Calvin College Reviews

Went there on a campus visit with my child--at meal time, all of the families of color dine alone. Of all the concerns that parents have for their students when leaving them on a college campus, being ostracized should not be one of them.
I love my experience at Calvin College. They welcomed me very comfortably and the college is very diverse. I loved my first year here and all the professors are very kind and engaging.
Calvin College is truly the place to be. Although as young freshman, I was terrified. Truly traumatized to start this new chapter in my life. When I got there, the students were truly so kind. They helped me feel at home, gave me directions, did not make me feel small, and were so loving. Within the first months of college, I have met some of the most kindhearted, open, generous people who I have become close too. The teachers are so respectable, and want to help me understand to better my future and schooling. Calvin has so many activities, that there is always something to so, from rock climbing, to the plays or dance gill or just to have a spa night with your floor. It truly has been a blessing, and I have grown from my small faith that now blossoms. I cannot wait for what Calvin has in store for me throughout the months of my first year and later to come.
Start Your Review of Calvin College
I love the professors. They actually want their students to succeed and sometimes would give personal time to connect with their students. it's kinda hard to get around without a car though, and public transport aren't the best.
Excellent school with a great community. Calvin has lots of academic opportunity, and is a great place for everyone to learn. Rigorous academics and a great social atmosphere, this school provides an excellent and challenging college experience.
I love life and studying here. It's hard and busy at times but the environment and the amazing relationships help me get through.
So far, I have no regrets at Calvin. I love the students and the professors. Indeed, the school is aimed at helping every student to succeed in life. I believe Calvin is the best place to prepare you for life after college. Calvin is also the best when it comes to spiritual communication with God and your entire spiritual well being.
I love their summons,and it makes me always remember that God is truly a living being.
Calvin College helped me to develop a concrete world view to embrace and live out my vocational calling as a nurse. Calvin gave me the opportunity to question my beliefs and lay the foundation for me to become a functioning and contributing member of society.
It's fantastic. Calvin College is a place where students can learn more about themselves, their God, and their community while studying their major and being trained to think deeply, act justly, and live fully. I was nervous going into freshman year but the community on campus is very positive and loving. The academics are fantastic, with some of the professors coming from schools like Harvard and Yale. They challenge the students, but in a way that's more "I know you can handle this tough stuff" and less "suck it up". The core requirements (gen eds) can be annoying for people who already know exactly what career they want to get into but a lot of those classes end up being really interesting because, again, the professors are great and so is the overall community. In summary, Calvin College is a great school for people who want to make a difference in the world for God's glory and get to know a lot of other people while getting a high quality education.
I loved my 4 years at Calvin. I grew so much in academics, friendships, faith, and in myself as a well-rounded person. Professors are extremely approachable and helpful, location is amazing in Grand Rapids with a lot to offer, facilities are well-maintained. There is a great community spirit when it comes to sports and rivalries. Downsides would be cost of attendance.
Calvin college does a great job at connecting students with teachers and finding a good match for dorm life, while also providing a safe environment for their students!
Calvin is wonderful. From the moment I first visited I felt at peace and at home. I met great friends, always felt safe, and grew not only in spiritual growth, but also in my self. I would highly recommend Calvin College to anyone who is interested in finding God, to grow in faith, and to have an education and a community that will help you in your vocation.
Small classroom size, dry campus, need a car to get around. Dining hall food is alright. As for campus size, it's pretty small compared to other big colleges/universities
Calvin is amazing school that really cares for all of its students! I have loved it so far, and have found it to be extremely welcoming and academically rewarding.
Integrating multiple disciplines and allowing themes to cross over subjects is a great learning perk. I love my professors, they are very personable and ready to help. Calvin prepares their students to be knowledgeable citizens of the United States and of the world. Professors allow students to express their faith, no one pushes Christianity upon you. The dining halls could be improved, the food isn't great.
Great School. All professors I have had are passionate and very involved in their christian faith and integrate it into classes. Most everyone is friendly and the Student faculty (RA's and such) are amazing at fostering good communities in dorms and classes. I've had a few problems with professors and technology but i'm pretty sure that'll happen anywhere
Overall, Professors are very caring and helpful. Academics are difficult, but very strong. It's a very diverse environment with lots of options for extra-curricular activities.
Start Your Review of Calvin College
I've attended Calvin for a semester now and appreciate the challenge in the classroom and unity across campus. The academic workload is challenging and requires many hours to complete all assignments and study, however, the content we are expected to learn expands our worldview, as it is a Liberal Arts college.
The professors are engaging and show that they want their students to succeed by making themselves available and approachable in and out of the classroom.
Student life is very unity-orientated. In the dorms, at sporting events, and other special events Calvin puts on, I have never felt a great divide between different groups of students. Everyone is accepting, encouraging, and helpful.
I love my school. I have worked in different capacities at my school (food service, resident assistant, etc.) and I have always had good experiences with it. I love how Calvin has caring professors, incorporates faith into learning, and cares about society and social justice issues.
So far I like nearly everything about the school. It is a predominantly white school, which isn't surprising given it's location. One thing I dislike is that Calvin is so pro-diversity (which is great) that they come off as being almost anti-white (which isn't good). That's pretty much it for my complaints though.