Capital University Reviews

I am currently enrolled at Capital and looking to transfer. I am pursuing a BA in political science and, after one of their most renowned department professors leaves, they will only be offering a handful of poli sci courses this autumn. The university has committed dozens of critical health food violations and done little to improve eating facilities.
I love everything about Capital. I especially like the class sizes and how determined the professors are to help you graduate and reach your goals. The campus is beautiful and the people are just a plus.
I researched this university and it is a very nice college that has everything you could possibly need. Yes there might be a hefty price, but the overall experience is worth it.
Start Your Review of Capital University
I love the overall feel of the campus. They are very accepting of you and your interest. They have a one on one feeling with all of your teachers and overall is a wonderful school.
They are slowly improving campus, but it is taking forever to do so. The dorms are run down, and the food is tolerable but they also are working on improving. The new president is working to change the way campus has turned. The area is okay as long as you know where to walk and not to.
Good academics and faculty, most professors are super helpful! Class size is pretty small, good for someone who likes student faculty interaction and ask questions. On campus life, the student body is pretty conservative. ROI is good if you study hard, no problem getting a job in public accounting for me. The downside is the food, it has gone downhill like 2 years ago since the operation got outsourced to a different company.
I love the small campus and the sense of community! Even being a commuter, I still feel connected to my fellow students.
I love that the professors are dedicated, the campus is small, easy to navigate and just outside the city.
Capital University serves students with a sense of excellence. My experience with Capital University has proven to be a hardworking and self-advocating lesson.
Great professors for the most part, but the food it very poor. The campus's recent push for community engagement is great and all, but it'd be nice if that time, effort, and money went into maintaining/updating/renovating the on-campus housing and classrooms first. Facilities is short staffed and always behind or overworking the low number of employees they have, and it shows when the campus gets heavy rainfall or hosts an event it doesn't have the staff to clean up after. The education I am reviewing at Capital is wonderful, and I couldn't be happier with my professors and the friends I've made on campus. But it would be nice if the higher ups took care of their current "Cap Fam" before spending money on appearances.
Capital has offered me many opportunities to network through my close faculty relationships. I am still shocked at the willingness of my professors to assist me in class and beyond.

I have not lived in a residence hall for a couple years, but I really appreciate the ability to live in university-owned homes, apartments, and townhomes.

Truly the academics and close faculty relationships are what I came here for, and that's what I'm getting. Improvements have been made to student life in the last 5 years, which adds a good environment to the campus. The food situation seems to be an issue with students, but I have no experience. I love being in the Columbus area, and Bexley does well to accommodate students and make us feel included.
It was very organized and the staff was very welcoming. I applied to attend this college and it is at the top of my list. I would love to learn more about it as I am deciding on a college
I love the nursing program at Capital University and how it allows you to begin nursing sooner than most colleges. It also has very invested professors that are always available and flexible with their office hours. There are many resources that help you to succeed in your academic assignments which is very useful. I believe Capital could be even better if they renovated/updated some of the older things on campus because the dorms could definitely use some changing. I think it would be great if it could have more modern and up-to-date things on campus as well as more diversity.
Cap is nice in theory, but in reality, at least with my freshman class, I don’t know a single person who doesn’t party and drink a ton on the weekends. I have seen it first hand, and as a non-drinker and non-partier, it makes me VERY uncomfortable. As a nursing major, I feel like the nursing degree isn’t taken as seriously here. For example, every one of my friends who are nursing majors at different schools are not taking the bs classes Cap makes us take freshman year, but they are actually taking classes that are important to our major, like anatomy and physiology and microbiology, and are then having more time in the clinical field. Other than that the food isn’t great, as has been mentioned, but there are some really great extracurricular activities and President Paul is really a great woman.
Honestly, I believe that this school gets more recognition that deserved. Academically, I couldnt have chosen a better school to attend. However, when it comes to the culture and diversity, it lacks.
I couldn't have made a better decision than coming to Cap. Although I'm only freshman , it's been some of the best months of my life.
I was immediately welcomed by everyone and I have never been surrounded by so many kind people.
Capital truly cares about their students and made welcome weekend awesome. I went to many events that were provided and met the girls who are now my best friends.
While moving in, there were so many volunteers that I didn't have to carry anything myself.
There were AMAZING OL's to help make my transition smooth and made me so much more comfortable.
The only complaints I have are the food, and parking. I got food poisoning and the options are limited in the dining hall. The freshman parking lot is only open a few hours of the day and I don't always have access to my car.
The Capital University experience is one I would not trade for the world. Everyone here is friendly, the professors want you to succeed, and you can always feel at home. The campus is small, though, so if you don't mind running into people that you know then you're all set!
Start Your Review of Capital University
I really enjoy the small campus and the beauty of it. It feels like a second home with everything being so close together.
I really enjoy living here at Capital along with being a part of the Capfam. Coming in as a freshman I instantly felt welcome and now returning for my second year I once again feel welcomed to return. Capital is a very accepting University and tries to meet all students needs and concerns.
This small private school is located in the heart of Columbus, oh and has a lot to offer. It has great staff and faculty as well as a great location.