to work one on one with you if you need it.
Carlow is a great for academics but it doesn't have the best diversity or student life. All of the staff and professors are great and helpful. My experience at Carlow has been okay but I do believe it could be improved.
I’ve been at Carlow for 4 years. The majority of the campus is located up on a hill. This university is great for students who are looking for smaller classes and want to build a good connection with their instructor and peers. There’s a lot of resources available as well when it comes to needing help with finding jobs, internships, and getting involved around the campus. The instructors at Carlow are great. They communicate well and are willing to assist you as need. The academics are good and well rounded, you learn about your major as well as, others that can connect to your major. The classes are used to help you in your academic career and personal life. The school is Catholic, and its morals, values are well respected and valuable. I would recommend Carlow to anyone who wants to be apart of a smaller campus and receive a great education at a private institute.
Thus far my experience at Carlow has been awesome. My teachers has been great. As long as i study and stay focused I get good grades. Thus, far I have no grades lower than a B-. I have learned so much, and anticipate to learn much more!
The education and environment at Carlow is average and comparable to most other campuses and institutions in the area.
My experience at Carlow University ws a rather wonderful experience my freshman year. The school is perfect for being it’s own small slice of pie. I love the fact that Carlow is small because it helps you to concentrate and stay focused and there are so many opportunities for tutoring or any type of academic experience you need.
Very dangerous location where student lots abut the crime-ridden Hill District. The worst part is the unsophisticated program in counseling. Anyone gets in, so fellow grad students are academically weak and usually graduates of only Carlow. So, there's no diversity. Courses were so watered down, many grad students don't learn very much. Staff does not collaborate with students; there is a broad divide between profs and students like in the olden days.
Carlow is a great university with wonderful opportunities and gives you a chance to meet new and interesting people from all over.
I love this school! The only con is that there is not off campus housing, but it is a very small college.
I definitely like a few things about Carlow. One main thing I like is the class size. I never have more than 25 people in my classes which allows me to have one on one time with the professor after class if needed. I also like how safe I feel living on campus.
I absolutely love Carlow University. I like how there are small classes and the teachers are extremely helpful. If you ever feel like you're struggling or get discouraged there is always someone around to talk you through it or make you smile. The professors make sure you understand the materials before you leave the classroom. If u happen not to get it they are always available for after hours other than classroom time. If I could change anything about Carlow I would change the dorm settings and probably how the classrooms are set up. The dorms are old fashion and it's community bathroom. That is one thing that I don't like. Also depending where u have class some of the classrooms are the same way.
The campus and administration at Carlow is what every first year student would want to experience. The community is welcoming and the classrooms aren't hard to find. The professors are always looking to help a student succeed. If a student is looking into a college that has a small community but has the city experience, Carlow University is where that student should apply. Carlow University has a new education system they follow which is called the COMPASS. The COMPASS lets the student take courses outside of their major and the reason Carlow does this is to help their students be more well rounded when it comes to the real world. I am currently going to be enrolled into the nursing program and I am still taking courses related to my major but I am also taking a writing and theology course which has made me more aware of the opportunities I have here at Carlow University.
Great small school with dedicated professors
Start Your Review of Carlow University
Really nice and awesome! A few students really helped to improve campus security with our ideas of leaving the lights on more and increasing the amount of officers on campus as well. They definitely took our concerns into consideration.
Very easy! Sam is one of the best people to help with admissions!
Very spacious but homey feel to it. I love the new and old amenities mixed into the school.