California University of Pennsylvania Reviews

1,295 reviews
I like my major at Cal its difficulty but I love it. It makes me love what I want to do in life. The professor also push you to do better and get the grade you really want. I also really like the dorms and I like how you can have your own room. One thing I do not like is the food we need more choices and we need like fast food near us.
I really like the campus at CalU. It is very "earth friendly" and has some great places on and off campus to dine. If you have friends or family visiting, you can show them a good time.
My experience with Cal U so far is good. I met the right friends to have fun with and also got involved with many things on campus so I'm always busy and active.
Review California University of Pennsylvania
I thoroughly enjoy California University of Pennsylvania. I have learned so much from my professors and I can't wait to land my future dream job.
it's a very good school with so much to offer. I wouldn't change anything at all. the school is very decent.
I like California University of Pennsylvania because it is a good place for students to get an introduction into the college experience.
Professors are helpful when it comes to understanding material. Students are nice and helpful. When it comes to questions everyone is quick to help in any way they can. Housing on campus is convenient because you can walk any where you want to go. Town in right beside campus so you can go grocery shopping.
Cal U is an overall great campus and I'm proud to be a part of the community. My original plan to join the Army. I went through all the steps but I was not medically cleared to join due to my history of childhood asthma. After that setback, I have decided to pursue Nursing. I immediately applied to Cal U and Penn State, but of course (after visiting), I chose Cal U. The campus is small but amazing! The professors are here to help and do all they can do to help you succeed. Almost through with my first semester and my experience so far is remarkable. I enjoy and welcome the responsibility that comes along with being a college student and look forward to the years to come. My plan is to graduate and become a successful nurse. I enjoy helping others and have compassion for all ages.
If I could change one thing about Cal U, it would be to add another cable machine in the gym. Myself, along with my buddies enjoy going to the gym and working out together.
I have been having a great experience here. It is overall a very good university. Everything is well organized, clean, and everyone is super nice. I've made a great decision transferring to this school.
The school is full of valuable resources. Going to Cal U is one of the smartest moves I have made so far in life. I plan to give back thousands after I graduate, so the youth can experience what my peers and I get to.
Most professors were very organized. The chemistry courses were all set up the same way, which made it a nice transition between classes. Classes should have been offered more often and with larger class sizes. It was difficult to get into the courses I needed to graduate.
California University of Pennsylvania has excellent resources; from the library to the gym to Student Affairs, you will be prepared for any difficulties that arise. CalU has an excellent Physical Therapist Assistant program. Though challenging, it expertly prepares you for your Boards and your workforce experience. The professors are kind and are ready to assist in anything you need. As a commuter myself, I can attest to the many lounges and clubs available for your comfort and enjoyment. The police on campus keep students safe and the food is good, especially the Chick-fil-A in the student union. If you are looking for an affordable, academic and exciting college, CalU is for you.
The Environmental Studies and Biology department at CalU is wonderful. There are incredibly intelligent, devoted, and caring professors in the department who want to see you succeed. I have been lucky enough to learn from many of these professors, and they have immensely increased my knowledge in my field of Environmental Science.
The college is incredibly expensive though, especially being an out-of-state student. There are certain fees that should definitely be lowered, such as the amount of money we're paying to cover the costs of the Natali Student Union, as well as the semester-based fees for the workout facilities. I also disagree with some of the required 100 level classes; some of these requirements are incredibly frustrating as a transfer student who is trying to complete required classes for my major but has to pay extra money to take the 100 level classes over the summer so I can graduate on time.
The students and teachers are great and easy to work with. Athletics at California University of PA are great also. I would like to see more students participating in the sports and activities.
This school has lots of wonderful attributes; there are many options for dining, there are many options for physical activity (including a gym/pool, the activities/groups you can join), and it helps you meet unique personalities of people that go to school at California University of Pennsylvania. I would do first semester of my first year all over again, because I loved it so much. I know you will too!
I love going here. the campus is beautiful and small. You really get to know your peers here. The dorms and apartments here are nice and well kept. The town however could be better. It's not a lot to do in town. If you are not involved on campus, you will be bored.
Overall, the school is very nice and has some truly excellent professors. However, with it being in such a small area, sometime there is not much to do: i. e. movies, shopping, etc.
Review California University of Pennsylvania
My experience at Cal U has been nothing short of amazing. Friendly, caring, helpful individuals are everywhere you turn. The professors care about your grades and will do everything to help you. The facilities are wonderful and it makes you feel at home. There's nothing I would change at CAL U.
The professors at CalU are amazing teachers who know what they are talking about, they are very educated in what they are teaching. The food is not that great, but on the bright side a Chick-fil-A was recently built. The classrooms are really decent sizes, small enough to get that one on one help. The school is in the middle of no where, there isn't too much of anything around. The one thing that would make CALU a much better university is for the people on campus to have more school spirit, instead of everyone going home every weekend.
California University of Pennsylvania is a must see and visit campus before deciding on what school is fit for you. I enjoy walking on this campus and constantly feel safe. The students on this campus are always very friendly and its super easy to make friends. I came across many people I had many things in common with in just my first few weeks of class. You cant go wrong with CalU. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a rewarding college experience