- 4 Year
- GRAND RAPIDS, MI
COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
We will host safe on-campus living and learning again in fall 2021. We follow state guidelines, and our preparation and planning led to our students’ safe and successful return to campus in 2020. Calvin University classes are currently in session and in-person. Our nationally ranked Health Services and Center for Counseling and Wellness teams provide additional support to students. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Valuegrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Campusgrade B minus
- Athleticsgrade B+
- Party Scenegrade C+
- Professorsgrade A minus
- Locationgrade B+
- Dormsgrade A minus
- Campus Foodgrade B minus
- Student Lifegrade B
- Safetygrade B+
Calvin University is a leading Christian university located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Here you’ll get equipped to think with courage, act with justice, and live with intention. You’ll learn in our vibrant Christian community—and make lasting friends and connections. When you graduate you’ll be ready for anything, prepared to lead a bold, faithful life. Sound good? Then we think you could fit in. Come and see.
Calvin University Rankings
Niche rankings are based on rigorous analysis of key statistics from the U.S. Department of Education and millions of reviews.
Will You Get In?
- of students agree that professors put a lot of effort into teaching their classes. 61 responses
- of students agree that it is easy to get the classes they want. 72 responses
- of students agree that the workload is easy to manage. 71 responses
Most Popular Majors
- Engineering114 Graduates
- Business69 Graduates
- Nursing65 Graduates
- Psychology49 Graduates
- Biology39 Graduates
- Elementary Education39 Graduates
- Religious Vocations39 Graduates
- Speech Language Pathology38 Graduates
- Physical Education Teaching and Coaching36 Graduates
- Spanish Language and Literature32 Graduates
Engineering at Calvin University
At Calvin, you’ll learn from dedicated Christian professors who challenge you to integrate faith and engineering. Your professors know you personally and love watching your designs take shape. They'll also use their industry experience to prepare you for great internships and jobs. When you graduate, you’ll have the skills to lead in your field and the vision to build a more just future.
- Mix of Online and on Campus1%
- On Campus98%
- Tall, blonde, and dutch.52%
- All of the above11%
- of students say they don't have Greek life. 58 responses
- of students say varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life. 89 responses
- of students feel confident they will find a job in their field after graduation. 38 responses
Calvin University Reviews
However, that being said, Calvin offers a wonderful Christ-centered community that makes an effort to discuss topics such as racism and discrimination with a mindset of loving everyone in God's Kingdom. The people and professors at Calvin are also pretty great (for the most part)--the students at Calvin are friendlier than students at any other college that I've visited.
1. Professors need to figure a better way to communicate with students who study remotely. They need to check their emails more often and reach out to students who might have a trouble with the class or any other just as they would do if the students were sitting face-to-face
2. The quality of videos they record are very poor. Students have a hard time listening to what the professors say because the questions coming from other students while recording get mixed up. Also, the professors could speak up a bit louder or write things down more nicely so that students can actually read what they wrote.
3. The quality of pdf files they upload as study guides or other educational materials were quite poor.