Carleton College Reviews

I am so impressed with Carleton. Their standards and practices for academic, social and physical well-being are beyond my expectations.
I love Carleton. It is a supportive school with incredible professors and wonderful opportunities. There is always something to be involved in, but it is just as easy to take a step back and spend some time in the arboretum when you need it. Northfield is a sweet little town with a cozy vibe.
People will help you when you need it.
Great professors.
It would had been great if we had more of the popular classes.
Start Your Review of Carleton College
Incredible academics with opportunities to match. If you're passionate about anything, Carleton will give you what you need to make it happen.

Socially, however, be prepared to be in the middle of nowhere Minnesota. It's cold, it's not tasty, and it's really white.
Carleton has wonderful faculty and their selling point would definitely be the academics. Carleton is also very generous with giving financial aid to students, which has helped me tremendously. Although it is secluded in a small town, I find this to be very good for my safety (honestly, you'll probably be too busy being on campus to even want to go to the cities). I think the dorms are above average for a lot of colleges in America. I've visited many, and Carleton's "worst dorm" (which I lived in) was very nice. Overall, great school! Can't wait to finish my degree.
I enjoyed the top-ranked academics and the focus on undergraduate teaching. The students were passionate about learning without being competitive.
It's a great liberal arts school where the faculty members really care about each and every student, and sees the potential in you. You can grow so much here academically and personally, great supportive community and intellectually stimulating. Very intense academic course but, you will be able to see the best in yourself!
Absolutely amazing school. World class professors and an uncompetitive academic environment mean you engage with your classmates and focus on real learning. The town is small, so there aren't many bars, but there are always good parties happening on campus that everyone is welcome to attend. Some of the athletics teams are really good, like national competitors. Other teams aren't but students still go to the games to cheer on their friends and socialize with each other. Carleton is a very challenging place, but at the same time everyone is willing to help you.
I have lived in Northfield all of my life, and I can honestly say that Carleton has always been a dream school of mine. I was part of the "buddy" program that they run, and I met an amazing college student. She showed me what her life is like on and off campus, and I got to meet amazing people. It is an absolutely beautiful campus full of stunning buildings. The community is amazing as well, for there are a tremendously small amount of incidents regarding theft, etcetera. This is definitely in my top choice of schools.
It is an incredible education experience. I do not feel like I am just a face among the crowd but feel as if I am building lasting relationships with my peers and professors.
Carleton is very academic. You will have the access to professors and all sorts of educational resources. The food and dorm are pretty bad, to be honest. The sports is definitely not the biggest thing here. Frisbee people will tell you they are national D1 champion but it's "club D1", which is not even as competitive as "NCAA Division 3". You will meet a lot of weird people but definitely worth spending 4 years there. Parties are fine. People do drink a lot though.
Carleton is a great liberal arts school with professors that care about the students as well as students that care about the students. It is a nice school if you want to go on a school outside of the city, but if you are a city person, then Carleton would not be the best place to be. Finally, the academics is very good!
Love everything about Carleton! The surrounding area is very safe because it's right next to a small town, and the professors are so knowledgeable in what they teach. Plus, they're available whenever you need them.
Carleton has excellent academics, professors, friends, every extracurricular you've ever dreamt of and more, a beautiful arboretum, and it is a wonderful environment for trying new things.
My experience at Carleton has been challenging, but incredible. Overall, I would highly recommend this college to anyone who genuinely loves learning and is comfortable in a liberal climate.
I have had a great time at Carleton. There are so many amazing professors who care about their students. This is really important because it is not something you will find at every college.
Absolutely love this school. Professors are great, the community is welcoming. I play a varsity sport here too and it's been a wonderful experience. It's definitely challenging, but so worth it in the end.
Start Your Review of Carleton College
At Carleton College the professors, staff, custodians, and alumni all want to see you succeed. Before my Calculus 2 final I said hi to a custodian who I had never talked to before and at that particular point I was feeling low and a bit discouraged. After talking to her for a little bit and a hug I was ready for my exam. Carleton is not an easy college but there is a village supporting each person here. Carls help Carls.
Carleton's community and academics are amazing. Inclusive community and dedicated, skilled professors.
Carleton has an incredible community of passionate individuals. The environment is quite intense, but I'm grateful to have experienced it. I've been forced to learn how to ask for support and take care of myself. And I've found many people--students and professors--who care about my well being and inspire me to grow.