Capella University Reviews

3,119 reviews
I had some great instructors. I did have one that was quit challenging. I wanted to finish and obtain my degree.
They have advisors who are truly there to help with all needs for every student. I wish I was able to finish graduate school.
Online school. Approved by the VA. Some classes do not have a unified format. Most do though. So, certain classes will require certain things that don't seem to be on the syllabus. Apart from that, the classes seem well put together and organized.
Start Your Review of Capella University
Online is great, I really was not a fan of the thought of getting my masters online because I like the face to face interaction but with how it is set up you do not feel alone. Your professor as well as fellow students are always there to lend help.
Capella is very welcoming to all students, whether you are fresh out of high school or an adult student getting back into the swing of school. They are informative as well as understanding. They care about their students and care about the students success as well.
The whole system is designed to slow you down and delay your graduation. If you don't mind taking twice as long to graduate as other colleges, then you can take advantage of the 100% acceptance rate the very easy classes.
It has the best online courses ever. Anyone can use their computer friendly atmosphere. They also have two different types of class types. They have a guided path and a flex path. Where you can take a course at a regular pace or take a course as fast as you want to finish it. I would change two things about this college, I would make more scholarships available to apply to and cheaper tuition. The bad thing about the campus being in Minnesota, its harder for students that live in other states to keep up with the current scholarship offers. Being a popular college, the tuition is very expensive. Its hard for financial aid to be covered by the governments grant. The teachers are all online and they all live in different states but they are always there for their students. The classmates are from all over the world and the class is very diverse. I have met some wonderful classmates. The online campus is all about school and there is no time for partying and chaos like other campuses.
The set up on online school is wonderful. The staff are very helpful. Grading and everything is clear. I have nothing bad to say about attending Capella online university and would recomend it to anyone.
I have taken classes online at Capells for years now and it has always been a rewarding experience. I love the way they have their online system set up, the teachers are very helpful and I really have nothing bad to say about my online experience with Capella.
I received my masters degree in reading and literacy in 2018. I have attended other universities in the past, and I have to say that Capella University was by far the most challenging. The instructors were very invested in my education. The work was demanding yet relevant to my field of study.

I had never attended an online school so I was not sure what to expect. I am old-fashioned and tend to prefer the brick and mortar schools, but I did have to perform field experiences which mandated that I apply my studies to real-world situations.

I was also able to learn from my fellow classmates. At least two post and two responses were required each week per class. The professors even commented on posts and gave in depth insight on my assignments which made my work feel valued.

The course of study was laid out, and I knew exactly what courses to take next to get further to my completion date. The admissions office was very friendly and provided me with assistance when needed.
I had never attended an online school before. I was not sure what to expect, but the experience was very fulfilling. Although an online school does not have a school community in the traditional sense, I still felt that I was able to collaborate very nicely with my fellow classmates and instructors. I was able to learn from other classmates and vice versa through our weekly discussions. Each course required many readings that correlated with my assignments, discussion posts, and projects.
What I like about Capella the flexibility to my classes and the professors that help you excel. I have been very please with the Masters program that I am in because it is preparing me for my future career. Every time I get stuck in a dilemma my professors, academic coaches and other staff are always willing to help.
I choose Capella after reviewing many other schools because of the culture they have built and how they are interested in the success of the student. My over all experience with Capella has been excellent and rewarding.
The FlexPath program is absolutely amazing, especially its set tuition rate. I'm able to focus on my assignments and work on them at any time, with any deadline of my choosing. For example, if I want to finish an entire class's assignment at 4 am, I can. All the faculty is extremely helpful and there are tons of resources to help as well. Love this university!
Start Your Review of Capella University
The assignments vary by professor and so do the learning formats. Some classes have weekly labs where a tutor will answer all questions and have a walk-through of the week's lesson. Some classes are on your own to read, study, and finish assignments (but help is available via varied tutors: class TA, writing tutor, librarian assistance, etc). Very your own pace and flexible/understanding,
Great Professors and good learning environment. Excellent learning materials the Professors are always ready to go an extra mile for students.
Great faculty members, good members of staff. They all always go extra miles and ready to help. They slack in sending in my ID card though, it's taking too long.