Calvin College Reviews

Calvin College prepares their students for the future. Many amazing professors and staff to help you with any problem!
Really enjoyed my time here so far. The profs are great but the campus life is lacking. There are also a lot of rules about open house hours which can be frustrating.
I am a Calvin alum, donor, and (hopefully) future parent. Calvin holds a dear and special place in my heart. I learned and grew so much during my time at Calvin. Calvin wrestles with big and challenging issues and prepares young people to live profoundly world changing lives in response to the love of Jesus Christ. There is not enough space here to even get started on how wonderful Calvin is.
Start Your Review of Calvin College
Calvin College is setting me up for success. I am getting a wholesome academic experience that is teaching me to be a better steward of my faith and knowledge.
Most students are fairly friendly in class. People are not afraid of leaving their things behind in the library. Professors are extremely understanding in the case of emergencies!
Great atmosphere, small town kind of college. I am involved in the Calvin athletics and it has yet to let me down. The classes defiantly have a rigorous curriculum, and the professors are hard but I know im getting a great education.
Good school, but they rob you for money. No way is it worth 45K. The upside is they create a great social environment, you get to know a lot of people. But there are so many stupid rules and the administration is really strict. They are pretty bias when it comes to kids with money and without. Overall, decent school.
Went there on a campus visit with my child--at meal time, all of the families of color dine alone. Of all the concerns that parents have for their students when leaving them on a college campus, being ostracized should not be one of them.
I love my experience at Calvin College. They welcomed me very comfortably and the college is very diverse. I loved my first year here and all the professors are very kind and engaging.
Calvin College is truly the place to be. Although as young freshman, I was terrified. Truly traumatized to start this new chapter in my life. When I got there, the students were truly so kind. They helped me feel at home, gave me directions, did not make me feel small, and were so loving. Within the first months of college, I have met some of the most kindhearted, open, generous people who I have become close too. The teachers are so respectable, and want to help me understand to better my future and schooling. Calvin has so many activities, that there is always something to so, from rock climbing, to the plays or dance gill or just to have a spa night with your floor. It truly has been a blessing, and I have grown from my small faith that now blossoms. I cannot wait for what Calvin has in store for me throughout the months of my first year and later to come.
I love the professors. They actually want their students to succeed and sometimes would give personal time to connect with their students. it's kinda hard to get around without a car though, and public transport aren't the best.
Excellent school with a great community. Calvin has lots of academic opportunity, and is a great place for everyone to learn. Rigorous academics and a great social atmosphere, this school provides an excellent and challenging college experience.
I love life and studying here. It's hard and busy at times but the environment and the amazing relationships help me get through.
So far, I have no regrets at Calvin. I love the students and the professors. Indeed, the school is aimed at helping every student to succeed in life. I believe Calvin is the best place to prepare you for life after college. Calvin is also the best when it comes to spiritual communication with God and your entire spiritual well being.
I love their summons,and it makes me always remember that God is truly a living being.
Calvin College helped me to develop a concrete world view to embrace and live out my vocational calling as a nurse. Calvin gave me the opportunity to question my beliefs and lay the foundation for me to become a functioning and contributing member of society.
It's fantastic. Calvin College is a place where students can learn more about themselves, their God, and their community while studying their major and being trained to think deeply, act justly, and live fully. I was nervous going into freshman year but the community on campus is very positive and loving. The academics are fantastic, with some of the professors coming from schools like Harvard and Yale. They challenge the students, but in a way that's more "I know you can handle this tough stuff" and less "suck it up". The core requirements (gen eds) can be annoying for people who already know exactly what career they want to get into but a lot of those classes end up being really interesting because, again, the professors are great and so is the overall community. In summary, Calvin College is a great school for people who want to make a difference in the world for God's glory and get to know a lot of other people while getting a high quality education.
I loved my 4 years at Calvin. I grew so much in academics, friendships, faith, and in myself as a well-rounded person. Professors are extremely approachable and helpful, location is amazing in Grand Rapids with a lot to offer, facilities are well-maintained. There is a great community spirit when it comes to sports and rivalries. Downsides would be cost of attendance.
Start Your Review of Calvin College
Calvin college does a great job at connecting students with teachers and finding a good match for dorm life, while also providing a safe environment for their students!
Calvin is wonderful. From the moment I first visited I felt at peace and at home. I met great friends, always felt safe, and grew not only in spiritual growth, but also in my self. I would highly recommend Calvin College to anyone who is interested in finding God, to grow in faith, and to have an education and a community that will help you in your vocation.
Small classroom size, dry campus, need a car to get around. Dining hall food is alright. As for campus size, it's pretty small compared to other big colleges/universities