Capitol Technology University Reviews

I like Capital College because resources available and the education I can receive here is something that most colleges and universities don't offer. Capital Technology University is an unknown treasure that when found can help you reach your dreams in life. Capital Tech is a place where I can be comfortable embracing my geek in me. Capital Tech offers programs that caught my attention for example, Mobile Computing and Game Programming and Software Engineering. Game programming is something I have done in the past and I enjoyed it but to find out I can do that as a major is something that I know most colleges don't offer. Capital Tech also offers a wide range of internships such as, Department of Defense (DoD),National Security Agency (NSA), and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) just to name a few but being able to be offered these internships is something that I know can help propel my career.
I like the campus, etc. Professors and administration are nice. I plan pursue a degree in Information Technology at CTU.
Good school, off the beaten path, great teachers, 1 on 1 tutoring if required, small in depth classes, lots of opportunity for extra curricular activities, generous scholarship program, evening classes for working individuals
Start Your Review of Capitol Technology University
The academics at the university is mostly towards cyber security, computer science, engineering, aerospace, and business. The professors and teachers for those academics are really good. One of the professors really helps the newcomers to any class he teaches and breaks it down for you. The learning center is a perfect place to go to if your struggling really bad in one of your classes.

The campus is really small, but doesn't have a lot of things to do unless an event is going on. Students can live in the towers that is shared between other universities like college park and Bowie near the Metro. A shuttle does travel between those two places to drop off students who have classes. There's no major parties going on campus and sports teams we have that play seriously. The campus have a lot of geeks and nerds that is into computers, video games, and anime.

Finally, the financial aid office will help anyway they can to help your tuition and make sure you can come to Capitol.
Capitol is a small school that specializes in Electrical, Computer, Aerospace and Cyber security engineering.

The teachers are really knowledgeable in those subjects, but there is a limited variety of courses offered in other subjects. Some professors are dedicated and helpful while others can be somewhat inconsistent.

A lot of classes, especially general studies, are offered in the form of live online lectures. All classes are small between 5 - 40.
Despite being kind of unheard of outside STEM communities, Capitol is well respected by employers. A significant amount students get internships from government departments or major government contractors( DOD, NASA, Lockheed Martin).

Many students have jobs waiting before they graduate. A Lot of graduates work for the government directly or indirectly. The rest are spread out among telecommunications, computer networking, cyber security and power distribution companies. Our alumni association is pretty strong, They donate a lot of scholarship money.
I feel safe on campus. We're small so everyone sort of knows each other. Also, the main campus is kind of isolated in the suburbs, so we don't have much time.
I chose the option to live in the off campus apartments at the Towers at University Town Center. Worked out pretty well for me though you either have to catch an hourly shuttle or have a twenty minute drive.
Going in you should know that Capitol is small, about 300-400 undergraduate students. As a whole the students are pretty reserved but friendly. Professors are pretty knowledgeable in their respective subjects, though certain adjunct faculty could be more attentive to students.
campus police presence is visual throughout campus
My career prospect is to become a Chief Information Security Officer and the courses that the school offers will enable me to do just that.
For those who live on campus, it is ok
This university is technical in nature preparing students for the information technology field.
Although I am a first time student, after speaking with professors and students, the university program is very comprehensive allowing one to graduate and get a job.
the dorms are old and squeaky
Its small and the professors are great
There is only a soccer field, but there is no soccer team. There is an ultimate Frisbee team and a football team.
Start Your Review of Capitol Technology University
The amount of students there is for each class is relatively small. The school is predominantly males. Jobs on campus are very difficult to get.
I go to school part-time but the professors are great and answer any questions you have as well as being straight-forward.
It's great, due to a strong emphasis to bridge theory and books with practical real world applications. With it's small size the educational experience is personalized.