Canisius College Reviews

This school is so small that students get the attention they need from professors. The library is the best library a college student could ask for. There is very little parking for commuters and the location is not the safest. However, my overall experience with Canisius College was fantastic. This college makes it easy to learn and succeed with the amazing staff that they have hired.
I loved getting to know my community and make the friends and experience that I did. The classes were engaging and made it easy to get help if needed. The food was sub par, but there are a BUNCH of local restaurants near by! Party life is pretty dull if that's something you're super into I may reconsider your school choice.
I like the small class sizes at Canisius and how well you can get to know your professors. Also, since this is buffalo and it is normally cold here, I really enjoy the tunnel system that takes me right from my dorm building to my classes. What I would like to see change is the food options here, I don’t think there are enough of them. On top of that, the food locations on campus have inconvenient hours. The library hours are another thing I would change, I believe the library should be open 24 hours, at least during the week.
Start Your Review of Canisius College
Smaller class sizes, you get to know you're teachers and the students around you, always lots of club meetings and events, lots of tutoring and advisement available to help you out.
I love the close knit feel, and community style learning. I wish we had more opportunities to work with the community than just service learning, and that more on campus jobs were available to students who do not qualify for work study. I would also love to see housing that allows for pets on campus without the need for emotional support animal paperwork to be filled out.
Overall I have enjoyed my time at Canisius. I live being in the city and having lots around us to explore/visit. He campus holds a lot of fun events and gives away free stuff often. The food is not great at all- I wish there was more healthy options. Otherwise, I’ve found my time at Canisius to be enjoyable.
Great campus with great faculty and staff. Professors who genuinely want students to succeed. Manageable class sizes.
Canisius is a great school if you’re looking for small class sizes and a tight knit community. It is very easy here to make connections and get to know professors and faculty. The city of Buffalo is a great college city where you can find lots to do and many places to eat and drink. Overall it is a fun place to be and I know I’m getting a great education.
If you come w/ extremely high expectations you will likely be disappointed. Others agree, 6 of my friends are transferring and I am Fall 2018. Food is good at first, but the menu never changes so it gets old, open hours are bad. Its finals week and I have 100+ meal swipes left ( waste $). Elevators in the dorms broke 8 times this semester, sirens go off constantly at night. Tunnels only go to old main. So it's a 15min walk to HS in the sweltering sun or snow. Freshman who come in w/ transfer credits are screwed if they want to get into any classes other than their foundations ( ENG 101, RST 101, etc). If you get bored there's not a lot to do unless you have $ to spend. They also truly did not lower tuition, they cut hundreds of thousands of dollars in scholarships and your financial aid will now lower now too. However, each year I got around 5 "free" shirts and a pair of sweatpants!
I would like to see this campus to become more integrated. This is a predominately Caucasian private institution. Not only African Americans, I would like to see more of every ethnicity.
Canisius has a beautiful campus, a good academic programs, great dorms, and all the people are very nice!
Canisius College has a beautiful campus nestled into a busy section of Main St. in North Buffalo. While this is a private school so tuition is expensive, the school has been committed to lowering costs and providing financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Canisius faculty and staff truly care about the well being and safety of the students here. Canisius has great campus security that works tirelessly to keep the community safe.
Canisius has brought me out of my shell. There's constant opportunities to join various clubs and teams. Everyone is inviting. The work is hard but its worth it in the long run.
I like that Canisius is a very small college. There is always a familiar face around the corner. I also like the small class sizes that allow for me to ay better attention.
The campus atmosphere is 1 in a million, everyone is extremely friendly and trustworthy, the professors are amazing, the academics are engaging and interesting. Not to mention the variety of things offered to do on campus or through the clubs and programs the college offers. Truly an all around great college, it offers a little of everything to everyone and does it all so well
I personally was not happy with this school at all. The only thing that got me through it was an old friend from high school to be honest. After my first year, I just had to transfer. There wasn't enough to offer for what I wanted to do and the campus is felt so....depressing to me. There was only about 3 professors that I had in the whole year that I actually had felt they cared about their students. Diversity was just terrible. In every class I'd either be the only person of color or 1 of 2 in class. The amount of debt I have over tuition from that one year I attended is just sad too, I had to take out several loans because financial aid wasn't enough smh.
It's disappointing to say this because Canisius was my #1 option and I was so excited to be there when I went through the tour and orientation but as the school year went by, I just felt constant anxiety and stress and I just overall didn't feel as if I belonged there.
My only complaint with the school is the price tag. I feel it is an amazing school that offers great majors, just it is limited by financials. Some majors have it better off than others. The student population is amazing, the professors are so wonderful, and the city of Buffalo is so easy to fall in love with!
Start Your Review of Canisius College
Would not recommend. To anyone. Not a good school.

You can do better. Biggest complaint is it's near impossible to get involved in research because the school is so small. Second complaint is that financial aid packages are ridiculous. You get an average education for an astronomical price.
I love Canisius because it's comfortable for me. It has small classes and you are able to connect with your professors. They are very inviting and friendly. Each professor is different and you can learn so much from them. The campus is beautiful especially the Quad during the winter. The underground tunnels help during the winter if you don't like the cold. There is something for everyone and a variety of clubs for everyone even if you commute.
For the positives, the biology department is great.The honors program is also good, giving students cool options for classes and a small class size. The dorm buildings are nice for freshmen. As for the negatives, there are a lot. Student Life is horrible, I had 2 terrible roommate experiences that student life did the worst job handling and it left me depressed with no one to help me. Most of the students at this school are disrespectful and it seems that most only care about partying (which goes on every Friday and Saturday night in surrounding houses and dorm rooms). The athletes here get special treatment and it seems as though the school only cares about them. I do not feel safe at all on campus. The neighborhood is sketchy. Be very careful around here, in one year there have been 2 shootings in the area, a student getting harassed on the street nearby, and a student getting robbed on her way back to her dorm. The food is also terrible.