California State University - San Bernardino
- 4 Year
- SAN BERNARDINO, CA
California State University - San Bernardino Campus Life
Based on housing cost, capacity, student reviews and additional factors.
On-Campus Housing Available
Freshmen Required to Live on Campus
Freshmen Live On-Campus
No data available
Undergrads in College Housing
Average Housing Cost
$7,644 / year
45%of students say overall dorm quality is great. 661 responses
51%of students say the dorms' social atmosphere is great. 252 responses
Based on meal plan cost and student reviews on the food.
Meal Plan Available
Average Meal Plan Cost
$3,000 / year
What are the best food options on campus?
Based on 347 responses
- Taco Bell14%
- Healthy snacks in the book store or little market13%
- World Of Wings (WOW)12%
- Stir Fry. Probably the healthiest option.11%
- They need a juice it up or green crush9%
- Food on Campus6%
61%of students highly rate the dining facilities. 176 responses
Based on quality of housing, food services, student reviews, and additional factors.
Based on campus diversity, social scene, student reviews, and additional factors.
What is your overall opinion of your school and the campus community?
Based on 131 responses
- I love everything about my school and have a lot of campus pride.27%
- I like mostly everything about my school, but there are some things I wish were different.58%
- The school community is okay-we're all just here for an education, nothing more.14%
- I hate my school and have no school spirit.1%
Based on crimes on campus, local area crime rates, and student reviews.
83%of students say they feel extremely safe and secure on campus. 171 responses
How does peer pressure affect students' use of drugs and alcohol?
Based on 102 responses
- You can have a great social life without drugs or alcohol.63%
- Most people partake in some form, but no one treats you differently if you don't.28%
- You'll definitely feel a little awkward if you don't drink.8%
- If you don't partake, you're left out.1%
How visible are the campus police on campus?
Based on 140 responses
- Extremely present and willing to assist students.30%
- There if you need them but not overbearing.51%
- Just there to bust up parties or give out parking tickets.6%
- Not very visible.11%
- We have campus police?2%
How popular are varsity sports on campus?
Based on 274 responses
- Almost everything on campus revolves around them.3%
- Varsity sports are a big part of campus life.28%
- Varsity sporting events are attended, but not a huge part of campus life.61%
- No one pays attention to varsity sports.8%
Men's Varsity Sports
Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer
Women's Varsity Sports
Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field: Outdoor, Track and Field: X-Country, Volleyball
Clubs & Activities
Campus Ministries, Dance, Drama/Theater, International Student Organizations, Model UN, Radio Station, Student Government, Newspaper, Television Station
Choral Groups, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Music Ensembles, Musical Theater, Symphony Orchestra
What are your favorite campus events or traditions?
Based on 107 responses
- Coyote Fest31%
- Late Night With Rec Sports30%
- Movie showings on the library lawn23%
- When certain clubs sell boba to fundraise.7%
- Greek Week6%
- The opening of the DEN4%
grade B minus
Based on access to bars and student reviews on the party scene.
What is the party scene like on campus?
Based on 182 responses
- Tons of raging parties almost any night of the week.3%
- Lots of options Wednesday-Saturday.13%
- Some decent frat/house parties, weekends only.25%
- Good parties are few and far between.21%
- Parties? What parties?37%
What is the biggest social event of the year?
Based on 98 responses
- Coyote Fest54%
- Late night23%
- I have never been to one8%
- A campus endorsed event is not considered a party.4%
- It depends. I go to pdc.2%
Men in Fraternities
Women in Sororities
54%of students say that Greek life is average, and no one will treat you differently if you don't join. 230 responses