Canisius College Reviews

I love the atmosphere at Canisius. At the start of the year you see people running all over the place to hug their friends. This never stops all school year. It truly feels like home.
Canisius College is a great place to attend college. The professors and advisors truly show that they care about you. It is a small environment where you have the opportunity to know and get close to a lot of students, professors and advisors. It is located in a great area that is close to downtown Buffalo but far enough away where you are safe.
You can do better than this place. Most students here go to school because they have to, not because they want to. This is a safety school for better or worse.
Financial aid is really good by private school standards. Food is hit or miss. It is a Jesuit school but all religions are accepted. Surrounding area is sketchy. Minimal school spirit, volunteerism, or extracurricular involvement. Expect to feel surrounded by Biology or ABEC (Animal Science) majors. Easy to feel isolated. Professors are great. However, you will either feel overwhelmed in work or feel that you have nothing to do; there is very little in-between. Housing options are good.
Students here are very clique-ish. On Friday nights expect the student body to be at exclusive-feeling nearby house parties, working off-campus, or in their rooms watching Netflix. Study abroad options are poor. Wrong place to go if you wish to grow and feel intellectually stimulated. Bottom line, this place is a last resort.
Review Your College
I love Canisius with all of my heart. For me to be able to go here and get an education is a dream come true, however, there isn't really a lot to do around here. Unless you are someone with enough money to go out and do something, then you are doomed to just sit around and not have anything to do.
Canisius College is the most caring and most social college one can come to. If one is shy then don't worry the college helps you break out of the shell with how social everyone is here. There is never a time that there is nothing to do, there is always events to attend and clubs to join. Professors are amazing they really give you the attention you need, and they actually hear you if you approach them.
I like the atmosphere. The school is very welcoming and is full of nice people. There are many clubs and organizations on campus. I also like that this is a Jesuit school and the service learning portion is very important. However, it is very expensive. I would like to see the tuition price decrease.
I Absolutely enjoy the people here. There are plenty of things to do around here whether it be to listen to a guest speaker, clubs, or concerts. I think that the only downside is the price, but then again college is expensive no matter where you go.
They have lots of different opportunities
  • Value
Small class sizes. Lots of course options
They have lots of security measures in place
I love living on the honors floor
  • Housing
What makes my school unique is the small class sizes
You meet a lot of people living on campus, but it is more expensive than living off campus.
Pretty goood shool, although I don't have anything to compare it to. I have met lots of great people and have enjoyed many of the classes as well.
The professors are pretty straight forward, no nonsense kind of people. Their word is their bond and they take their jobs seriously.They try making each student feel important without picking anyone out. The work load is average and nothing is to be handed in late.
A degree is a degree no matter where you get it from but, in the real world its just an added bounus and it gives you great pride to say you graduated from Canisius.
  • Value
I havent been attending Canisius long but so far I feel very good about my safety and security. The students, for the most part, take these things seriously but drinking is an issue.
Review Your College
I do not now nor have I ever, live on campus.
I, myself have never really been into that type of thing so I dont know much about Greek life. Nor, do I discuss it with others.
There are areas that could use work, but the overall school spirit is wonderful. The students are always the life of the party as one. Together, though, the team performance is amazing. Each member helps to uplift the other. Its a team that anyone would be proud to be on.