Carleton College Reviews

Carleton has excellent academics, professors, friends, every extracurricular you've ever dreamt of and more, a beautiful arboretum, and it is a wonderful environment for trying new things.
My experience at Carleton has been challenging, but incredible. Overall, I would highly recommend this college to anyone who genuinely loves learning and is comfortable in a liberal climate.
I have had a great time at Carleton. There are so many amazing professors who care about their students. This is really important because it is not something you will find at every college.
Start Your Review of Carleton College
Absolutely love this school. Professors are great, the community is welcoming. I play a varsity sport here too and it's been a wonderful experience. It's definitely challenging, but so worth it in the end.
At Carleton College the professors, staff, custodians, and alumni all want to see you succeed. Before my Calculus 2 final I said hi to a custodian who I had never talked to before and at that particular point I was feeling low and a bit discouraged. After talking to her for a little bit and a hug I was ready for my exam. Carleton is not an easy college but there is a village supporting each person here. Carls help Carls.
Carleton's community and academics are amazing. Inclusive community and dedicated, skilled professors.
Carleton has an incredible community of passionate individuals. The environment is quite intense, but I'm grateful to have experienced it. I've been forced to learn how to ask for support and take care of myself. And I've found many people--students and professors--who care about my well being and inspire me to grow.
The school has an incredibly open community; cliques are fluid and almost anyone is welcome and can feel comfortable sitting with any group. Dining hall food is great, although there are few good restaurants in the area. Classes are fantastic and the trimester system works very well for people who live far away (winter break extends from before thanksgiving to after new years). In addition, the trimester system allows students to fit three academic terms into one year while focusing more intensely on less during those terms, all the while still leaving room for a long winter break.
The biggest downside for me is that students seem less individual and more self-effacing than some other similar liberal arts colleges.
Absolutely adore this school in every way possible... incredible academics, a once in a lifetime opportunity of learning in its purest form.
Coming from a very violent background, Carleton is just amazing: I do not have to worry anytime about people coming in and out of rooms and buildings, and anyone can walk 247 alone without being in danger.
Residential life is one of the best parts of Carleton. Students, staff and security do a great job keeping this place tidy, comfortable and fun every single day. I just love it so much.
People do not care about varsity sports, but many people do participate in intramural sports.
The class selection is so amazing that it is almost overwhelming. All of the classes are so interesting and quirky -- this term I am taking a course called the Anthropology of Humor which has been absolutely fascinating. The professors all knew my name by the end of the first week and made an effort to connect with each of us. It is hard to come by professors as passionate and caring as the professors at Carleton.
The Career Center reaches out to each student and has incredible programming designed to help students get internships, externships, connect with alumni, and find jobs for after graduation. I feel very good about my job prospects upon graduation.
I feel generally safe on campus, even walking around alone at night. Also, security is very responsive and will always walk you anywhere at any time if you feel unsafe. Sexual assault is an issue as it is on most American college campuses, but I do feel that the administration and students are taking active steps towards diminishing the problem. It seems that the rate of sexual assault at Carleton is lower than other campuses of similar size/setting.
Some of the dorms aren't as nice as other but all of them are nicer than the average dorm at other college campuses.
The rec center is very nice and well-equipped. We also have a state of the art climbing/bouldering facility.
Start Your Review of Carleton College
Carleton is everything I had hoped for in a college experience and more. The people are all incredibly down to earth and ambitious yet not competitive. I am getting a liberal arts education in its finest sense surrounded by other extremely bright individuals who are passionate about learning. I would describe the overall culture of the school as quirky, but in the best way. I feel so blessed to be attending a college where the professors truly care about their students and I can receive an amazing education while surrounded by some of the friendliest, most peculiar, interesting individuals I have ever met.
Usually parties are between cliques on campus, with a few club sport progressives. Other than that, they're nothing much.
For students under 21 it's pretty much nonexistent. There's one bar in town that seems to enjoy having Carleton students around, but it's fairly hard to get in if you're underage. Even if you are 21, it's not that great.