1. Columbus, OH
  2. 4 Year

Capital University Reviews

liberal as all get out. If you have any views other than that of the university you will find yourself a outcast. there are very few republicans on campus. You cannot fly a Mississippi state flag here. But you can fly a LGBTQ flag.
I really loved how friendly everyone was. You know everyone on campus in a pretty short time, and I liked that the staff was always so welcoming. #CapFam is a real thing! However, the food is a huge minus. The cafeteria has poor gluten free items, and simple things like coffee are to expensive. A lot of the dorms are not ADA regulatory as well.
The academics are great. Slightly challenging but not impossible. The social life is off, however. Weekends and anytime past 4 on the weekdays, expect to see no one on campus. It becomes a ghost town and it's kinda strange for a college campus.
I felt that administrators, faculty, and staff were well acquainted with members of the student body, and took interest in students' success. In addition, degree programs are structured in such a way that it is more than possible to complete a double-major within the typical four-year period. However, because the university is small, many courses are only offered for a single session, making scheduling difficult.
I love how Capital University is a small school where you can always find a way to contact your professors. Since it is a small school you don't have to walk far from class to class.
I love the atmosphere at Capital University. When I arrived for a college tour here I instantly felt at home and welcomed. This college is one of my dream colleges.
I came from a small high school and I wanted to attend a smaller school. Capital University the perfect example of a small school. I am so glad i made the choice I did. Capital is located in Bexley, a small town, but only minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the big city--Columbus. Being at a small school, I know most of the students in all of my classes and all of my professors. Campus is friendly and most students are very involved in on-campus events. Some people think that going to a small college keeps you from really experiencing college, but that's not true. College is a crazy ride with lots of ups and downs and you will experience that at any school you attend. By being a small school Capital provides you with support through it all.
Capital is a relatively small school, so everything is very personal. You get a lot of personal attention, and there are a lot of opportunities for career building activities.
I like that it is a small school because class sizes are small and the professors are easy to get to know and contact. I think the school could do a better job of communicating events that are going on. News travels by word-of-mouth mostly, which is not efficient.
The Campus is gorgeous. The only part I really don't like too much is the atmosphere on the weekends. Lots of students go home so there is no one here. Also, there are a lot of cliques and making friends at first was hard.
Friendly people and helpful professors, they really want the best for you and to help you to succeed.
I very much enjoy attending this school and think it is a very nice community to be a part of. I enjoy the small class sizes and feeling cared about by the professors. They are all very understanding and are very willing to make accommodations in difficult situations. They care about the well-being of their students and do everything they can to help you if you fall behind.
A degree from this school is highly valued, and the school does everything they can to help students who are getting ready to graduate to find employment. They also do a great job of pairing students with internships while they are still in school, as many majors require at least one type of internship.
  • Value
I feel very safe and taken care of when I am on campus.
The housing is very typical to what you would expect dorm life to be like, not horrible but nothing too spectacular. It is pretty hot in the beginning of the year though with no air conditioning in two of the three dorms.
  • Housing
Greek life is very prevalent on campus, but it is not the end-all-be-all. People involved are still very good friends who are not involved, and although it does require heavy involvement most people in greek life are involved in several other ways on campus.
We definitely do not have the best sports teams around, but we do enjoy going and cheering on our teams. Our gyms are very well kept, and it is very easy to go workout and not feel intimidated if you aren't an athlete.
Everyone at school is like a big family, we all care about each other and are very tightly knit. Everyone is always wonderful to everyone else, and there's a mutual understanding that everyone can be whoever they want and there isn't any judgement.
Like I said before, my teachers are personable and helpful. The class sizes are relatively small since it is a small campus. That being said, it's not too difficult getting help. All the classes are useful in life. I had to take a gen-ed at 8 in the morning, and I thought I was just wasting my time and that I'd never use it in real life. I was wrong. I randomly pull out what I know sometimes and tell my family because they can use what I've learned. Nothing has been useless or in vain at all.
I've lived in one of two freshman (only) dorms. There is one more, but there are freshman as well ans upperclassmen. Mine was bigger than the other freshman only dorm even though they had AC. I didn't mind it too much because I could open my window and let the fresh air in at night. It was clean (cleaner than the horror stories established by the movies) and I didn't have problems with any of my hall-mates. Since campus is small, it wasn't bad to travel on campus. I don't have any complaints about my housing whatsoever.
  • Housing