Canisius College Reviews

My online experience at Canisius College was much more prevalent then I expected it to be, initially, I was enrolled completely brick and mortar before gradually teachers became unsafe with the concept of Covid and in person classes, so naturally my classes began to move online. With this, I expected for the teachers to struggle and be unsure with how to use the technology that would be necessary for day to day class; but to my surprise, the teachers were well versed and efficient in the use of the technology and the transition was extremely smooth. I was very happy with the zoom meetings and the ability to keep the class entertained and excited to learn even with the circumstances. Overall, I was very pleased and happy with the experience that I had learning online at Canisius College.
I am only a freshman at Canisius College, but have really enjoyed my time that I have spent at the College. The people and the professors are extraordinary and truly care about your well being and your education, something I find extremely important in an education. Furthermore, they're very personable, the amount of times I have had a question and/or needed help on an assignment has been far too many times to count on two hands. The teachers ability to be open for communication through zoom calls or quick email responses is very helpful and makes the student feel important to the community they are involved in. My only reason for not giving a 5-star review would be due to Covid, the school struggled initially with finding a way to create a safe way of handling the issue; however, towards the end of the semester they found their grove and were able to handle the situation much more efficiently. I have been pleased so far and look forward to my future at Canisius College.
Canisius is great for me, its really close to where I live which makes it ideal for me, I am a non traditional grad student so it works for me.
Start Your Review of Canisius College
Online learning is not ideal, but its what you need to do right now. But I do appreciate what Canisius is doing because its not in their control.
Professors are very easy with online learning, as they are struggling as well. But they will set strict due dates so it is good to keep a calendar!
Canisius College has a very beautiful campus, except for the parking ramp. The ramp is legal and able to stand said by professionals, but sometimes it crumbles and it makes me afraid my car will get crushed. The professors are really nice if you get on their good side, which isn't hard. The students are very nice as well!
I took a few classes online, and each time they went well. Professors do their best at communicating expectations clearly and are always available to answer questions if need be. Resources are easily accessible online, making it easy to go through course materials and complete assignments. Exams are open book for the most part, making it easy to do well in the courses.
Canisius is a small school that has a great campus community. Class sizes are small, professors truly care and want to get to know you, and everyone here does their best to help you succeed. There are student activities every week and the student body is always involved and makes the events fun!
Canisius College is a fantastic, small liberal arts school. The class sizes are great and there are lots of opportunities for collaboration with faculty. If anything, the only downfall to being a small school is the lack of student engagement in programing and school spirit.
COVID19 forced online learning. Although it was not an ideal circumstance, the professors adapted very quickly and made online learning as painless as possible.
Online courses were amazing. Great professors. Quick response times to questions. Professors really know content and care for students.
I like the small campus. I see familiar faces every day. There are a ton of events to attend and the food is pretty good. There are lots of choices. The professors also care about the students and their participation. Overall I have had a very pleasant experience during my first year here.
The professors are awesome and very helpful!
Its a perfect size (small) but also requires some walking. So many resources and everyone wants you to do your best.
The teachers and the staff are fantastic. They are patient and willing to work with the students. I love being at Canisius and I know that my future is in good hands.
The math department is very good. The orchestra is fun to be part of. And the music minor is fun. The college is great in general.
The school's campus is nice.The academics is good.Not too much homework, until the end of the semester and it is easy to keep up with all assignments and also balance school work and a social life.The class sizes are very small, which makes it very easy for students to get as much attention as they may need to help them succeed.One of the great things about the campus is that it is connected by underground tunnels so that when the terrible cold and hard snow of buffalo hits, you do not have to go outside from your dorm room which is very convenient.However the food in the dining hall can be very subpar considering the amount of money we pay for it.Also, the way you pay for lunch and dinner is very confusing and the things they have for dinner is usually not as good as what they have for lunch.They do have a place called Iggy's which is a life saver because they have food that is actually worth eating.The school life here is pretty good besides the fact that it is not really diverse.
I love the campus, there is so much to do and explore. I also love the students and faculty, they are like family. One change I would like to see is no rats in the dorms.
Start Your Review of Canisius College
I am enrolled in a master's program here , and I am thoroughly disappointed by nearly everything about Canisius. The academics lack rigor and creativity. The professors are not highly educated or advanced in their field (with a few exceptions). My undergraduate institution was far more rigorous, but Canisius refuses to except some of my undergraduate credits. The lack of diversity of background and thought is stark. I expected so much more from this program.
When I went to visit Canisius College it seemed great. I was wrong. Its very cliquey and if you don’t do sports you’re already a step behind for making friends. Some teachers are great and some are terrible. The food options are very limited and is VERY cheap. The buildings are also very old with the science hall exception. Parking is hard, debris from the parking garage falls on people’s car. The dorm rooms are okay. Some of them can be dirty. carpets are old, the paint is chipping and the stairways are never clean. Perhaps the biggest problem is the lack of safety. They have their own department but all you ever see them do is hand out parking tickets. The garage is a 10 minute walk from the closest dorm hall. Bad side of Buffalo is only a block or two away. There is also a specific crosswalk used to get to the main side of campus but cars frequently blow through it. For some reason they took out the pedestrian lights which makes it worse.
I love Canisius College, it was everything I have expected it to be. I have made wonderful friends here, the atmosphere is not really diverse, but it is what you make it. College have allowed me to be more open things that I was scared of doing before, and even just going out more in general. I love how many club they have here, I personally enjoyed the Afro club and Colleges Against Caner Club. The campus is very safe, so you do not having nothing worry about.
I would totally recommend students to attend a Kairos Retreat, it is so refreshing especially if you are going to be a incoming freshman.